Why the race card?

As a companion to my other thread, this one is about rhetorical tactics used by the Left.

The current trend in Left-wing rhetoric is flagrant use of the race card (at least in certain areas). "Racism" and other "-ism" words have suddenly become the new shut-down comment from the Left. Where does this trend come from?

Is it just because the left is currently the party in power? Is it purely a defensive strategy? Simple, emotionally charged rhetoric? Or is it something more?

Discuss.

Actually, I see a lot more of the Race Card Card.

Well, that gets into the "Boy who cried wolf" situation that I was talking about before. But the race card is played as well.

For instance, in NY: I don't think that all the corruption charges against Charlie Rangel were because he's black. I think they happened because he's very corrupt - but he played the race card constantly.

I didn't really follow that closely, but I think he tried to defend himself by being a representative of Harlem and because of that, was somehow entitled to bring as much wealth to that community as he could. In other words, "...not because I'm black, but because my constituents are..." which really is no defense.

I actually think Maxine Waters has a better defense.
Waters: 'I Have Not Violated Any House Rules' - ABC News

Okay, second anecdote. After Hurricane Andrew the Florida DOI formed a pool to sell homeowner's insurance in South Florida. By law, this 13 member board was 12 members of industry and the Insurance Consumer Advocate, and had to have at least three members who were minorities or female. A very very very large insurance company sent word it had no such employee at a level suitable to be a pool board member. We told them to pass on the seat, so they promoted a black man and life went on.

Hurricane Andrew was in 1992, you ignorant fuckwhit.

They promoted a black as a result of this. That's racism, how?
You keep pushing an anecdote here and there. The plural of anecdote is not proof.
If you expect to get taken seriously, counselor, you'll clean up your act.

They promoted my boss away from me because they needed a fair-minded and approachable person to clean up a pattern of racial discrimination that had run rampant throughout a Division. Reading comprehension not your strong suit, The Rabbi?

Good luck trying to make a valid point with The Rabid. You could try to convince him the Earth revolves around the Sun, and he'd argue with you. He'd send you off researching all the scientific proof and by the time you had it in hand, The Rabid would be long gone--moved on to another absurd claim somewhere else.

Feel free to post examples to support your contention. I won't hold my breath however.

You made the ridiculous statement. You prove what YOU say. Do you think the EEOC commission exists for nothing? Minority housing regulations? Hate crime legislation?

Again, I repeat, :cuckoo:

You assert there is widespread racism. I assert there is not. I cannot prove a negative so it is up to you to prove your positive assertion.
If it is widespread, as you claim, you shouldn't have any trouble at all coming up with examples.
Go ahead.

They promoted a black as a result of this. That's racism, how?
You keep pushing an anecdote here and there. The plural of anecdote is not proof.
If you expect to get taken seriously, counselor, you'll clean up your act.

They promoted my boss away from me because they needed a fair-minded and approachable person to clean up a pattern of racial discrimination that had run rampant throughout a Division. Reading comprehension not your strong suit, The Rabbi?

Good luck trying to make a valid point with The Rabid. You could try to convince him the Earth revolves around the Sun, and he'd argue with you. He'd send you off researching all the scientific proof and by the time you had it in hand, The Rabid would be long gone--moved on to another absurd claim somewhere else.

You're right: She (and you) will never make a valid point with me as long as your "proofs" revolve around isolated anecdotes and pre-conceived ideas. I demand more than that. I demand actual evidence. I demand logic. I demand things written in English.
I realzie that's probably too high a hurdle for you. You'd rather post some squishy story that confirms what "everyone" knows. I won't let you get away with such mush-brained thinking.

You're right: She (and you) will never make a valid point with me as long as your "proofs" revolve around isolated anecdotes and pre-conceived ideas. I demand more than that. I demand actual evidence. I demand logic. I demand things written in English.
I realzie that's probably too high a hurdle for you. You'd rather post some squishy story that confirms what "everyone" knows. I won't let you get away with such mush-brained thinking.

Hello? You asked for RL examples of racism, you nitwit. What did you expect to get? Charts and graphs?

Oh yikes. Ya got me so skeered with all those DEMANDS!! :lol: Bring it on, pal. Unfortunately, we all know your only "punishment" is to put me on iggy [giggle]. Hmm, I thought I was already there. So I guess that means you lie. Imagine that.

Forum List

Back