Why The Reluctance to Kill Al-Sadr???????

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Especially by the Iraqi interim government? Does he really have that many loyal followers???
Seems he is much more a loose cannon than someone to be bargained with

Bonnie said:
Especially by the Iraqi interim government? Does he really have that many loyal followers???

I think more than 6 weeks ago, when he should have been KIA.

Bonnie said:

agreed. he can only be a future problem, for us, them, or both.

I know that our guys there are just itching to do it, but we are being respectful of the government's wishes.

Maybe because he calls himself a cleric, and there are ramifications to killing any cleric???? Puzzling to me.

As much as I would like to see him gone, the opportunity to have the interim government succeed in diplomacy may be of MUCH more import than his death. It really hasn't been all that long since they have achieved sovereignty. A diplomatic victory would really be awesome and take a lotta steam outta the gun toting bastards who just like to shoot people cause they don't have anything else to do. just a wild thought.

dilloduck said:
As much as I would like to see him gone, the opportunity to have the interim government succeed in diplomacy may be of MUCH more import than his death. It really hasn't been all that long since they have achieved sovereignty. A diplomatic victory would really be awesome and take a lotta steam outta the gun toting bastards who just like to shoot people cause they don't have anything else to do. just a wild thought.
Not to mention give the Iraqi government greater credibility among other nations. What do you do with him though? Give him amnesty because he was fighting an occupying force? I think he may have caused a little too much commotion to escape justice - he'll atleast need to be locked up.

-Douglas

dilloduck said:

So you think the strategy is to diminish his stature among his own thus nulifying his potential for brainwashing more zealots to do his bidding? That does make sense, however I hope this doesn't come back to bite them later on.

Bonnie said:
So you think the strategy is to diminish his stature among his own thus nulifying his potential for brainwashing more zealots to do his bidding? That does make sense, however I hope this doesn't come back to bite them later on.

yup--sorta my thinking on this one----risks are just that but if ya get one right it scores big and I think they need a big win that's not orchestrated by the US.

Bonnie said:

Just my take. If they bag him now, they still stand a chance, should have done so 2-3 weeks ago. Wait any longer, might as well take a hit out on Allawi.

The longer the little turbaned dough boy breathes oxygen, the weaker we look IMHO. His ragtag "army" understands 1 thing :flameth:

I just read somewhere that the delegation to convice him to lay down his arms was rebuffed after waiting on him for 3 hours and they went back to Bagdad

Time to finish him off...........

JIHADTHIS said:
The longer the little turbaned dough boy breathes oxygen, the weaker we look IMHO. His ragtag "army" understands 1 thing :flameth:

I just read somewhere that the delegation to convice him to lay down his arms was rebuffed after waiting on him for 3 hours and they went back to Bagdad

Time to finish him off...........

Minimum, he is 3 weeks past his due date with the virgins. :blowup:

Well we gave him a chance to save face one last time, maybe now we can drop a MOAB on their precious shrine and put an end to this crap? Pretty Please? One each for Najaf & Fallujah :D

Fighting politically correct sensitive Kerryish wars gets more people killed in the end.......... :banana:

Kathianne said:
Just my take. If they bag him now, they still stand a chance, should have done so 2-3 weeks ago. Wait any longer, might as well take a hit out on Allawi.

I really do agree with you, but I don't know enough about the complexities of the politics in that region. I just think the longer he digs his heels in the worse we look, the more courage it gives other nuts in the country, and the harder it will be to get our hands on him trying to get thru his fanatical followers.

Forum List

Back