Why The Rich Are Getting Richer

...our left spied for Stalin.
That faithless disregard for law is a serious problem with the left, as in '39 when the French left spied for Hitler. While today we know the OWS cr@ps on the American flag, the really bad stuff they're doing are things we don't yet know about...

Well, there was certainly no mental effort involved in your post...
You're right, please let me up my effort a bit and say there's no way I'd ever want to offend you because I'm fully aware that you're a decent person and not a Marxist.

We both know that a manager works hard and that most owners are managers who are not simply (as Marx would say) exploiting the workers. The thing is that there are non-managing owners who also do difficult work such as raising cash for funding company expansion and operation. Most don't get a salary, but they've still got to be rewarded somehow or else nobody gets paid.

I don't know that most owners are also managers. I'm both an owner and a manager, because I'm self-employed. Certainly if you're including everyone like me, then it's true. But if you're talking about the richest of the rich - the one percent of the one percent - mostly they hire other people to do their managing for them. After all, what's the point of being rich if you can't spend your time doing what you want?

I'm willing to accept that there's a purpose for the ownership class. There should be some group of people out there with with the power to keep things from going wrong, and the resources to take the losses when they do. Unfortunately, too often they seem to be willing to take the profits when times are good, but then shift the losses onto others when they fuck up. In my view, if the rich aren't willing to do the one thing we need them for, they should be replaced by others.

Forum List

Back