Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
20070916pd2testfans_500.jpg

heinz_fans_40519.jpg

sb24.jpg

8313.jpg

09_Fan_Photo_troops_103422.JPG

The entire community goes ape-shit nuts for football and particularly for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I've had I don't know how many out-of-town visitors come here for the first time and stand like an Amish guy in a Best Buy; jaws dropped in amazement at the breadth and depth of the Steeler fan loyalty. Folks paint their houses black and gold. Folks get married in Steeler themed weddings, baby's first outfit is a Steelers jersey, tombstones are adorned with the Steelers logo.

The tradition, the pride, the joy this team brings to this region are unparalleled in this nation. No other fan base can call themselves "Nation" like the Steeler Nation.

After the disaster of NAFTA and the closing of America's most strategic resource (steel production), the Pittsburgh diaspora began. Pittsburghers raised on Franco's Italian Army and the Steel Curtain defense went seeking fortune all around the country. But they never abandoned their Pittsburgh roots and Steeler heritage. Now they live all over flying Black and Gold flags outside their homes and twirling Terrible Towels on Sunday afternoons.

And here we go to our eighth Super Bowl. The quest: securing the Magnificent Seven: the seventh Lombardi trophy for the Great Hall at Heinz Field.

God speed, Pittsburgh Steelers! Play fair and beat the Pack!

Last edited:
This is where jealousy sets in... I was born and raised an Eagles fan, love the team but hate most other Eagles fans. I'll admit they can be the nastiest when hosting a game. Since I Hate the (fudge)Packers almost passionately, ex-wife's fav team(nuff said), I'll jump on the bandwagon this one time. Go Steelers!!!

There is someone very near and dear to my heart who has lived his entire life just outside of Pittsburgh. A Steelers fan since he was a child.

The Steelers did what I needed them so desperately to do. They stopped the New York Jets from advancing to the Superbowl.

For these two reasons alone, I will be rooting for the Steelers during the Superbowl.

This is where jealousy sets in... I was born and raised an Eagles fan, love the team but hate most other Eagles fans. I'll admit they can be the nastiest when hosting a game. Since I Hate the (fudge)Packers almost passionately, ex-wife's fav team(nuff said), I'll jump on the bandwagon this one time. Go Steelers!!!
Philly is a whole 'nuther kettle of fish. I understand that at old Veteran's Stadium, the Philadelphia police had jail cells and a court room.

I remember some moron in Philly setting off a flare (the kind you signal ship with, not the kind you put out while changing a tire) across the diameter of the stadium during one game.

no offense NM but you have not told us WHY, The Steelers mean so much to Pittsburgh..:eusa_eh:
Here's where that reading stuff finally pays off. From the OP:
The tradition, the pride, the joy this team brings to this region are unparalleled in this nation. No other fan base can call themselves "Nation" like the Steeler Nation.

After the disaster of NAFTA and the closing of America's most strategic resource (steel production), the Pittsburgh diaspora began. Pittsburghers raised on Franco's Italian Army and the Steel Curtain defense went seeking fortune all around the country. But they never abandoned their Pittsburgh roots and Steeler heritage. Now they live all over flying Black and Gold flags outside their homes and twirling Terrible Towels on Sunday afternoons.

There are Pittsburghers everywhere. The Steelers are the catylist. If there is a Steeler fan around you now (and there probably is) ask him/her why the Steelers mean so much. They will most likely tell you because the Steelers mean 'home'.

Why The Steelers mean so much to Pittsburgh

Because there is nothing else in Pittsburgh worth living for.
Spoken like a person who has never been to Pittsburgh. Come here and see for yourself. There must be a reason Pittsburgh is consistently mentioned as one of America's most livable cities.

I'm not surprised the Pittsburgh is one of America's most leaveable cities.

In all seriousness, my brother is moving to the burgh as we speak, and I look forward to visiting him in the summer.

I would like to offer an opposing view.

Why The Steelers mean so much to Pittsburgh?

Because their team leader and QB is a rapist. Because everybody knows the reffs gave them the Superbowl in Detroit. AND because these stupid fans celebrate one of the biggest missed calls in NFL history like they actually DID SOMETHING. Piss on Pittsburg.

I fucking HATE your team.

And piss on your old washed up punk ass Bradshaw.. The only thing he ever did right was his appearance in that stunt man movie with Burt Reynolds.

Now go get your asses handed to you by a real team...The Packers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would like to offer an opposing view.

Why The Steelers mean so much to Pittsburgh?

Because their team leader and QB is a rapist. Because everybody knows the reffs gave them the Superbowl in Detroit. AND because these stupid fans celebrate one of the biggest missed calls in NFL history like they actually DID SOMETHING. Piss on Pittsburg.

I fucking HATE your team.

And piss on your old washed up punk ass Bradshaw.. The only thing he ever did right was his appearance in that stunt man movie with Burt Reynolds.

Now go get your asses handed to you by a real team...The Packers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's nice. nap time now. shhhh.

The Steelers win. Refs? Bad calls? sure! it happens all the time. And teams like the Browns and the Lions and the Jaguars never ever show up in Super Bowls because they lose. Losers often blame factors like bad calls. Winners celebrate.

Because there is nothing else in Pittsburgh worth living for.
Spoken like a person who has never been to Pittsburgh. Come here and see for yourself. There must be a reason Pittsburgh is consistently mentioned as one of America's most livable cities.

In all seriousness, my brother is moving to the burgh as we speak, and I look forward to visiting him in the summer.
Just ask him to take you into town via the Fort Pitt Tunnels! Ask him to take you to the Strip District on a Saturday morning. Ask him to take you to Kennywood! The zoo! Phipps Conservatory and the Andy Warhol museum! Ask him to take you partying on the South Side and then out to Oakland. Get a Primanti Bros. sammich! Go to the National Aviary and the Carnegie Science Center.

You'll have a great time in the 'Burgh! If he's just moving here, chances are he doesn't know his way around town too well. Pittsburgh is a confusing place and the topography makes for interesting directions. Hills, rivers, tunnels and bridges all combine to confuse the snot out of out-of-towners. PM me before your visit and I'll square you away.

I'm happy any time a team that isn't the Atlanta fucking Falcons or the Dallas fucking Cowboys wins anything in the NFL.

But I'm sick and tired of the Steelers and the Packers.

The Packers D will prove too much for the Steelers, and the Steelers will have to wait for #7.

Final score:

3-0, Green Bay.

Maybe 2-0?

Just ask him to take you into town via the Fort Pitt Tunnels! Ask him to take you to the Strip District on a Saturday morning. Ask him to take you to Kennywood! The zoo! Phipps Conservatory and the Andy Warhol museum! Ask him to take you partying on the South Side and then out to Oakland. Get a Primanti Bros. sammich! Go to the National Aviary and the Carnegie Science Center.

You'll have a great time in the 'Burgh! If he's just moving here, chances are he doesn't know his way around town too well. Pittsburgh is a confusing place and the topography makes for interesting directions. Hills, rivers, tunnels and bridges all combine to confuse the snot out of out-of-towners. PM me before your visit and I'll square you away.

Outstanding job of promoting the "Burg". You left out the view from Mt. Washington or the Le Mont. Man, it's just a shame you side with the libs!!!!

I like the Penguins.

TO me, they're more "Pittsburgh" than the Steelers.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHnJp0oyOxs&ob=av3el[/ame]

Forum List

Back