Why the President's first reaction was to lie about Benghazi.

Why are the Libs mad at those trying to find out the truth about what happened.
Looks like this administration doesn't want the truth to come out.

Ok question. Words aside what actions would you like to have seen in response to the attack?

Oh. I dunno.

Maybe send in some PROTECTION to our guys?

Too late for protection, what is the action? Mobilizr ships? Troops? Call an international crisis gathering? Shut down all middle east embassies? Bomb? Fine intelligence fucked up. Lets pretend it didn't. What should have been the response?

Ok question. Words aside what actions would you like to have seen in response to the attack?

Oh. I dunno.

Too late for protection, what is the action? Mobilizr ships? Troops? Call an international crisis gathering? Shut down all middle east embassies? Bomb? Fine intelligence fucked up. Lets pretend it didn't. What should have been the response?
oh they could have amped up security when the ambassador asked for it or when the intelligence community told them something might happen.....

Oh. I dunno.

oh they could have amped up security when the ambassador asked for it or when the intelligence community told them something might happen.....

Too late coulda shoulda woulda...what is the desired response.

False assumption that additional personnel would have prevented attack. Also please consider that we have little insight as to what the requests logs look like...perhaps all embassies are requesting additional security...we don't know.

So again...what is the desired response?

Oh. I dunno.

What the fuck is up with your signature?

If Ron Paul isn't a racist why are so many Paulbots fans of the slave owning confederate states?
Do you have a functional brain out side the standard GOP bullshit?

Oh. I dunno.

Your QUESTION was what WOULD we have liked to see in response to the attack.

My answer is therefore correct.

It appears that you are now either clarifying what you intended to ask (i.e., by adding "after the attacks were over and our people had been killed") OR you are simply changing the terms of your question.

Since I happen to like you, I am going to work off the assumption that your original phrasing was merely imprecise.

Thank me. :D

What SHOULD the reaction have been AFTER the attack was finished and our people had been killed?

Well, for starters, it might have been nice NOT to pretend that "it" had occurred over some idiotic poorly produced virtually unseen videotape. The FIRST reaction of the Administration should not, reflexively, be to lie to the American people.

This morning I heard a radio talk show host, Michael Smerconish, who is about as level headed as you will find anywhere, say that he looked it up and Romney started getting the PDB September 17th. The CIA was still calling it a response to the video ten days after the attack and that is a possible reason why Romney did not say one word about it in the third debate. Because he knew the facts, which is more that some posters here.

Thank you liability.:eusa_angel:

You are truly convinced that obama knowingly bold faced lied .

I am having a tough time believing he blamed the video knowing it was a lie. He is too smart . I think the whole mess is one big clusterfuck and i agree that public accountability is in order.

I think obama looks foolish and he got played. Lie? No don't see it.

This morning I heard a radio talk show host, Michael Smerconish, who is about as level headed as you will find anywhere, say that he looked it up and Romney started getting the PDB September 17th. The CIA was still calling it a response to the video ten days after the attack and that is a possible reason why Romney did not say one word about it in the third debate. Because he knew the facts, which is more that some posters here.

I love how so many lolberals INSIST that the CIA "was" calling it a "response to the video" 10 days later.

:lol::lol:

The CIA station chief in Libya reported to Washington within 24 hours of last month's deadly attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi that there was evidence it had been carried out by militants, not a spontaneous mob upset about an American-made video ridiculing Islam's Prophet Muhammad, US officials have said.
-- CIA report at time of Benghazi attack placed blame on militants, sources say | World news | guardian.co.uk

Personally (I can't speak for the resident lolberals) I was not read-in on the CIA memoranda.

He didn't lie about it. You people need to come back to reality.

We are the ones talking about reality. You are the one running from it.

He did lie about it.

It's what liars like him do.

Yes and he was born in Kenya and he's gay.

We get it. You're stupid. Carry on.

What's stupid is using THAT argument to prove that Obama didn't lie about what happened in Bengazi when it's quite obvious that the Obama White House DID in fact deliberately mislead the American people.

I am having a tough time believing he blamed the video knowing it was a lie. He is too smart . I think the whole mess is one big clusterfuck and i agree that public accountability is in order.

Yes. I think he lied. He lies quite readily.

I don't think he is terribly smart, either. He may not be as brain dead as his Veep, yet his alleged intellectual prowess is claimed often but demonstrated never.

He has been in WAY the hell over his head for as long as he's been playing the role of POTUS.

If we want to attribute the CIA miscommunications to "the fog of war," I am not terribly bothered by that. IT seems fair and reasonable. But the White House should AT LEAST admit that there WAS conflicting reports instead of immediately going with the one version that provides them with the "best" POLITICAL "cover."

With all due respect, Kiki? Obama got "played"? Played by whom? If he's really so gosh darned smart then why does he keep doing stupid stuff like this?

I think I figured it out. Given what obamas record of first "being wrong", (to be kind), is, I'm going to believe the exact opposite and chances are I'll be correct more often than he is.

With all due respect, Kiki? Obama got "played"? Played by whom? If he's really so gosh darned smart then why does he keep doing stupid stuff like this?

Nitwits working for him ran with the, as liability said, best political reaction and he applied no critical thinking skills just went with it...this is what i mean by played.

Can't answer about all the stupid stuff. Lol!

What the fuck is up with your signature?

If Ron Paul isn't a racist why are so many Paulbots fans of the slave owning confederate states?
Do you have a functional brain out side the standard GOP bullshit?

It is a observation.

Nitwits working for him ran with the, as liability said, best political reaction and he applied no critical thinking skills just went with it...this is what i mean by played.

You blame what happened on the "Nitwits working for him"? Come on, Kiki...when is Barack Obama going to take responsibility for ANYTHING that happens during his Presidency?

I'm still appalled at the fact that those last two Americans were killed almost seven hours after the attack started. Where was the help? The Obama Administration was watching the attack on streaming video and they did what? I don't see a response at all to be quite frank. How can that be? All I can think of is those two ex Navy Seals fighting for their lives...hour after hour...while this White House did nothing. It boggles the mind. You speak about "critical thinking skills"? What was missing was competence and leadership.

People often talk about the "2 AM phone call" that Presidents must be ready to take. The one where a crisis occurs and decisive action is needed. That call came on 9/11. So what decisive action did this White House take? I see damage control to protect a re-election campaign but I don't see anything being done to protect our people in Libya and I wonder how that can be?

He didn't get played. He knew what was up. I'm just surprised that he thought he could get away with it. Seems like he would be smarter than that.

You blame what happened on the "Nitwits working for him"? Come on, Kiki...when is Barack Obama going to take responsibility for ANYTHING that happens during his Presidency?

I'm still appalled at the fact that those last two Americans were killed almost seven hours after the attack started. Where was the help? The Obama Administration was watching the attack on streaming video and they did what? I don't see a response at all to be quite frank. How can that be? All I can think of is those two ex Navy Seals fighting for their lives...hour after hour...while this White House did nothing. It boggles the mind. You speak about "critical thinking skills"? What was missing was competence and leadership.

People often talk about the "2 AM phone call" that Presidents must be ready to take. The one where a crisis occurs and decisive action is needed. That call came on 9/11. So what decisive action did this White House take? I see damage control to protect a re-election campaign but I don't see anything being done to protect our people in Libya and I wonder how that can be?

I agree it is his responsibility but he is getting the info from somewhere these sources work for him. And yes i think he should fire the nitwits.

Thank you for answering my original question. I just wanted to understand what should have been done.

Forum List

Back