Why the US is one of the least democratic countries in the world

Its called disaster capitalism. Working like a charm.

I'm a conspiracy theorist? Yea, and you're all sheep.

The reason the "starve the beast neo-con plan is NOT a conspiracy is because it was done right out in the open for all to see.

They told us their plans, and enough Americans thought it was a grand idea that they gave those guys their votes.

Was this economic meltdown of RE prices unexpected?

Not by me it wasn't.

I'd been bitching that the escalating prices of real estate (in comparison to the feeble increases in average salaries) was bound to blow up sooner or later.

It actually shocked me, however, that the decline in RE would so radically effect the rest of the economy.

I just did not really understand the relationship between Fannie and Freddie and the bond market to foresee that the whole economy was tittering on the brink.

Live and learn.

Had I known what a house of cards it all was, I might have been more willing to sell my house at the top of the market. I figure I've probably lost about $40k in potential profits by not selling two years ago.

OTOH, I'd have then probably lost most of my profits in the market, just like most of America's non-investment class of investors did.

If you were wise enough to sell the house then, you would have also taken your risky 401K and moved it to the lowest risk stuff that pays only 3% interest.

"I bet you are not an Obama supporter? Because he is the Messiah and you aren't happy about the "choices" we get? What a hoot! Its like you are at an Elvis concert and you are saying, "yea, but he's no liberace". Fag. "

wrong
wrong
and wrong

I voted for Obama
He's not even a messiah let alone "the Messiah"
I'm straight, sorry

Ohh and DUMBASS Sealyretard? Why is it that Both Bush's appointed more minorities to appointed high office then ANY Democrat EVER has?

Because it gives the GOP the appearance of being inclusive.

How come none of those blacks can get nominated by Republican voters?

Powell & Rice didn't win any elections yet. Bush lap dogs.

PS. Obama & Clinton appointed just as many minorities.

Michael Steele??? He had to be voted as the leader of the Republican Party. See FL there are a bunch of Cuban American Republicans in the house!

I agree with the basic premise of what you are saying, but would add "western" to world. IOW, in the western world, it's form of democracy (and you, you right-wing moonbats, I know you're a republic - I'm giving democracy the wider meaning here) is one of the weakest. However, it's still better than 150 other countries by a long shot...

Yeah, you re right. I should have said Western World, it would be at the bottom of the democracy standard of the western countries (or at the top of the undemocratic countries, which is why I said that it is one of the least democratic: I exagerated a bit so you could see my point. I like to think of democracy as how much you are able to choose and influence the views of the government).

Last edited:
Eventually you gotta pick one, right? So when the Democrats were all running against each other, we, or at least I, had a lot of picks to choose from. Hillary, Edwards, Obama, Kucenich, Biden & Richardson.

And I had green and libertarian candidates to pick from. I just didn't like any of them. Where was Jesse the Mind Ventura?

And I had at least 10 assholes to pick from out of the GOP.

Lots of choices. You're just sore cause your guy/gal lost. :lol:

No not really, I actually favor Obama for a lot of issues (not all issues). It is true that you could pick from a lot of people within the democratic/republican party, but they were elected within 1 ideology. The US basically has only 2 ideologies (represented by the 2 party candidates), which leave only little room to actually choose an something that is closest to your own views. Let s say that I m an independent and have my own views, a my views are split over 2 parties where I have to choose the party that corresponds with most of my views. If you had 6 parties you d be more likely to find a party that corresponds more with your own views (you re able to find more things you agree on in 1 party because you re able to choose from more parties), another advantage is that parties become less radical (because the interaction between only 2 parties often radicalizes both parties)

Last edited:
There is no human event more democratic than a lynch mob.

Can you tell me the last time a conservative group protested something and a bunch of liberal cops sicked their dogs on the crowd? :lol:

You are a hopeless partisan, Sealy.

Do you really think that my comment was about liberal and conservatives?

You see the world through the lenses of your political prejudices.

I don't.

I remember the arrogance and foolishness when the so called liberals controlled this nation. Apparently you don't.

Remember Viet Nam? That was a liberal's war, fella. Who mostly fought it?

Poor White and Blacks. The scions of the liberal establishment and the scions of the conservative establishment got cushy assignments in those rare cases when they served at all, and of course most of them didn't serve.

The sooner you realize there isn't a dimes worth of difference between the masters who call themselves liberals and the masters who call themsevles conservatives, the sooner you'll stop being their tool.

Forum List

Back