Why the White Working Class Votes for the GOP

Because they share their values and aren't as snooty as Democrats.

Democrats seen as the 'undeserving rich' face rejection by party voters

Interesting article to read toro. Thanks for posting it.

I disagree with them calling the "working class" "white" as many other skin tones hold full time jobs, work hard, and share the same values as the "white working class" does.

It should have just been adressed as "working class" not "white working class" IMO.
I disagree with taking the word of people as to why they do this or that as "research".

It reminds me of a recurring scenario a clinical hypnotist friend of mine confronts from time to time, where the person coming in for help goes into excruciating clinical details as to why their lives are a mess.....To which he asks; "How can you say that for certain?.. According to you, you're fucked up!".

I am white working class and i would never vote for a republican.

Personally, I account white folks voting against themselves economically due to a fairly good brainwashing system, put forward by Newspapers (failing partly due to their right-wing nature, and bad coverage of labor issues), Talk Radio, and the mainstream corporate media.

Like it or not, while the media generally promotes liberal social values, as part of their "liberal media" lie, they are extraordinarily corporatist, and they serve the economic right-wing to the tee.

Also, I live in the reddest state, Alabama, also one of the three poorest states, with highest infant mortality, and more importantly in this issue, perhaps one of the least educated states, and I've always attributed our voting heavily republican with our low levels of education. Education and republican voting are inversely proportional. People who should vote for democrats that will be more helpful by installing a system that will be a little better for the poor, uneducated don't do so because they are stupid.

The argument set out is really funny. The claim is that liberals are aloof and see the rich as better, even though it's the Republicans running around telling us the CEOs are the Übermensch.

I am white working class and i would never vote for a republican.

Personally, I account white folks voting against themselves economically due to a fairly good brainwashing system, put forward by Newspapers (failing partly due to their right-wing nature, and bad coverage of labor issues), Talk Radio, and the mainstream corporate media.
Talk about your condescending elitist assholes!!

Since when did you and your leftist snob squad become the final arbiters of what's in everyone else's best interests??

Most of the white grown ups actually voted for McCain. Almost 6 out of 10 whites over the age of thirty, 58% according to CNN exit polling. In the old days, the people who used to run this nation would have had McCain as President to stop this spending and legislative insanity. Now, it's a runaway freight train, and we'll never see this debt paid off in my life time. This was definitely a better nation under Bush/Cheney, and they sucked.

Last edited:
Because they share their values and aren't as snooty as Democrats.

Democrats seen as the 'undeserving rich' face rejection by party voters

Interesting article to read toro. Thanks for posting it.

I disagree with them calling the "working class" "white" as many other skin tones hold full time jobs, work hard, and share the same values as the "white working class" does.

It should have just been adressed as "working class" not "white working class" IMO.

I'm guessing that in March, you are "white working class". But probably right now, you are "tanned working class".

Which republicans are saying that??

That's been the Republican mantra for years. Where else do you think the cult-like belief in the perfection of markets and hatred of working people comes from?

Soon, the (Christian) White working class of America will become a minority class. That is when they will see the true face of politicians!! How will Republican (Place name here) gain power if the non-white non-Christian working class view him as a Xenophobe? Some one who holds to puritanical concepts that are not reflected in the cultures of non-whites?

Time for Republican (Place name here) to learn some Spanish, embrace rap music, learn tea ceremonies, refrain from eating Beef, and pray three times a day while maintaining strong and steady support for Isreal(without a hint of criticism) if he wish to win.

In other words, Republican (Place name here) will have to imitate a vegetarian Jeb Bush!! That is the direction of the Republican parties politician.

Forum List

Back