Why Vote Anyway?

That whiny little guy would be me, sir.

If so you speak extemporaneously very well, but you don't have enough years in to see how everything works. Everything happens for a reason, and the reason 14,000 factories were moved to China and probably 10x that many were built overseas instead on here in the USA is government policy. Without jobs there is no tax money to waste, unless they borrow it from China.
The government seems ineffective because the whores only have one objective, and thats selling you out to get re-elected. Good luck, many happy returns!!

That whiny little guy would be me, sir.

If so you speak extemporaneously very well, but you don't have enough years in to see how everything works. Everything happens for a reason, and the reason 14,000 factories were moved to China and probably 10x that many were built overseas instead on here in the USA is government policy. Without jobs there is no tax money to waste, unless they borrow it from China.
The government seems ineffective because the whores only have one objective, and thats selling you out to get re-elected. Good luck, many happy returns!!

You are right, sir. I do not have enough years in me to understand how everything works. But I do have a basic understanding of how some things work. And I am putting my knowledge of those some things to work. :lol:

Interesting argument, however, the points that you present relating to the dysfunction of the American political system actually undermine one of your central points - i.e. "why vote?"

While, admittedly, voting does not change the entire political system, it is inherent to something that would - that being political participation of the citizenry. By not participating politically, you are encouraging apathy which will ultimately hurt us as a society. Only if enough people ACTIVELY participate in political thought and CARE will change in political discourse actually occur. Change cannot come from one man, or volunteer, or even one institution alone. Change in American political thought will only come from the people.

Not voting, as stated, will do the opposite. Because then only the crazies will vote (which I'll estimate to be 20% of the population) and we'll still be stuck in the same goddamn mass with most people unrepresented and ostracized from the political system.

Hell, even if both Democratic and Republican candidates are hacks, then vote for the random independent who won't win as a protest vote. Or right-in NOTA (none of the above). Better than not voting, which is one's civic duty.

Forum List

Back