Why the stock market goes down

if you think this country won't survive then pack up and move the hell out.

Does being concerned about the continuing viability of this nation mean that we don't love it? I am fearful that we cannot survive the way things are going. I am prayerful that we will. Only God knows how long our good credit can hold out.

Immie

I think worrying about the spending this country is doing is very concerning, beginning with ALL OF THE MONEY wall street has siphoned off of us...and it hasn't even begin to stop...AIG alone has gotten $150 billion and they just came to the obama administration for $30 billion more and again, no end in sight....

What the hell?

this company deals with alot of overseas businesses...and we are bailing them out because they are too big?

And who LET THEM GET THIS BIG? I thought we had controls over things that are BIG like that....?

Spending over our heads, is what is behind alot of this...from pooer people, to the middle class taking out second mortgages to pay for the kid's college, healthcare, or a new car, gucci loafers. and a new Rolex, to the banks and financial institutions lending out more than they should have to anyone under the sun etc etc etc.....

ALL OVERSPENDING....spending beyond our means...

the concept of the government spending to jump start the economy makes sense to me, because every one else has clammed up and retreated in to their shells at this point....

But bailing out the banks and financial institutions? TO THIS DEGREE....probably 9 trillion already, behind the scenes....and when all added up...?

I just do not see how all of this spending and bailouts will really help us....unless really focussed on specific things...like keeping the housing market steady and not in a freefall...

I have a sinking feeling, i read somewhere this is a $60 TRILLION dollar problem....without a recession hitting...which only will make it worse....our gvt can't possibly make a dent in something like that without bleeding us dry...?

I don't know what is right anymore....i don't think anyone can fix it by waving a wand of borrowed dollars....i think we need to spend on what is needed and not pull back on those things, but anything extra, needs to be cut out of the budget and the stimulus if it is not needed in the long run for the betterment of all.

I do think the republicans screaming gloom and doom and blaming Obama for it, are hurting the confidence of this Country that makes things worse for all of us in the long run though...

and sadly, I do think they seem to want the financial disaster, thoseRepublicans in power...in office...otherwise they would not be whining so much against Obama and come up with a Solid Plan themselves and present such to the Public....instead they are just using the opportunity to bash Obama AND to bring Obama down instead of giving us an alternative solution that truly makes sense.

I saw this happen only visa versa during the Bush Administration with the Dems, after president Bush went in to Iraq....and announce winning in May of that year on a carrier...from that point on, all bashing on the part of many Dems....

But this crisis we are in, is bigger than all of us, bigger than our government as well....

care

the concept of the government spending to jump start the economy makes sense to me, because every one else has clammed up and retreated in to their shells at this point....

Spending the money in order to jump start the economy might work. However, there is a limit to our ability to spend. Where that limit is, I do not know. We don't want to hit that limit. The government has to learn to cut spending especially pork barrel spending. Everyone has their special projects and no one is willing to cut anything at all.

Tax revenues have to go up too. Either through a tax cut that will stimulate consumers to spend more or by raising taxes. Two different schools of thought on the issue that no one will agree on. One way or another tax revenue needs to go up and/or spending go down.

I do think the republicans screaming gloom and doom and blaming Obama for it, are hurting the confidence of this Country that makes things worse for all of us in the long run though...

It is almost like a self-fulfilling prophesy. They keep screaming and everyone panics and starts thinking about hording their cash and everything snowballs.

I agree with you.

and sadly, I do think they seem to want the financial disaster, thoseRepublicans in power...in office...otherwise they would not be whining so much against Obama and come up with a Solid Plan themselves and present such to the Public....instead they are just using the opportunity to bash Obama AND to bring Obama down instead of giving us an alternative solution that truly makes sense.

And Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and the gang are right there to assist them in accomplishing the task.

Does being concerned about the continuing viability of this nation mean that we don't love it? I am fearful that we cannot survive the way things are going. I am prayerful that we will. Only God knows how long our good credit can hold out.

Immie

seriously--you think God cares about our credit ?

Immie

seriously--you think God cares about our credit ?

Of course he does, he cares about all of us... just ask any Christian professional athlete, even college athletes, they all thank God for their wins because God's on their team. As if God really cares who wins the championship!

Seriously though, I didn't say he cares, I said he knows how long it will last.

Immie

Spending the money in order to jump start the economy might work. However, there is a limit to our ability to spend. Where that limit is, I do not know. We don't want to hit that limit. The government has to learn to cut spending especially pork barrel spending. Everyone has their special projects and no one is willing to cut anything at all.

Tax revenues have to go up too. Either through a tax cut that will stimulate consumers to spend more or by raising taxes. Two different schools of thought on the issue that no one will agree on. One way or another tax revenue needs to go up and/or spending go down.

It is almost like a self-fulfilling prophesy. They keep screaming and everyone panics and starts thinking about hording their cash and everything snowballs.

I agree with you.

And Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and the gang are right there to assist them in accomplishing the task.

HOW unusual!

SEEMS like we are on the same page...? :lol::lol::lol:

the sea has parted, the sky has opened.....a true political miracle, at hand!!!!!!

Care

Hi Status:

Most people I don't think really understand that the fundamental reason why or how the market goes down is this: BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE ARE BUYING THE FREAKIN STOCKS!!!!

The stock market is going ‘down,’ because the Markets have been wired for Implosion by the owners of the FED (third chapter) and the U.S. Treasury Department under Paulson and Bernanke beginning September 18, 2008 of last year (story). The markets will IMPLODE no matter what anybody does now, because that is what the New World Order cronies have been planning since before many among us were even born. The real question is:

Why does the stock market go up? :0)

All of the professing ‘expert’ economists you see on the TV every day stand in front of the cameras and pretend this current Economic Implosion is part of a normal reoccurring ‘up-and-down’ cycle, when in reality the coming Market IMPLOSION is actually resulting from a carefully orchestrated PLAN. The markets are definitely on their way DOWN, because the fundamentals of the real U.S. Economy are BROKEN and they have been BROKEN for some time by far too much Outsourcing of JOBS and far too many Foreign Nationals (legal and illegal) ‘displacing’ too many U.S. consumers/workers from JOBS. The ‘American Consumer Base’ is being systematically destroyed along with the American Middle Class, which is the reason that home prices will continue going DOWN; because in reality there is NO housing bottom at all. NONE. This means that nobody is taking money ‘out’ of the stock markets to put into the failed Real Estate Market ‘and’ fewer investment options cause investors to return to the ailing stock market that should indeed be going DOWN along with the sagging Housing Market. The only reason that stock prices go up on some of these spring days (like today) is because the LIARS on the Television ‘talk up’ the markets and day traders are buying into that STUPIDITY. Therefore, trading stocks today has nothing to do with the broken fundamentals, but with how well these LIES are being digested by deluded traders throwing money after absolute stupidity.

Who are the people buying stocks that others want to unload? They are people who plan on making a killing when the market goes up as it surely will ----- eventually!!!!!

Not this time. :0) Yes. We will see bear market rallies creating bumps on the graphs and charts (like this) that will eventually go DOWN, but they have nothing to do with improving ‘fundamentals’ related to the stock markets or the housing markets or anything beyond LIARS talking up the market. The deathblow to the stock market will become a reality when the provisions of the TARP 2 plan (story) are carried out. The stock market would have imploded already, but the banks refused to implement the first TARP plan (story); which would have been like putting a gun to their heads and pulling the trigger.

Think about this very carefully: If the banks take newly-printed FED dollars and buy up troubled assets (toxic assets) in bad mortgages where people are underwater and have walked away, then the banks would be putting all of these distressed houses back onto the open market; which would drive down the prices of ALL the houses in the neighborhood. In that case, the banks are lowering the value of their combined mortgage-backed securities portfolios ‘and’ the value of these refinanced houses WILL CONTINUE TO GO DOWN ‘and again’ drag down the property values of ALL the houses in the neighborhood.

Remember that the USA is still seeing just about 10,000 foreclosures EVERY DAY (story), even if some of those foreclosures are being pushed back ‘and’ will only make things far worse later down the road this summer and fall. There is no way to stop the slide in house values in an environment of escalating unemployment and far too many distressed houses entering the markets EVERY DAY. Eventually the banks ‘will’ implement some form of the TARP plan and the bottom will literally fall out of the housing markets and send the USA into the Second Great Depression.

If anybody really thinks that the stock market can go ‘up’ on the ‘fundamentals’ in this Imploding U.S. Economy, then go ahead and join the idiots pushing up stock prices right now; because every point the markets go up is just another point that the market will eventually pass on the way DOWN at the future Market Implosion . . .

Watch and see,

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Hi Status:

Most people I don't think really understand that the fundamental reason why or how the market goes down is this: BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE ARE BUYING THE FREAKIN STOCKS!!!!

The stock market is going ‘down,’ because the Markets have been wired for Implosion by the owners of the FED (third chapter) and the U.S. Treasury Department under Paulson and Bernanke beginning September 18, 2008 of last year (story). The markets will IMPLODE no matter what anybody does now, because that is what the New World Order cronies have been planning since before many among us were even born. The real question is:

All of the professing ‘expert’ economists you see on the TV every day stand in front of the cameras and pretend this current Economic Implosion is part of a normal reoccurring ‘up-and-down’ cycle, when in reality the coming Market IMPLOSION is actually resulting from a carefully orchestrated PLAN. The markets are definitely on their way DOWN, because the fundamentals of the real U.S. Economy are BROKEN and they have been BROKEN for some time by far too much Outsourcing of JOBS and far too many Foreign Nationals (legal and illegal) ‘displacing’ too many U.S. consumers/workers from JOBS. The ‘American Consumer Base’ is being systematically destroyed along with the American Middle Class, which is the reason that home prices will continue going DOWN; because in reality there is NO housing bottom at all. NONE. This means that nobody is taking money ‘out’ of the stock markets to put into the failed Real Estate Market ‘and’ fewer investment options cause investors to return to the ailing stock market that should indeed be going DOWN along with the sagging Housing Market. The only reason that stock prices go up on some of these spring days (like today) is because the LIARS on the Television ‘talk up’ the markets and day traders are buying into that STUPIDITY. Therefore, trading stocks today has nothing to do with the broken fundamentals, but with how well these LIES are being digested by deluded traders throwing money after absolute stupidity.

Who are the people buying stocks that others want to unload? They are people who plan on making a killing when the market goes up as it surely will ----- eventually!!!!!

Not this time. :0) Yes. We will see bear market rallies creating bumps on the graphs and charts (like this) that will eventually go DOWN, but they have nothing to do with improving ‘fundamentals’ related to the stock markets or the housing markets or anything beyond LIARS talking up the market. The deathblow to the stock market will become a reality when the provisions of the TARP 2 plan (story) are carried out. The stock market would have imploded already, but the banks refused to implement the first TARP plan (story); which would have been like putting a gun to their heads and pulling the trigger.

Think about this very carefully: If the banks take newly-printed FED dollars and buy up troubled assets (toxic assets) in bad mortgages where people are underwater and have walked away, then the banks would be putting all of these distressed houses back onto the open market; which would drive down the prices of ALL the houses in the neighborhood. In that case, the banks are lowering the value of their combined mortgage-backed securities portfolios ‘and’ the value of these refinanced houses WILL CONTINUE TO GO DOWN ‘and again’ drag down the property values of ALL the houses in the neighborhood.

Remember that the USA is still seeing just about 10,000 foreclosures EVERY DAY (story), even if some of those foreclosures are being pushed back ‘and’ will only make things far worse later down the road this summer and fall. There is no way to stop the slide in house values in an environment of escalating unemployment and far too many distressed houses entering the markets EVERY DAY. Eventually the banks ‘will’ implement some form of the TARP plan and the bottom will literally fall out of the housing markets and send the USA into the Second Great Depression.

If anybody really thinks that the stock market can go ‘up’ on the ‘fundamentals’ in this Imploding U.S. Economy, then go ahead and join the idiots pushing up stock prices right now; because every point the markets go up is just another point that the market will eventually pass on the way DOWN at the future Market Implosion . . .

Watch and see,

GL,

Terral

What a relief it was to read the above, Terral.

I underestimated your ability to think logically, likely because of your previous posts about religion.

I really must try NOT to jump to conclusions about people based on one aspect of their belief systems.

Nice post.

Hi Status:

Watch and see,

GL,

Terral

I underestimated your ability to think logically, likely because of your previous posts about religion.

I really must try NOT to jump to conclusions about people based on one aspect of their belief systems.

Nice post.

No its not. Its ridiculous.

I was heavily shorting stocks for two years before covering in October. And though I think we may go lower after this bounce since there are still serious problems in the economy, to say that this was somehow deliberately orchestrated by anyone is absolutely silly.

Hi Status:

Watch and see,

GL,

Terral

Nice post.

No its not. Its ridiculous.

I was heavily shorting stocks for two years before covering in October. And though I think we may go lower after this bounce since there are still serious problems in the economy, to say that this was somehow deliberately orchestrated by anyone is absolutely silly.

this guy is conspiracy theory idiot

Forum List

Back