Why the selective outrage?

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
Why all of a sudden is the treatment of Iraqi Criminals, Insurgents and Terrorists being treated like its the holocaust or to an even lesser extent, it being treated like its worse than when our INNOCENT civilian contractors were murdered and drug through the streets?

Where were Democrats outrage for those people and demanding apologies from those people that committed those crimes, some of which might have even been held at the same prison in question?

Why was that just a blip on TV just like the fact that there is ANOTHER American hostage that has been taken today and the Prison thing still gets top flight news coverage?

I find it funny that the only reason we even know about the prison situation is because Military Police Officials have released the information available from an ONGOING INVESTIGATION on the incident for a few months now. We punish our own when they act badly. Why is that not being portrayed in the media? Why are we being treated as if we just committed the holocaust and yet People that have committed crimes against our soldiers are being martyred by OUR OWN MEDIA?!

This double standard from the left sickens me to no end. We can do nothing right and our wrongs are the worst wrongs in the History of mankind when we have an honest Republican in the white house. Yet when we have a degenrate Democrat in the White house, bombing evil aspirin factories and killing civilians caught in the way in Iraq is the right thing to do.

Maybe some of you liberals can explain this to me? Im in the mood for a good laugh.

did you get this from rush or hannity? I think I heard it on both but not sure.

anyway, to answer some of your questions,

Why all of a sudden is the treatment of Iraqi Criminals, Insurgents and Terrorists being treated like its the holocaust or to an even lesser extent, it being treated like its worse than when our INNOCENT civilian contractors were murdered and drug through the streets?

1. they're not all criminals, insurgents, or terrorists. there was never a trial for these people. these are detainees and PoW's, some who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time (granted a small percentage). There is a very strict code with POW's, one we violated at the onset of the war and then had to backstep because we accused the iraqis of the same.

2. There is outrage about the contractors, the problem is we didn't go after the savages that did this to the contractors, we holed them up in a little part of town and then let the iraqis step in instead of slaughtering them all on the spot.

I'm not demanding an apology from the criminals that drug the american bodies through the streets, I just want them killed. I wouldn't accept the apology anyway.

We punish our own when they act badly. Why is that not being portrayed in the media?

A soldier who killed a prisoner with a rock was punished with a courtmartial, reduction in rank, and a bad conduct discharge. That has serious repercussions because it tells the iraqis that we'll only slap the wrists of their killers and it lets any of our military know that if they want out badly enough, kill a prisoner and you'll get your discharge with no prison time.

This double standard from the left sickens me to no end. We can do nothing right and our wrongs are the worst wrongs in the History of mankind when we have an honest Republican in the white house. Yet when we have a degenrate Democrat in the White house, bombing evil aspirin factories and killing civilians caught in the way in Iraq is the right thing to do.

both sides have double standards when it suits them, don't leave the republicans out. Just today, in fact, a democrat senator criticized the piss poor planning of the pentagon and the oversight that allowed these abuses to happen, next thing I know I have to listen to Tom Delay rattle on about demoralizing the troops and politicizing the war. Why can't the administration accept that they made mistakes?

Im not saying that this war has gone according to plan or that the plan was sound. I agree that we should have done the dirty work in Falugah and that we are worrying too much about public opinion.

Why is public opinion an issue though? Because when you have the media and Leading Democrats screaming everyday that the War is a failure and call Bush a liar on a regular basis, they embolden the enemy. This isnt a new thing either. I remember someone providing a link recently that showed the former General of the Viet Cong thanking the Anti-War movement in America because they played a big part in their victory over our soldiers. This is going on now as well.

Don't you think that maybe, just maybe, if all these critics of the War had not been so vehomently against Bush on a daily basis that maybe the enemy wouldnt have kept fighting for as long as they have?

When Kennedy makes a speech, its rebroadcast over and over on Al Jazeera and Al Arabia to further show that America is divided and can be driven away if they keeping demoralizing us like in Vietnam. They've seen that if we are demoralized we run from examples like Vietnam and Somalia. They are winning the propaganda war because our Media and our Democratic leaders are helping them.

To answer your final question about admitting mistakes. Bush knows he has made mistakes. He also knows that any admission of these would not be seen as remorse but as failure and weakness. All of his enemies would pounce on him for his admission. Why do you think the democrats have been pressing so hard to get him to admit mistakes and force him to make an apology? So they can get some actually sound bites to attack him with other than the tired lies they've been using. Terrorsist and Islamic extremists will use this as to show that he is weak and will bolster their confidence against America.

while I understand how it angers people that those who are anti-war or protest, even those who just plain hate bush, 'embolden the enemy', it is indeed their guaranteed freedom and liberty to exercise their right to protest, right or wrong. Using the argument of protesting emboldening the enemy is nothing more than an attempt to silence that first amendment right by intimidation. It also furthers the radicals cause by accomplishing the infringement of our rights by our own populace.

Admitting mistakes and acknowledging the faults, when done in the right way, can be more damaging to the enemy than one thinks. It's not easy to do, especially with the volatile political atmosphere we have now. By not admitting to faults or mistakes he also furthers the enemies cause by showing himself as arrogant and egotistical.

double-edged swords suck, especially when we're the ones that wield it the most.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
while I understand how it angers people that those who are anti-war or protest, even those who just plain hate bush, 'embolden the enemy', it is indeed their guaranteed freedom and liberty to exercise their right to protest, right or wrong. Using the argument of protesting emboldening the enemy is nothing more than an attempt to silence that first amendment right by intimidation. It also furthers the radicals cause by accomplishing the infringement of our rights by our own populace.

Admitting mistakes and acknowledging the faults, when done in the right way, can be more damaging to the enemy than one thinks. It's not easy to do, especially with the volatile political atmosphere we have now. By not admitting to faults or mistakes he also furthers the enemies cause by showing himself as arrogant and egotistical.

double-edged swords suck, especially when we're the ones that wield it the most.

Thats basically what im saying. If he admits mistakes, he be labled a failure. If he doesnt, he be labeled as hiding something or being narrowminded. He's damned if does and damned if he doesnt.

I was thinking about a lot of this today too,insein. I saw a couple Fox news alerts about this new hostage and haven't heard much since. Kind of disgusts me. What about the soldier from Batavia,Ohio that is being held hostage? He was a soldier and I haven't heard a thing about him today. I guess we can thank our good ol Media. They decide what we see and hear. This is how they attempt to run America. They only put on what they want people to see. What happened to those men that were hung from the bridge was important for a minute,but now they get to rake Bush through the coals,that is much more fun!

:rolleyes: :mad:

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Hold the phone! DK are you listening to both Limbaugh and Hannity?

surprise, surprise. Yes, I do listen to rush and hannity every afternoon on the internet stream on my laptop at work. I find Hannity alot smarter and more worth listening to than limbaugh though.

What happened was bad. But the left magnifies our errors our of all proportion and minimizes the atrocites on the other side. That's indisputable, and that's what's sickening.

Forum List

Back