Why This Election Might Be OK My Con Pals

craner

Nov 15, 2012
NY State
As Leno says, he's running out of GOP to blame! I think most logical thinking folks will come to agree he now owns the economy. He screws it up even further than he's done ( no doubt he will ) we'll have the WH back in 2016 and maybe the Senate in 2014. Chin up!:badgrin:

Leno: Obama Running Out of Republicans to Blame

Jay Leno: "President Obama today pardoned the White House turkey, and then the turkey forgave him for the bad economy. So it worked out nice. Thought that was nice."

"As you may have heard, our economy is headed towards what they call a fiscal cliff unless President Obama and Congress can reach some sort of compromise. And President Obama is in a tough spot. Because the Democrats did so well on Election Day, he's running out of Republicans he can blame this on."

Deficit spending been going down since Obama's first year. What are you folks going to do when we get back into the surplus area again, like what happened with Clinton?

:lol:

Now in my lifetime I have heard that the GOP is dead, and that the Dem party was dead.

In both cases the reports of their demise was premature.

Now perhaps if the TEA PARTY is a authentic populist movement, it will, much as the Republican party did to the WHIG Party, eventually replace it.

Perhaps the TEA PARTY folks will be able to liberate themselves from the BLUE BLOODS of the East who mostly control the RNC, and from the BANKSTERS that originally bankrolled their movement from a fledgling group of discontents into a nationwide movement

Of course, that really event does depend on the validity of the narrative that the TEA PARTY is real populist movement.

I have my doubts about that, but who knows? I have absolutely NO DOUBT that most of the TEA PARTY rank and file are REAL enough.

But is the organization they claim as theirs really under their control?

Time will tell.

How about we just hope for things to go well instead of one party killing the economy so the other party can win.

I know silly idea...

Deficit spending been going down since Obama's first year. What are you folks going to do when we get back into the surplus area again, like what happened with Clinton?

did you know clintons' first budget was turned down by his own party it was so massive, just like barry's.
good thing newt gingrich was there to make clitoon look good

be interesting what transpires in the next few weeks. You give clinton credit for a balanced budget but I'm sure youll blame the gop if barry can't reach an agreement.
Interesting paradox you find yurself in.

What are you folks going to do when we get back into the surplus area again, like what happened with Clinton?

I know!

When Clinton took office the debt was 4 Trillion and when he left the debt went DOWN to 5.6 Trillion! :D

Oh wait, are you talking about The Deficit or The National Debt?

When Clinton left the Deficit had a surplus of 256 Billion. Apply that to the 16 Trillion in National Debt we have and it would take how long to pay off the National Debt?

If spending stayed the exactly the same: Approximately 64 years.

Last edited:

did you know clintons' first budget was turned down by his own party it was so massive, just like barry's.

be interesting what transpires in the next few weeks. You give clinton credit for a balanced budget but I'm sure youll blame the gop if barry can't reach an agreement.

If you mean Gingrich screwed the pooch so badly that it made Clinton look good? Yep. I agree.

The Republicans didn't do shit to help Clinton, however or the country.

They shut government down, twice and impeached him. Oh, and they didn't vote for any of his budgets.

If this fucker collapses our economy or turns us into cuba. That may increase the chance of a republican winning in 2016.

Wishful thinking.
No.
The republican party is likely permanently dead. By 2016, the people won't be demanding a more fiscally responsible government but more free stuff and driven to blaming one another for their not having the latest I-Pod. Are the people of Greece demanding a more fiscally responsible government? Of course not. They are in the streets demanding free stuff from Germany.

What are you folks going to do when we get back into the surplus area again, like what happened with Clinton?

I know!

When Clinton took office the debt was 4 Trillion and when he left the debt went DOWN to 5.6 Trillion! :D

Oh wait, are you talking about The Deficit or The National Debt?

When Clinton left the Deficit had a surplus of 256 Billion. Apply that to the 16 Trillion in National Debt we have and it would take how long to pay off the National Debt?

If spending stayed the exactly the same: Approximately 64 years.

You don't start paying down debt, by cutting revenue and introducing more cost.

Like George W. Bush.

Last edited:
teh GOP has some soul-searching to do. Do they want to continue to ally themselves w/ social conservatives like Angle, O'Donnell, Buck, Aiken, & Mourdock or represent their core constituency- the rich? If they break away, they will assure their permanent minority status as a party. Likewise if they don't ;)

Last edited:
As Leno says, he's running out of GOP to blame! I think most logical thinking folks will come to agree he now owns the economy. He screws it up even further than he's done ( no doubt he will ) we'll have the WH back in 2016 and maybe the Senate in 2014. Chin up!:badgrin:

Leno: Obama Running Out of Republicans to Blame

Jay Leno: "President Obama today pardoned the White House turkey, and then the turkey forgave him for the bad economy. So it worked out nice. Thought that was nice."

"As you may have heard, our economy is headed towards what they call a fiscal cliff unless President Obama and Congress can reach some sort of compromise. And President Obama is in a tough spot. Because the Democrats did so well on Election Day, he's running out of Republicans he can blame this on."

There are still plenty of republican vermin to exterminate from Congress.

Maybe democrats will demand free stuff from China!

I'm sure the Chinese would just love to work 16 hour days to support the American welfare state.

If you mean Gingrich screwed the pooch so badly that it made Clinton look good? Yep. I agree.

They shut government down, twice and impeached him. Oh, and they didn't vote for any of his budgets.

You mean government budgeting?

:eusa_eh:

What's that?

:eusa_shifty:

I cannot remember.

What's that?

I cannot remember.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aEvzuA4f0c]WAR Aviation - Shock & Awe Bombing Of Baghdad - Operation Ir - YouTube[/ame]

Brought to you by a US budget.

Proud?

What's that?

I cannot remember.

Brought to you by a US budget.

Proud?

Not if I have to watch all 3.5 minutes of meaningless hyperbole.

My point was that I cannot recall the last time the US government wrote a budget.

Which means during the past 4 years.

Forum List

Back