Why was Jesus born?

So now you say Jacob is sane,
We know Jacob never claimed to be creator of all living things, smarter then all living beings only to not remember his own name, father's name, nor able to get down from a tree or stop Rome and liberate his people.
Jacob also never made a claim that he was Lucifer(the first fallen who'd claim to be God.)
Only Jesus did that.-Rev 22:16

Last edited:
To his credit Jacob never claimed he was divine. Only Jesus did that.
Lol... Once again Ding shoots himself in the foot....It is true Jacob never claimed to be DA " VINE" but Jesus was in John and what a poisonous VINE he was choking and killing all the other good little plants in the garden or at least his followers did afterwards... One could compare him to the poisonous Vine of Sodom and Gommorah mentioned in Deutoronomy ...

To his credit Buddha never claimed he was divine. Only Jesus did.

You are mistaken.

If Jesus claimed to be divine, he was insane. Its as simple as that. There is another rational way to interpret what he said that doesn't make him out to be a false prophet. You are in effect believing what he was falsely accused of by his enemies to discredit him, claiming equality with God. Even in the first century, just like today, anyone who would claim to be the living God was unquestionably mentally ill.

"But go and tell my brothers that I am ascending to my Father and their Father, my God and their God."

By saying that his God is our God Jesus effectively eliminates the possibility that he either thought of himself as God or claimed to be God.
There is no question as to His claim. He is either who He said He is or He is a bad man.

There is another possibility that you haven't seemed to include in your speculations..

You have failed to comprehend what Jesus meant by saying things like, "the Father and I are one", "if you have seen me you have seen the Father", and "before Abraham was born I am."

Whats worse, you had to have intentionally dismissed the entire teaching in the law and the prophets to adopt a belief that Jesus, a human being, was God or became God based on three passages that should have made you question his sanity and the teachings of your church...

I thought you said that you were an honest man...

"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Sounds familiar.
Aham Brahmasmi - वेद Veda
Similar but not the same. Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" Jesus was answering the same way God first answered it, by declaring that He is existence. "I am Brahman" is speaking in the third person.

I enjoyed that website though. It was awesome. I bookmarked it. Thanks.

"Before Abraham was born I am" simply means that before Abraham was born God existed.

Jesus said this in response to being asked how he could have seen Abraham being less than 50 years old, which implies that if he were over fifty they might have believed that Jesus had seen Abraham. This shows that seeing Abraham was simply about understanding Abraham. This is exactly what Jesus meant by saying if you have seen me you have seen the Father, If you have understood Jesus you would perceive God. This is not a claim to divinity or as his enemies would have you believe, an admission of insanity.

When Jesus said, before Abraham was born I am, he was saying he had seen/understood Abraham because God, who has always been in existence and knew Abraham, was with Jesus and in Jesus.

"everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." John 15:15

Last edited:

You are mistaken.

If Jesus claimed to be divine, he was insane. Its as simple as that. There is another rational way to interpret what he said that doesn't make him out to be a false prophet. You are in effect believing what he was falsely accused of by his enemies to discredit him, claiming equality with God. Even in the first century, just like today, anyone who would claim to be the living God was unquestionably mentally ill.

"But go and tell my brothers that I am ascending to my Father and their Father, my God and their God."

By saying that his God is our God Jesus effectively eliminates the possibility that he either thought of himself as God or claimed to be God.
There is no question as to His claim. He is either who He said He is or He is a bad man.

There is another possibility that you haven't seemed to include in your speculations..

You have failed to comprehend what Jesus meant by saying things like, "the Father and I are one", "if you have seen me you have seen the Father", and "before Abraham was born I am."

Whats worse, you had to have intentionally dismissed the entire teaching in the law and the prophets to adopt a belief that Jesus, a human being, was God or became God based on three passages that should have made you question his sanity and the teachings of your church...

Then you say He is a bad man.

"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Sounds familiar.
Aham Brahmasmi - वेद Veda
Similar but not the same. Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" Jesus was answering the same way God first answered it, by declaring that He is existence. "I am Brahman" is speaking in the third person.

I enjoyed that website though. It was awesome. I bookmarked it. Thanks.

"Before Abraham was born I am" simply means that before Abraham was born God existed.

Jesus said this in response to being asked how he could have seen Abraham being less than 50 years old, which implies that if he were over fifty they might have believed that Jesus had seen Abraham. This shows that seeing Abraham was simply about understanding Abraham. This is exactly what Jesus meant by saying if you have seen me you have seen the Father, If you have understood Jesus you would perceive God.

When Jesus said, before Abraham was born I am, he was saying he had seen/understood Abraham because God, who has always been in existence and knew Abraham, was with Jesus and in Jesus.

"everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." John 15:15
That's some serious mental masterbation.

You are mistaken.

No, I showed you a rational way to understand what your church has told you was an irrational claim to divinity.

You accusing Jesus of being insane and claiming to be God when he didn't makes you the bad man.

You are mistaken.

No, I showed you a rational way to understand what your church has told you was an irrational claim to divinity.

You accusing Jesus of being insane and claiming to be God when he didn't makes you the bad man.
Oh, I'm sure I am a bad man, but not for the reasons you ascribe.

You did not show me a rational way you showed me your rationalization.

You are mistaken.

No, you just failed to comprehend. I showed you something that you did not see because you have swept your mind clean of the ability to think rationally consequent to being taught by your church to fear logic within your own mind and from others as if it was a satanic assault on your faith.

Seriously, Don't you even have an inkling that something is amiss with your openly professed belief that one unequalled God is really three co equal persons, and that one of them was human and edible?

Anyway, thanks for helping me to show the wisdom of God in giving the command to refrain from the flesh of any unclean creature that does not ruminate, and for so generously demonstrating the terrifying and disturbing consequences for non compliance.

You know, ruminate - think deeply.

You should try it someday..

Last edited:

No, you just failed to comprehend. I showed you something that you did not see because you have swept your mind clean of the ability to think rationally consequent to being taught by your church to fear logic within your own mind and from others as if it was a satanic assault on your faith.

Anyway, thanks for helping me to show the wisdom of God in giving the command to refrain from the flesh of any unclean creature that does not ruminate, and for so generously demonstrating the terrifying and disturbing consequences for non compliance.

You know, ruminate - think deeply.

You should try it someday..
I understood and rejected it. You presume a lot about me. You do not know what I have done or have not done. I love logic. God created it.

Thanks for showing me your anti-Christian hatred. The exalted will be humbled and the humble will be exalted.

I understood and rejected it. You presume a lot about me. You do not know what I have done or have not done. I love logic. God created it.

You haven't had a logical thought ever since the very first day you got down on your knees before a lifeless matzo made by human hands as if it was a living god that could grant eternal life to all those who ate it.

Thanks for showing me your anti-Christian hatred. The exalted will be humbled and the humble will be exalted.

Oh, so now I hate Christians because I pointed out great errors that you have made in your own speculations?

Could you stoop a little lower?

You are mistaken.

you are the only one to come to that conclusion.

Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani .'My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?

1st century Jesus knew he was going to die.

images

Heracles (or Hercules) is best known as the strongest of all mortals, and the only man born of a mortal woman to become a god upon his death.

After the Roman Empire became Christianized, mythological narratives were often reinterpreted as allegory, influenced by the philosophy of late antiquity. In the 4th century, Servius had described Hercules' return from the underworld as representing his ability to overcome earthly desires and vices, or the earth itself as a consumer of bodies.[7] In medieval mythography, Hercules was one of the heroes seen as a strong role model who demonstrated both valor and wisdom, with the monsters he battles as moral obstacles.[8] One glossator noted that when Hercules became a constellation, he showed that strength was necessary to gain entrance to Heaven.[9]

you might try to understand the 1st century bing ... and lose your 4th.

No that is not how it works.
If Joe sends you a message through telegraph or through instant message or whatever method, to give to your group and you relay the message, then YOU ARE NOT JOE AND JOE IS NOT YOU. You are merely conveying the message from the messenger. Daniel was not Michael, Daniel was conveying intuitively what he received from the Olam Habah (world to come).
We already have the ability to send sound faster then light, so this is not so far fetched to imagine or recognize the process that previously was a mystery to the archaic age.

Last edited:
No that is not how it works.
If Joe sends you a message through telegraph or through instant message or whatever method, to give to your group and you relay the message, then YOU ARE NOT JOE AND JOE IS NOT YOU. You are merely conveying the message from the messenger. Daniel was not Michael, Daniel was conveying intuitively what he received from the Olam Habah (world to come).
We already have the ability to send sound faster then light, so this is not so far fetched to imagine or recognize the process that previously was a mystery to the archaic age.

You haven't had a logical thought ever since the very first day you got down on your knees before a lifeless matzo made by human hands as if it was a living god that could grant eternal life to all those who ate it.

Oh, so now I hate Christians because I pointed out great errors that you have made in your own speculations?

Could you stoop a little lower?
Yes, you hate Christians. You have not pointed out errors. You have attacked a rival religion. You are one of three people on these boards who is secretive of their beliefs and whose only real purpose here seems to be to attack Christianity.

You are mistaken.

you are the only one to come to that conclusion.

Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani .'My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?

1st century Jesus knew he was going to die.

images

Heracles (or Hercules) is best known as the strongest of all mortals, and the only man born of a mortal woman to become a god upon his death.

After the Roman Empire became Christianized, mythological narratives were often reinterpreted as allegory, influenced by the philosophy of late antiquity. In the 4th century, Servius had described Hercules' return from the underworld as representing his ability to overcome earthly desires and vices, or the earth itself as a consumer of bodies.[7] In medieval mythography, Hercules was one of the heroes seen as a strong role model who demonstrated both valor and wisdom, with the monsters he battles as moral obstacles.[8] One glossator noted that when Hercules became a constellation, he showed that strength was necessary to gain entrance to Heaven.[9]

you might try to understand the 1st century bing ... and lose your 4th.
What are you yammering about?

Forum List

Back