Why the Tax compromise might actually be beneficial.

No, the goddamned politicians are.

The bastards who created the federal Reserve Board in order to create an "elastic currency" are responsible.

FDR, the creator of the welfare state , is responsible.

The motherfuckers are always looking for ways to increase their power and influence.

Well then, if you're not legally responsible for the cost of government, why do you pay your taxes in the first place?

Why are you handing them 'your' money, if they've no legal right to collect taxes from you?

For the same reasons people give their property to any common criminal.

You thus believe the Constitution is a criminal enterprise.

Well then, if you're not legally responsible for the cost of government, why do you pay your taxes in the first place?

Why are you handing them 'your' money, if they've no legal right to collect taxes from you?

For the same reasons people give their property to any common criminal.

You thus believe the Constitution is a criminal enterprise.

The US Constitution (1787) is not.

The Welfare/Warfare State Constitution (1935) IS.

I just ignore her...TM is spoon-fed her opinions.

Sallow OTOH is pretty savvy...I don't agree with him/her, but his/her opinion does show that he/she has at least examined the party line before adopting it.

Are you a he or a she Sallow, not that it's important, but it does save time typing pronouns.

I am a "he".

Well..

A big ugly looking hairy..he..
:lol:

Thanks for the compliment..I think..

And I do like your posts as well. You don't get personal or mad. Seem to be very cool headed.

Grats.

And you live in NYC.

hmm

Big hairy New Yorker.

(guido :eusa_whistle:)

:lol:

My girlfriend just got on me about parting my hair in the middle and wearing it short.

Like a quido..

When the the Tax compromise got through congress, I was pretty much angry at President Obama for what I saw as a capitulation to the Republicans. Really? We didn't notice. That assessment may have been somewhat wrong, considering all the progress of the lame duck session. Personally, I really think a good deal of horse trading went on, beyond what was in the compromise. Ya think? President Obama managed to get most of his agenda through the legislature.

While watching Krugman last night, I was thinking, damn..that guy doesn't see an upshot to anything lately. He's mostly right about financial matters but there is a glimmer of hope here. And this is why..

Consider:
- For 8 years during the Bush administration, the Tax cuts for the wealthy were touted as an "incentive" for "wealth producers" to generate jobs. They did anything but. Worked for 6 years. I wonder what changed? However, this time around, they actually lobbied pretty hard to retain the Tax cuts. And they are hard pressed to demonstrate that Tax cuts work. If in 2 years..no jobs have been created as a result of this..those cuts are definitely history. True, it's put up or shut time.
-President Obama met with many business leaders prior and after the compromise. I am pretty sure there was arm twisting going on both ways. Actually there was a lot of head rubbing, as the Biz leaders had to explain everything. :eusa_whistle:
-There are many factors that make a new economic boom ripe to happen. Labor in the United States is pretty cheap, Since when?considering that they are of a better quality then almost all industrialized nations and the quality of American goods and services are still superior to almost all parts of the world. You got that part right *power flexes*

While there are still lots of unknowns and uncertainties..there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully..it's not an oncoming train. :lol:

I think if Obama pulls a clinton, w/o pulling out clinton, he could get re-elected. Much of our greatest prosperity happened with a dem in the WH with reps running Congress.

If he doesn't, the reps win, and he's gone. It's far easier to pick off a leader than it is a person in a crowd.
I pity whoever replaces him. The right has talked a LOT of trash, and the TEA won't be patient, they will expect immediate results. (assuming it doesn't peater out)

With a few exceptions..I think most of this is right. But I also think the President has positioned himself to be re-elected whether or not the economy makes a comeback.

I've said it before..this move definitely made him a great deal more bulletproof while screwing up the Democrats.

The US Constitution (1787) is not.

The Welfare/Warfare State Constitution (1935) IS.

Sucks for you then doesn't it? Get the fuck out of our country then.

No, no while I have a right to bear arms.

Anyway , the ones that do not belong here are the parasites and the fascists, such as yourself.

lol, one post ago the Constitution was a criminal enterprise, now you're touting it for the rights it gives you.

which is it, Ambrose?

Anyway , the ones that do not belong here are the parasites and the fascists, such as yourself.

lol, one post ago the Constitution was a criminal enterprise, now you're touting it for the rights it gives you.

which is it, Ambrose?

Well there are some that think the Constitution is like a Chinese menu.

Number 2 from column A and a side of number 47.:lol:

which is it, Ambrose?

The Constitution (1787) secures my rights.

The Welfare/Warfare State Constitution (1935) gives you and your ilk rights.

which is it, Ambrose?

Well there are some that think the Constitution is like a Chinese menu.

Number 2 from column A and a side of number 47.:lol:

Well , the fascists believe that Karl Marx was a Founding Father.

Forum List

Back