Why was Clinton (and still is) hated so much?

chagan said:
How can you say that we don't need to pour money into education? Are for real?? :wtf:

How are people supposed to get jobs if they don't get a good education? We need to pour a hell of a lot more money into education then other things, such as the welfare program that you mentioned about.

sighs. why do people refuse to think so much?

What happens if you pour moremoney into a failing education system. Nothing. The education problem in America isnt for a lack of funding. If it was we wouldnt have the Department of Education telling the states to spend the money allotted to them or lose it. We have more then enough money in education. Our problems are we arent using the money we have efficiently and we dont have clear standards to keep the teachers and students accountable. Any idiot can get through high school nowadays.

chagan said:

This is a discussion of funding between countries, states, cities, suburbs. This is not a study that shows that past a certain point, more money spent-increases student performance. The reason being-it doesn't. More money, again, past a certain point, does not!

I believe what you want, is the federal government to spend more money on schools. Most of us would disagree with that.

I should address the actual point of the thread. Why is Clinton hated.

I dont know that Clinton is hated. hate is a strong word. I certainly dont like the guy that much. I think his policies bordered incompetant to just plain evil. Its certainly clear that his slashing of the military and intelligence communities to balance the budget have had serious implications nowadays. He spent more time trying to lie himself out of his lies then actually benefiting the country. which is sad because im sure there are some good things he could have done in office. But then i think he is just a power hungry individual. I dont think he cares about the american people, just his wallet and ego. There were just too many areas of his presidency he bungled and he brought disrespect to the White house. I mean the guy probably is fine to hang out with for golf or something like someone else said, i wouldnt personally, but then im not a big golf fan. Clinton's administration is one of the biggest examples of why liberalism fails, not as big as Carters, but its still a big example.

Clinton will not be remembered fondly thoughout history. Before he is done messing in politics it will be his own party that will hate him most.

777 said:
For all I know and remember, my life went on as usual when Clinton was in office. For instance, the terrorist attacks abroad and the world trade center in New York in 1993, as posted in the first reply, did not have any direct impact on my life at the end of the day at that time. That may sound terrible .. sorry, I cannot put it in other words. My sincere apologies.

How did Clinton being in office affect your life, Sir Evil? Please, give examples. I really, REALLY would like to be enlightened as to how Clinton being in office affected lives of Americans in general. What was the negative impact?

For all you know your personal life and activities went on as usual. You say that you were going to school and WORKING FULL TIME?

Did you not notice that one of the first things Bill Clinton did was raise the taxes of every working man, woman and young person by a factor that was higher than any previous point in history. This was noted to have caused the decline in the economy and security as his two terms came to a close.

Clinton also forgave known criminals of their crimes by presidential decree as his last actions when leaving the white house. Clinton was the second US president to be impeached while in office.

Only now after four years under the Bush administration are jobs and the economy recovering. If you think that the prosperity during the Clinton administration had anything to do with him, you are incorrect.

His predecessors were responsible for this wave of prosperity during Clinton's disasterous term in office. He and his co-president Hillary, were busy trying to end health care and were actually forced to follow the 1992 Republican sweep into Congress and their positive positions or simply Clinton could have stood on the platform and watched his train leave the station.

Clinton was possibily the most corrupt and inept US president in the history of this country.

chagan said:
How can you say that we don't need to pour money into education? Are for real?? :wtf:

How are people supposed to get jobs if they don't get a good education? We need to pour a hell of a lot more money into education then other things, such as the welfare program that you mentioned about.
I hate to tell you (no, actually I'm enjoying the living heck out of it) that pouring money into education isn't going to help anyone in this country get a job. There is education there already and people refuse to take advantage of it.

How many people go to school and sit quietly and listen to the teacher? How many concentrate on their school work rather than their clothes, the opposite sex, music, etc.? How many parents actually sit with their kids and review the homework? How many get their children assistance when they require it? How many kids are taught that education is relevant and necessary rather than that how fast you run or throw a ball?

The problem with education isn't a lack of funds, it's a lack of involvement by the students and the parents. Until that changes, ain't nothing - especially more money - gonna help this putrid system.

Pale Rider said:
Why do I dislike slick willie? Well, aside from the fact that he's a sexual predator and utter PIG when it comes to women and how they should be treated, and how he DISGRACED the office of President of the United States, there's the impeachment, which to me, is the most important thing...[/B]

History seems to bring out the true character and nature of results of any previous president at least 50 years in the future historical books.

Clinton when he is viewed in the light of his terms in office will be shown to have been responsible for the following impact on businessmen and CEO's following Clinton's lead in 'getting away' with being corrupt, immoral and lack of conscious feelings for their employees. Ken Lay and Enron are only one small example of Clinton's lack of integrity and lying when swearing to follow the Constitution of the United States of America.

Wonderful post, Merlin. Amen, Amen, Amen! The man was an immature, unethical jerk, a bill of goods marketed to us by the liberal media, who should never have occupied that high office. I’m in agreement with someone on this board who said s/he didn’t think Clinton accomplished much while in office. Welform reform was not his idea. He would not have signed the bill into law, except the Republicans had the votes to make it law, and he didn’t dare exercise his veto. The economy was on the upswing when he was elected, and he just rode the wave to its crest, when it started waning in 1999. President Bush inherited his recession and the results of his lack of action against the terrorists. A good book written about Clinton’s presidency is “Legacy” by Rich Lowery. Here are some things that occurred during his watch:

1) Stolen nuclear secrets by the Chinese
2) Chinese donations to his campaign (illegal, hello, hello)
3) Lying under oath (by the President yet!)
4) Obstruction of justice in the Jones and Lewinsky cases
5) Leasing of a naval base to the Chinese right here in the U.S. (Now if
we have to tangle with China over Taiwan, they have positioned themselves well to deal with us right on our own turf. Thanks to Jimmy Carter, the Chinese are now in control of the Panama Canal as well.)
6) The long-time White House travel staff was fired for no good reason, but the Clintons falsely tried to make it look like they were ripping off the country!
7) FBI files on high profile Republicans were obtained for political reasons—to dig up dirt.
8) Very little action was taken against Al Quada when they destroyed American property and killed Americans during his presidency although he was always on TV immediately afterwards saying that these people would be found and brought to justice. After the USS Cole was struck, the people who worked in my office said the terrorists would be over here next. Alas, no truer words were spoken! Too bad our government didn’t have that much foresight.
9) Efforts to steal White House property when the Clintons left the White House.
10) Then Clinton rubbed it all in our faces by granting the infamous,unconscionable pardons the day before he vacated the White House.

When Jennifer Flowers revealed her 12-year relationship with him prior to his being elected, she tried to warn all what we would be getting if we elected him President, and we should have listened and saved ourselves a lot of grief.

• Thanks
Reactions: Moi

Forum List

Back