CDZ Why Universities are Dead...For the most part.

sakinago

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012
Not even accounting for the universities that are in the news like Berkley, Yale, Mizzou, etc. for shutting down and protesting speakers they disagree with, creating safe spaces, setting up guidelines for things like Halloween costumes and how to self censor your language. Which is an abomination of what a university is supposed to be, a place where ideas should be challenged and tested, and speech is free. There shouldn't be a safe space in college, you're views should constantly be challenged and formed. But now most have become a place where you make a deal with the devil, promising a huge chunk of your future wealth to them, so that they can incubate you and add on 4 or more years of adolescence, with little responsibility and plenty of partying. I mean bachelors degrees run you around 80,000$ these days, you cant declare bankruptcy on them, you're lucky to come out with a job paying 40,000$ in your field, usually your working as a fry cook until you find something better...to me that essentially sounds like indentured servitude to me. Even when youre one of the lucky ones with a 40,000$ job, now your giving probably about a quarter of your paycheck a month to pay for the loans, and now your supposed to find affordable housing?

New Analysis Shows Problematic Boom In Higher Ed Administrators | HuffPost

And most of that 80,000$ you're paying for isn't even going to you're actual education. Its going to administration and construction costs at these universities. The growth of administration personnel at universities over the past 25 years not only outpaced the growth of academic faculty, but has also outpaced the growth of students at those universities...you cant look at that stat and not see something wrong with that. It baffles me that the left is so against corrupt business ripping off the people, yet are silent when it comes to universities ripping our youth off for tens even 100's of thousands of dollars, and starting them off with a huge disadvantage. This will have pretty negative impacts on the economy in coming years when these kids start coming of age, they've been trained for jobs that were maybe there 10 years ago, probably not today, and have to scramble to pay for outrageous student loans. And guys like Bernie think the solution is to just have government pay for these corrupt universities to continue their indentured servitude programs....No, F-that. Send your kids to a vocational school, unless they a certain and have the ability to get a degree in engineering, or MD, or something else that's actually still in demand. We need to stop promoting this, and stop shooting our kids in the foot right as they're beginning their life.

Tell that to corporate America that makes the demands of students getting degrees for a job....
So it’s not the universities fault?? WHAT? Is that your position?
Sitting on my ass in front of a PC duh...
Doesn't make any modicum of sense. You really expect business to be like, "ok, we're just gonna hire uneducated people and see how that goes." ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Its somehow the fault of business that universities are ripping students off...Do you actually think out your points before you say them?

Colleges aren't dead by a long shot. Business is booming, the freshmen classes keep getting bigger and tuition keeps going higher. I agree with you that colleges have lost their way and getting into a lot of PC nonsense that is not serving anyone especially the students.

Costs are ridiculous and yes administration, new athletic facilities, dorms and apartments keep the costs rising. As long as people keep pushing Johnny and Jane into college even if they don't belong there, I don't see how the madness stops. It's simple supply and demand, keep jacking your prices until the customers stop buying.

Anyone hiring a millennial has a screw loose.

My millennials work and do rather well what's you beef?

Good point. Paying kids with Masters $15/hr to clean toilets is not such a bad thing.

I've seen positions in which it was ridiculous to require a degree for a basic intro job category...

Because they only want brainwashed sheeple idiots.
MicroSheep-brainwashed-by-Big-Brother-Apple-1984.jpg

Tell that to corporate America that makes the demands of students getting degrees for a job....
Doesn't make any modicum of sense. You really expect business to be like, "ok, we're just gonna hire uneducated people and see how that goes." ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Its somehow the fault of business that universities are ripping students off...Do you actually think out your points before you say them?
The simplicity of the job didn't require someone to spend money for what they will have to learn from the company they work for even when they do have to have a degree....You contend that the universities are ripping folks off but they still get jobs with those degrees. and kids need to learn how to work for their degrees while doing them to cut down on the cost.......

Anyone hiring a millennial has a screw loose.

My millennials work and do rather well what's you beef?

Good point. Paying kids with Masters $15/hr to clean toilets is not such a bad thing.

I've seen positions in which it was ridiculous to require a degree for a basic intro job category...

Because they only want brainwashed sheeple idiots.
MicroSheep-brainwashed-by-Big-Brother-Apple-1984.jpg

yeah well that is what all kids are expected to be for the greater good of any and every form of economic systems even capitalism....

Yes, they could do internships/apprenticeships. Trades used to offer that. Now they require you go into debt for some baloney degree.

Forum List

Back