Why the President's first reaction was to lie about Benghazi.

Obama said Wednesday that Al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden remain the "number one threat" to US security. He spoke after a new voice recording emerged from the terror group's leader in which bin Laden called for a holy war to restore "Jerusalem and Palestine."

Said Obama: "We're going to do everything in our power to make sure that they cannot create safe havens that can attack Americans. That's the bottom line."

In an October 7 debate during the presidential campaign Obama said that if elected, his administration "will kill bin Laden. We will crush Al-Qaeda." Bin Laden is widely believed to be hiding in the mountainous border region between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Bush had earlier vowed to catch bin Laden "Dead or Alive," and placed a 25-million-dollar bounty on the Al-Qaeda leader's head. Striking back at bin Laden and Al-Qaeda was the reason for the US-led 2001 invasion of Afghanistan.

In a late Wednesday interview with CBS News, Obama signaled a more measured approach to catching the ever-elusive bin Laden, refusing to deliver any "dead or alive" ultimatums.

"I think that we have to so weaken his infrastructure that, whether he is technically alive or not, he is so pinned down that he cannot function," Obama said.

"My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him. But if we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives, then we will meet our goal of protecting America."

-- AFP: Obama pledges to succeed where Bush failed on bin Laden

And I believe THIS shallow thinking is exactly WHY the President lied about Benghazi.

How could America be attacked by al qaeda like that if we had achieved the goal of protecting America by killing bin Laden?

How could that be?

Well, no problem. Pesky FACTS get in the way, he does what so many uber-libs do. He just lies.

(I lifted this post from a different thread, because I think it stands alone and I don't want to derail that thread with this side-topic).

The whole Al Qaeda is dead thing doesn't work if they are pulling off successful raids against our consulates.

You're a total moron, dupe. Change the channel. LOL!

It bothers you that your messiah is a member of a gay bath house? Where is your tolerance? Just google it, of course the media won't report on it. I thought you would love that idea, you could join and maybe finally hit the jack pot, and get some man love from your messiah.

O had told us all that AQ was on the run and finished. The growing hot bed of terrorists concentrated in Benghazi didn't mix with O's narrative that AQ was finished so he conjured up a story about a grainy video that nobody had seen. As the attack took place, the O admin watched it unfold as data was sent back from the drone that flew overhead. It had to take someone at the highest level to deny taking action against this terrorist attack. I can't believe that the CIA, FBI, military just wanted to sit back and do nothing.

[
As I already told you -- and as the transcript fucking CONFIRMS -- the President's 9/12/2012 reference to "acts of terror" in CONTEXT shows that he was referring back to the 9/11/2001 attacks to which he had just made reference.

QUOTE]

Wrong. For the thousandth time, here is the exact CONTEXT you refer to, where he refers back to 2001. This is that paragraph you are claiming proves he wasn't talking about the Benghazi attack:

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

I highlighted a sentence there for you. What is that sentence referring to?

YOU TELL ME.

All of the above is what precedes the reference to acts of terror. YOU are lying to say he was only referencing 2001.

This is YOUR lie. Live with it.

The truth is killing Bin Laden was never going to make the Islamic jihadis put down their bombs and go home, Bush said after 9/11 that this was on terror would take decades. I believe him.

Killing Osama bin Laden killed the Al Qaeda as killing JFK killed the Democratic Party. Or the killing of Lincoln killed the Republican Party.

We were attacked again on 9-11 which means he DIDN'T keep America safe. His appeasement policy has cost American lives, treasure, and our sense of security once more. Islamic militants know they have a friend in the WH. Hell, the logs prove that out along with Obama's choice of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. I don't believe this man is simply ignorant. I believe he's purposeful in everything he does.

LadyBitch. Four people died on Obama's 911, 3,000 died on Bush's 911 and led to almost a million death in wars that 911 led to because he ignored multple warning and lied and ignored warning that Iraq was not a threat and had no WMDs. :mad:
Four americans died in Libya because they refused to evacuate with others. Where the fuck was you and your rage during the 8 years Bush was screwing the world up. He didn't keep us safe from a financial crisis. :mad:
America and your sorry ass is safe because of Obama. Ended the war in Iraq, saving lives. Ending the war in Afghanistan saving more lives. Talking to the enemy instead of threatening them with bombs. :mad:

The truth is killing Bin Laden was never going to make the Islamic jihadis put down their bombs and go home, Bush said after 9/11 that this was on terror would take decades. I believe him.

Yet, when W acknowledged that "getting" that one fucking evil scumbag was not his main priority, he got derided for it (and to this day the libs still take cheap pot shots over it) by a lot of libs who lack the capacity for critical thinking.

We all wanted bin Laden dead or captured. And (due credit to the incumbent), bin Laden is now dead.

But it was NEVER the be all and end all of our war against the terrorists.

W was right. President Obama was wrong. Again.

I've always felt W said that for a reason.

If I'm bin Laden hiding out at the time wherever the hell I was hiding out and heard the president of the United States vowing to turn over every rock, beat every bush, look high and low, etc. for me, my shorts would definitely be getting wedged further up my crack. But if I heard him saying there were bigger or more strategic goals to concentrate on I think I'd be a bit more relaxed and maybe not so security conscious.

Because he said what he said I don't believe we in any way relaxed our intel or other assets in hunting for that pig fucker.

Obama's very first speech on Benghazi, the next day, he referred to it as "no act of terrorism" even before it was know to be a terrorist attack. WTF was he talking about if not about Benghazi?

How long did it take Bush to declare 911 an act of terrorism? He sat dumbfounded in a classroom of children for how long? And then he took cover.
Did George Bush take responsibility for 9-11 or WMD or the Cole attack?

How about Reagan? DId he take responsibility for the Beirut bombing or Iran Contra?

Why is Bush and 911 relative? Because it has led to every fucking negative thing, falilng economy and an ass wipe reputation, that is happening on Obama watch and in the entire Middle East. Terrorist and terrorism was not even in the English language before Bush's 911.

Last edited:
Obama's very first speech on Benghazi, the next day, he referred to it as "no act of terrorism" even before it was know to be a terrorist attack. WTF was he talking about if not about Benghazi?

How long did it take Bush to declare 911 an act of terrorism? He sat dumbfounded in a classroom of children for how long? And then he took cover.
Did George Bush take responsibility for 9-11 or WMD or the Cole attack?

How about Reagan? DId he take responsibility for the Beirut bombing or Iran Contra?
LilOl'SenileBiddy:

You are Wrong.

On the day after the Benghazi attack, in a Rose Garden "speech," the President DID make a comment about "no act of terrorism."

But he was referring back to 9/11/2001, to which he had just made specific reference.

Did Clinton ever accept responsibility for 9/11/2001?

[
On the day after the Benghazi attack, in a Rose Garden "speech," the President DID make a comment about "no act of terrorism."

But he was referring back to 9/11/2001, to which he had just made specific reference.

?

Wrong.

The president was referring back to this:

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

He then followed by calling the above reference(S) 'acts of terror'.

See? Benghazi? See what that last sentence refers to?

[
As I already told you -- and as the transcript fucking CONFIRMS -- the President's 9/12/2012 reference to "acts of terror" in CONTEXT shows that he was referring back to the 9/11/2001 attacks to which he had just made reference.

QUOTE]

Wrong. For the thousandth time, here is the exact CONTEXT you refer to, where he refers back to 2001. This is that paragraph you are claiming proves he wasn't talking about the Benghazi attack:

YOU TELL ME.

All of the above is what precedes the reference to acts of terror. YOU are lying to say he was only referencing 2001.

I guess Liability can't tell us what that sentence is referring to. I guess he finally has no answer,

not even a stupid one.

For the thousandth time, case closed. The President referred to the attack in Benghazi as an act of terror,

just as he referred to the attacks of 2001 as acts of terror. He included them all, together,

in the same reference.

Last edited:
[

QUOTE]

YOU TELL ME.

I guess Liability can't tell us what that sentence is referring to. I guess he finally has no answer,

not even a stupid one.

For the thousandth time, case closed. The President referred to the attack in Benghazi as an act of terror,

just as he referred to the attacks of 2001 as acts of terror. He included them all, together,

in the same reference.

As always, when Carbuncle is stymied, he reverts to lying.

His "guess" (i.e., lie) is baseless.

I just DID answer. Twice in a row, really.

And the President lied because as we all know, even the dishonest NY Carbuncle, when the President mentioned "act of terror" he was referring to 9/11/2001 which he had just referenced.

Thus, there was no HONEST reason to invite anybody to look at the transcript. It was a head fake by the Liar in Chief. Lying is what liars like President Obama and NY Carbuncle do.

<<shrug>>

False comparison which is just another way that morons like you choose to lie.

We get the fact that you are fully dishonest and a lying pussy.

Muddle on, ya bitch.

Meanwhile, your lies carry no weight.

The President was CAUGHT in his lie.

Quote the lie.

Quote the proof that it was a lie.

Damn are you stupid or just being deliberately obtuse.

We've been over this lots of times, you deflecting pussy.

The President did NOT identify the Benghazi attack as an act of terrorism.

He CLAIMED that Mitt was wrong when Mitt said that he (the President) had not done so for two weeks. He CLAIMED (falsely, since like you he's a lying cock sucker) that he had said it in the Rose Garden. He demanded that Mitt check the transcripts. Candy played her part (albeit improperly) and AT the debate "affirmed" the President's BULLSHIT.

Only LATER did Crowley "correct" her own fucking misstatement.

You ARE, in the main, a lying piece of shit like The ONE. And not in the main, too. Entirely.

Correctomoondo! It is entirely fruitless to try to discuss anything with NYC. He lies as often as Obama does and will NEVER admit that Obama is anything but perfect.

This series of lies by Obama about the attack and the cause and his reaction to the attack constitutes impeachable offenses to me.

Obama is the sleaziest, least presidential asshole we have EVER had in office. Only a complete idiot could say anything in support of these recent actions.

That is why you must fully understand that NYC cannot back off of his blind support of the goddamned Marxist asshole Obama!

Forum List

Back