Why the 'showiest' males have the smallest testicles

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
12091640-6906809-image-a-30_1554890817556.jpg

Where does the DailyMail come up with this stuff? It’s more hilarious than the National Inquirer.

Primates including humans only have enough energy to grow big testes OR an impressive beard or mane, study claims

Male primates face stiff competition as they they try and attract potential mates

Researchers studied testicle size and looks of 100 species - including humans

They believe primates only have the energy to develop one or the other

Range in size from a peppercorn to a tennis ball's diameter depending on animal

The Aussies really don’t have anything better to conduct research on?

More @ Why males with beards and long hair have the smallest testicles | Daily Mail Online

Does that mean that if I keep my hair cut short and my face shaven that my balls will grow bigger?

Where does the DailyMail come up with this stuff? It’s more hilarious than the National Inquirer.

Primates including humans only have enough energy to grow big testes OR an impressive beard or mane, study claims

Male primates face stiff competition as they they try and attract potential mates

More @ Why males with beards and long hair have the smallest testicles | Daily Mail Online

Actually, it's probably true that if you already have small testicles and a small penis, you put your hair up into a man bun like that.

Well, I'm a bit over average size, maybe that is because I kept my hair short all my life. And, when I decided to grow a ponytail after I retired from the military, there was zero shrinkage.

Yanno.................I remember hearing the old men joke about their balls hanging lower as they got older, and just thought that they were messing around.

Now that I'm in my mid 50's? I see that they were serious.

Can I ask how you performed the research to come to this hypothesis?

Actually, it was researchers in Australia that compiled the data. You might wanna ask them.

From the link..........................

The finding comes from a study that looked at testicle size of more than 100 primate species and found gonads vary dramatically depending on the animals.

Animals with the smallest testicles had gonads the size of peppercorns while the largest were comparable to that of a tennis ball.

Researchers explain that poorly endowed males commit all their energy into attracting mates using beards and long hair and have none left to invest in their genitalia.

Researchers chose to study primate testicle size as it varies so widely in different populations.

Researchers explain that poorly endowed males commit all their energy into attracting mates using beards and long hair and have none left to invest in their genitalia.

A. Do animals grow long hair and beards?

B. Can excess metabolic energy be diverted into gonadinal hypertrophy?

Actually, it's probably true that if you already have small testicles and a small penis, you put your hair up into a man bun like that.
Definitely have tiny hands.....and I find the bigger the watch...well, think inverse relationship.

Actually, it was researchers in Australia that compiled the data. You might wanna ask them.

From the link..........................

The finding comes from a study that looked at testicle size of more than 100 primate species and found gonads vary dramatically depending on the animals.

Animals with the smallest testicles had gonads the size of peppercorns while the largest were comparable to that of a tennis ball.

Researchers chose to study primate testicle size as it varies so widely in different populations.

That is not the way evolution works.