CDZ Why TN Instead of TX, FL et al?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Nashville owns the music scene, TX owns video games and energy services, FL keeps taxes low because it is the preferred vacation and retirement state of the country. But PA is the preferred site for relatively low cost retirement in the mid-Atlantic states. This type of chamber of commerce spiel can be given for most states. So, why is TN on more short lists than just about any other state?

A lot of people from Illinois are moving to Tennessee......trying to get out before the democrats build the wall to keep people from escaping.....

A lot of people from Illinois are moving to Tennessee......trying to get out before the democrats build the wall to keep people from escaping.....
I thought the major problem in IL was the great number of people who have decided to live in an adjoining state and commute to IL for the higher wages.

Nashville owns the music scene, TX owns video games and energy services, FL keeps taxes low because it is the preferred vacation and retirement state of the country. But PA is the preferred site for relatively low cost retirement in the mid-Atlantic states. This type of chamber of commerce spiel can be given for most states. So, why is TN on more short lists than just about any other state?
Great Smoky Mountains National Park - Wikipedia

Thank you, that could well be the difference.

Thank you, that could well be the difference.
If you enjoy the outdoors it is nice to have a beautiful place like that only a drive away. I have the Adirondack park nearby. PA also has some beautiful country if you can tolerate or enjoy cold winters.

And PA is seeing an increasing tax base due to its lower taxes than those of MD, NY and NJ.

I lived in Chattanooga for several years. I will probably retire there. Lots to do, great outdoor activities, beautiful scenery without having to shovel to go anywhere during the winter.

I lived in Chattanooga for several years. I will probably retire there. Lots to do, great outdoor activities, beautiful scenery without having to shovel to go anywhere during the winter.

Here in FL we think of GA as the great white north.

Cool mountains. You can get great water with a hammer and a pipe.

Illinois is on the verge of collapse, and the crime rate at all levels has always been huge; I don't know why anybody still lives there at all, except for gangsters. Like NYC, it has always been very gangster friendly.

TN has great scenery, you can still find cheap places to live almost affordable for today's wage levels in some places that people can afford, lot of stuff to do and see that cost little or nothing. I like PA too, not as cheap, but the small town people are great, scenery is great, but yeah the winters can get pretty rough on old people.

TX is also the new Mecca for corporate HQs, and the housing prices are getting ridiculous for the wage levels which are determined by criminal illegal immigration and Red China, so as a result the homeless rates are going up dramatically and more and more people with full time jobs now buy their houses at the Wal-Mart outdoors dept. The same sort of 'California Effect' Oregon saw in the late 80's-early 90's as firms move here from Cali and other parts of the country.

Forum List

Back