Why there is NO HOPE for the USA.. "Common Sense" is gone!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
This is what is wrong with the majority of Americans if THIS represents the LACK of common sense!

"I'd pay 20 percent. It's worth it,” one woman said. "I would eat a lot more healthy just to save more money.”

INDIANAPOLIS -- Health experts have been trying to combat obesity in America for years and have recently suggested a new way to solve the growing problem.
A new study suggests that imposing a fat tax on unhealthy food and drinks could help slim down expanding waistlines.
According to reports, more than 60 percent of Americans are overweight. Under the tax, a $4 cheeseburger would cost an extra 80 cents, RTV6's Stacia Matthews reported.

Report: 'Fat Tax' Could Curb Nation's Obesity Problem - Staying Healthy News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Idiots who BECAUSE they would be TAXED higher for FAT foods would EAT more healthy?
NOT because it is "common sense" but because it is the LAW!

This is the same lack of common sense evidenced when I heard an idiot radio personality say she would NOT text and drive if THERE WAS A LAW!!

THERE ARE LAWS PEOPLE... Common SENSE LAWS!!!

What a distressing example of our EDUCATIONAL system that DOESN'T TEACH common sense!
Common sense that DUH YOU don't text while driving... YOU don't everyday eat a double cheeseburger!
Common SENSE is missing folks and there is NO HOPE!!!

What a distressing example of our EDUCATIONAL system that DOESN'T TEACH common sense!
Common sense that DUH YOU don't text while driving... YOU don't everyday eat a double cheeseburger!

If you think the public schools are failing our children, do you support privatizing public education? Or, are you a shithead, HM?

Your law would't work, and would make things worse. But, there's no point in explaining why, to you. Anyone who supports nanny-state laws is too lacking in commonsense to understand the simple reason.

do you support privatizing public education

Hell effing no. You want corporations indoctrinating your kids to be good, dumb little consumers (gotta go after that brand allegiance, early you sheep) MORE than they already are?

I really don't care WHO teaches kids "common sense"! Remember the point of a LAW was to quote protect the law abiding! But with 41,000 NEW laws alone in 2012 on the books..
A) How can ANYONE truly be law abiding practically? I mean I'm breaking a law I'm sure right now!
B) Who enforces the laws? Seriously how can we have a cop on every corner.. camera???

MY whole point was why do we need a law when COMMON SENSE education should be used to show
that
A) eating a fatty cheeseburger EVERY day will make you obese! I mean we have kids all concerned about "Global warming"... from preschool on up! We have TV ads etc. all warning about "global warming" why not the same mentality about common sense!
B) "Texting while driving" IS NOT SAFE.. Common Sense! So why do we need a LAW to tell us if
we have "Common sense" education deeply engrained i.e. "global warming" style evangelistic style
that the LAWS of physics supercede any laws... i.e. you can't brake a car fast enough if you are not watching the road!!!

COMMON SENSE!!! Again.. where the education takes place irrelevant... IT IS THE CONTENT that is important... i.e. practical illustrations of WHY one shouldn't text while driving for example!

Yep. Private enterprise is a much better option. It forces more competition, innovation and cost reductions. just like any other service/industry.

Who get's to decide what is healthy and unhealthy? I followed the FDA approved Food Pyramid and GAINED weight!

I cut out all FDA Approved Wheat, Corn and Dairy along with Sugar and all processed and fried foods and lost 40 lbs!

I quit sodas years ago but didn't lose weight.

Taxing something only gives more money to govt's who will waste it and demand more.

Seatbelts save lives when worn during operation of a motor vehicle.

When wearing a seatbelt became mandatory under the law, seatbelt usage increased.

The law helped encourage 'common sense' and saved thousands of lives.

There is plenty of hope for the United States because there is a God in Heaven and people who serve Him. When we keep the commandments we propser in the land. It's only when we turn from God that we see the difficulties we are now facing. But it wont last long. This people will either repent or a remnant will be protected from what's coming to rebuild this nation stronger than ever.

God isnt done with liberty in the world. He is doing a marvelous work and a wonder for the people to see.

This is what is wrong with the majority of Americans if THIS represents the LACK of common sense!

"I'd pay 20 percent. It's worth it,” one woman said. "I would eat a lot more healthy just to save more money.”

INDIANAPOLIS -- Health experts have been trying to combat obesity in America for years and have recently suggested a new way to solve the growing problem.
A new study suggests that imposing a fat tax on unhealthy food and drinks could help slim down expanding waistlines.
According to reports, more than 60 percent of Americans are overweight. Under the tax, a $4 cheeseburger would cost an extra 80 cents, RTV6's Stacia Matthews reported.

Report: 'Fat Tax' Could Curb Nation's Obesity Problem - Staying Healthy News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Idiots who BECAUSE they would be TAXED higher for FAT foods would EAT more healthy?
NOT because it is "common sense" but because it is the LAW!

This is the same lack of common sense evidenced when I heard an idiot radio personality say she would NOT text and drive if THERE WAS A LAW!!

THERE ARE LAWS PEOPLE... Common SENSE LAWS!!!

A rare thing! I agree with you.
However blame the parents first.
THEY are the ones responsible for teaching morals and common sense to THEIR children, not the school system.

When wearing a seatbelt became mandatory under the law, seatbelt usage increased.

In the last year, fatal car accidents have gone up in Ohio.

Despite the all knowing, all moral gov't passing more laws with regard to seatbelt wearing and no texting while driving.

Despite the all knowing, all moral gov't passing more laws with regard to seatbelt wearing and no texting while driving.

But the law requiring seatbelts wasn't passed last year. it was passed decades ago. That's obviously not the relevant variable in this year's increase in fatalities.

But the law requiring seatbelts wasn't passed last year. it was passed decades ago. That's obviously not the relevant variable in this year's increase in fatalities.

Right wingers just got suicidal over Bachman dropping out.

Just like you can't blindly assume fatalities have gone down solely because of a law being passed.

Just like you can't blindly assume fatalities have gone down solely because of a law being passed.
No, but you can draw one HELL of a tight correlation between the years these laws were passed and the increase in seatbelt usage.

You could chalk it up to dumb luck, but such "dumb luck" repeated itself in every state except NH.

So I should be taxed for eating foods that I need to maintain my weight, if those same foods make sedentary people obese?
Obesity is simple mathematics. Take in more calories than you burn and you will gain weight.
My lunch today consists of a tuna (packed in oil) sandwich on buttered pumpernickel with LOTS of mayo, a 16oz glass of half and half and a pint of Ben and Jerry's.
I'm 5'9" and weigh 136 pounds, exactly what I weighed when I graduated high school in 1967.

No, but you can draw one HELL of a tight correlation between the years these laws were passed and the increase in seatbelt usage.

You could chalk it up to dumb luck, but such "dumb luck" repeated itself in every state except NH.

Do you think more people in 2012 know about the importance of wearing a seatbelt than did in 1962?

Do you think people would know more today even if no laws had been passed?

Forum List

Back