Why the poor/underclass of this nation are NOT paying their share, doing their share!

I've watched for 2 years now as the left continues it's massive class warfare assault on the most productive citizens of this nation. It's quite sickening, really. I can't count how many lefties I've heard say the rich "need to pay their fair share". By "fair" the basically mean the rich just need to pay even more, because the current government entitlements are not meeting the demands of the left wing. It has nothing to do with "fair".

The rich already pay more, FAR more, in both % of income, and just net total of $$ paid to the government. The top 25% of earners in this nation basically fund the gov't that serves the other 75%. And whatever, for a gov't to work, it needs some $$. And to fund our massive military, and the best social support net in the world imo, we do have to take more in % and total $$ from the wealthier. But why, then, do we continue to target them? And with such hatred?

You lefties are directing your hatred towards the most productive people in the country? They have paid their "fair share". The middle class have also, by paying taxes AND doing the brunt of stability work in our middle class that supports this nation's success.

But now, lets talk about the "poor" who supposedly already pay their "fair share" since the left never blames them. I've already posted time and time again the stats from the Census Bureau that show our "poor" aren't poor at all, but rather would be middle class globally. Our "poor" enjoy comforts unseen by much of the world. Hell, our poor are OBESE. That says something very significant.

But lets see. And this is not directed at all poor people, but many:

- Many of our poor do drugs. Thats a big reason they remain poor, or got poor.
- Many of our poor PLAY THE LOTTERY. Yep. Go to any gas station in a "poor" area. You'll see countless folks buying "tickets" daily. Wasting money. Yet.....they are helpless and have no way to thrive. Add their yearly lottery spending, and they could probably buy a semester at a local community tech college.
- Many of our poor are lazy. Yep. They simply do not want to strive. There are jobs out there that suck, but PAY, and they just dont wanna do them. They dont wanna be the garbage man. Or deliver pizzas. Or be a janitor. They'd rather sit home, collect checks, and wait on the left to say the rich "owe" them more.

I just can't help but see so many of our "poor" are have enough money to get fat. Enough to get a cell phone. And cable. And air conditioning. And a car. And the newest FUBU clothes, or ipods, or latest rap CD. Or latest NASCAR video game. I can't help but notice that while our poor are scratching by on almost nothing, they somehow find enough money to play 5 lotto tickets a day and buy a case of beer.

And, just as I did this morning, I can't help but notice every Sunday morning, the classifieds in the newspaper has dozens and dozens if not hundreds of jobs locally for pizza delivery, car washer staff, janitor, trash collector, sanitation worker, landscape labor, dish washer at the countless bars/pubs in Charleston, etc, etc, etc.................and then later in the day I see on the local TV news yet another story about the "poor" who are so oppressed........and the rich who aren't "Paying their fair share".

The most productive tend to be on the left.

I've watched for 2 years now as the left continues it's massive class warfare assault on the most productive citizens of this nation. It's quite sickening, really. I can't count how many lefties I've heard say the rich "need to pay their fair share". By "fair" the basically mean the rich just need to pay even more, because the current government entitlements are not meeting the demands of the left wing. It has nothing to do with "fair".

The rich already pay more, FAR more, in both % of income, and just net total of $$ paid to the government. The top 25% of earners in this nation basically fund the gov't that serves the other 75%. And whatever, for a gov't to work, it needs some $$. And to fund our massive military, and the best social support net in the world imo, we do have to take more in % and total $$ from the wealthier. But why, then, do we continue to target them? And with such hatred?

You lefties are directing your hatred towards the most productive people in the country? They have paid their "fair share". The middle class have also, by paying taxes AND doing the brunt of stability work in our middle class that supports this nation's success.
What a load of right wing crap! The Left ARE the most productive!!!! The Libs are more financially successful than you lazy CON$ervative slackers.
It's the WAGE earners who pay the bulk of the taxes not the wealthy capital gains tycoons. That's why dishonest CON$ only talk about "earners" and not the truly wealthy "capital gainers."

So, it's you leftist fuickwads. then, who have put this country into massive debt. I thought so.

The problem is rightwingers blindly following a leadership that squats on their base. The first thing the Republican leadership promised to take care of wasn't "jobs" or "foreclosures" or "health care".

No, it was money for millionaires and billionaires. Doesn't that tell you SOMETHING? And who was Obama fighting for? Well, we all know it wasn't millionaires and billionaires. Who does that leave? Think hard now. If it wasn't millionaires and billionaires, then what's left?

Disregarding the much-noted hypocrisy of your post for a moment...

24 states, or 75% of the 32 receiving more federal dollars than they contribute are red states. Of the 18 states that contribute more than they receive, in other words subsidize those welfare states, 15 of them or 83% are blue states.

The Tax Foundation - Federal Taxes Paid vs. Federal Spending Received by State, 1981-2005

It seems to me you're suggesting those who pay the most for the entitlements of others are the most productive and the rest don't pay their fair share. I don't agree, but according to your logic, it's liberals who are productive and conservatives who leech off of them. Perhaps you should redirect your ire.

Disregarding the much-noted hypocrisy of your post for a moment...

24 states, or 75% of the 32 receiving more federal dollars than they contribute are red states. Of the 18 states that contribute more than they receive, in other words subsidize those welfare states, 15 of them or 83% are blue states.

The Tax Foundation - Federal Taxes Paid vs. Federal Spending Received by State, 1981-2005

It seems to me you're suggesting those who pay the most for the entitlements of others are the most productive and the rest don't pay their fair share. I don't agree, but according to your logic, it's liberals who are productive and conservatives who leech off of them. Perhaps you should redirect your ire.

That's not going to happen. America is going through a difficult time right now. Network news has abandoned it's job to bring real information to the American people.

The fiasco that was Iraq. And now, by constitution, under Article II, Iraq is a constitutional hard right religious theocracy. Where has the news reported that information? You can read it right out of their constitution. You can see it in the fact that half their population is slowing being forced into burkas.

The fact that under the Republican watch, millions of jobs were moved to China with the help of tax breaks and subsidies. The deplorable working conditions. The lack of workers having a say, after all, they live in a communist country. The suicide factories. Most Americans don't know these things.

The States Republican Party Platform. Texas wants to make gay marriage a felony and being gay a crime. It's right there in their Party Platform. Rewriting school books in Texas.

The fact that PEW, after long drawn out research, proved that only 6% of American scientists are Republican. That tells the country what they think of education.

So many things wrong with this country and it is simply not reported. People raising families, working late, looking for ways to support their families don't have the time to "go look" for news.

And now we have a Republican Congress and the very first thing they want to do is cut taxes for millionaires and billionaires. Over everything else. You even have websites put up by millionaires and billionaires who are saying "We don't want a tax cut". 70% of America says no tax cut for millionaires and billionaires and it's the very first thing they do.

And the worst thing not reported is the number of Senate filibusters by the Republican Party. Record breakers every year for the last four years. And Republicans have convinced America that Democrats could do anything they want.

No one where I work new Republicans apoligized to BP. I showed people I work with the clips from Youtube and they were shocked and outraged.

I lay a lot of the blame where we are at squarely with our news. They just don't report the news anymore.

But now, lets talk about the "poor" who supposedly already pay their "fair share" since the left never blames them. I've already posted time and time again the stats from the Census Bureau that show our "poor" aren't poor at all, but rather would be middle class globally. Our "poor" enjoy comforts unseen by much of the world. Hell, our poor are OBESE. That says something very significant.

- Many of our poor PLAY THE LOTTERY. Yep. Go to any gas station in a "poor" area. You'll see countless folks buying "tickets" daily. Wasting money. Yet.....they are helpless and have no way to thrive. Add their yearly lottery spending, and they could probably buy a semester at a local community tech college.
- Many of our poor are lazy. Yep. They simply do not want to strive. There are jobs out there that suck, but PAY, and they just dont wanna do them. They dont wanna be the garbage man. Or deliver pizzas. Or be a janitor. They'd rather sit home, collect checks, and wait on the left to say the rich "owe" them more.

I just can't help but see so many of our "poor" are have enough money to get fat. Enough to get a cell phone. And cable. And air conditioning. And a car. And the newest FUBU clothes, or ipods, or latest rap CD. Or latest NASCAR video game. I can't help but notice that while our poor are scratching by on almost nothing, they somehow find enough money to play 5 lotto tickets a day and buy a case of beer.

And, just as I did this morning, I can't help but notice every Sunday morning, the classifieds in the newspaper has dozens and dozens if not hundreds of jobs locally for pizza delivery, car washer staff, janitor, trash collector, sanitation worker, landscape labor, dish washer at the countless bars/pubs in Charleston, etc, etc, etc.................and then later in the day I see on the local TV news yet another story about the "poor" who are so oppressed........and the rich who aren't "Paying their fair share".

The top 10% in this country own more wealth than the bottom 90% combined. They should be paying 90% of the taxes.

I pretty much give up commenting on this,well maybe not all together.Those that are collecting unemployment have stated,well a good number of them anyway that they will go out and start to look for work when the checks run out.Why,well because they will have to.Ed Shultz of MSNBC dedicates a good part of his show to "fighting" for these poor deprived Americans some who have collected a check for 2 years now,he will fight till his last breath to get these folks another extension so they can stay home and collect.

Why go out and try to help yourselves when all you need to do is vote Democrat,and in return the Dems will go after those in this country who produce.They will take from those who have to give to those who have not.

It pretty much is as simple as that......

"Those that are collecting unemployment have stated,well a good number of them anyway that they will go out and start to look for work when the checks run out"

Can you link that or otherwise back it up?

And while you're at it please show me specifically how "They will take from those who have to give to those who have not."

Out of the 15 craigslist ads in my local area for hospitality worker, 3 required a car and 8 required previous experience. Neither craigs or the daily metro has dishwasher openings, non-experienced server positions near public transportation, busser or banquet servers, custodial or janitorial beyond 3 hours a day and winter eliminates most of the landscaping.

So explain to me again how there are countless opportunities for the 50 Cents of the world to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. And why no hate for the trailer folk?

Right or Left neither one is paying my rent..I am! I am working five days a week, eight hours a day to live and I do not expect anyone including the politicians in my state and Washington to do a damn thing for me. I pay taxes and only get a small portion back b/c I do not have children. Oh well!! I can say that I love the job I have which is helping the elderly stay in their homes by sending ppl who clean their homes and help them to stay clean. BTW you wouldn't believe how many 300-400+ elderly women there are. :eusa_whistle:

The top 10% in this country own more wealth than the bottom 90% combined. They should be paying 90% of the taxes.

Actually, the top 10% own a total of 71% of all wealth (85% of total wealth in the top 20%). But merely the top 1% own more wealth than the bottom 90% combined. In fact, that top 1% owns double the wealth of the entire bottom 90% combined, 42.7% of all wealth is in the hands of the one-percenters, a mere 21.3% is owned by the bottom 90%. Oh and the bottom 40% of the country, 120 million Americans, combined they own less than 1% of the nation's wealth.

Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

But, you know, they're not contributing their "fair share."

If you think that top 1%, people with an average net worth of $10 million and a minimum of $3 million need a tax break, you are either a millionaire, totally unaware of the wealth distribution in this country, or clinically insane.

Last edited:
I made about $230 dollars last year doing my taxes. That's 230 more than I paid in.

I did them 3 times then had my wife do it twice.

So not only did I not pay my share of taxes, some of you paid in more to put money in my pocket.

Totally broken tax system.

I made about $230 dollars last year doing my taxes. That's 230 more than I paid in.

I did them 3 times then had my wife do it twice.

So not only did I not pay my share of taxes, some of you paid in more to put money in my pocket.

Totally broken tax system.

Exactly right, NO ONE should be making money off the IRS. Be they rich, or poor. ThATis why I favor a consumption tax, no income tax. You buy something, you pay taxes on it.

Here's a rational arguement: The rich in this country are not necessarily the most productive, they are simply the most greedy, fucking over anybody they can to increase their riches. Don't confuse productivity with wealth. They are simply in a position of power, because either their daddy was or someone their daddy knows, and they are most probably white and males, the most valued genetic traits in our wonderfully democratic society (sarcasm). Most of the poor people in this country are minorities who don't have the resources to get out of their situation except with great energy, and research has shown that few people in all socio-economic classes rarely leave their socioeconomic class. Don't paint the poor as lazy. I'm guessing you yourelf are a white male, coming from a place of relative priviledge in this society, who has never been to the innercity or experienced any of what it's like to grow up in those areas. The rich do NOT pay most of the taxes, given that there are so few rich people relative to the amount of poor people. Second that our poor are not poor relative to third world poor doesn't really matter. They are relatively poor to the society standard, and that is poor enough. Living in slums, inadequate housing, schooling, nutrtion, healthcare... it's hard to break out of that cycle, especially when those in power are trying to keep you from rising, which is easy when you're a minority. You have no vision for what life might be like for other people than yourself. YOu have no ability to think beyond your own situation. You are full of self-rigthousness and maintain your position based only on your own limited experiences and what you parents and friends and Dick Cheney tells you. Try to venture beyond what you know and consider what life might be like for someone other than yourself. Go into the inner-city. Go to a school there. Hang out on the corner for a few days. Then, just see if you don't see things a little differently. If you aren't willing to experience the lifestyle you mock, then don't mock it. You're opinion doesn't carry any weight. That's the way it works.
Oh, and grow up. You're post was that a Kingergartner's maturity level and intellectual scope.

Here's a rational arguement: The rich in this country are not necessarily the most productive, they are simply the most greedy, fucking over anybody they can to increase their riches. Don't confuse productivity with wealth. They are simply in a position of power, because either their daddy was or someone their daddy knows, and they are most probably white and males, the most valued genetic traits in our wonderfully democratic society (sarcasm). Most of the poor people in this country are minorities who don't have the resources to get out of their situation except with great energy, and research has shown that few people in all socio-economic classes rarely leave their socioeconomic class. Don't paint the poor as lazy. I'm guessing you yourelf are a white male, coming from a place of relative priviledge in this society, who has never been to the innercity or experienced any of what it's like to grow up in those areas. The rich do NOT pay most of the taxes, given that there are so few rich people relative to the amount of poor people. Second that our poor are not poor relative to third world poor doesn't really matter. They are relatively poor to the society standard, and that is poor enough. Living in slums, inadequate housing, schooling, nutrtion, healthcare... it's hard to break out of that cycle, especially when those in power are trying to keep you from rising, which is easy when you're a minority. You have no vision for what life might be like for other people than yourself. YOu have no ability to think beyond your own situation. You are full of self-rigthousness and maintain your position based only on your own limited experiences and what you parents and friends and Dick Cheney tells you. Try to venture beyond what you know and consider what life might be like for someone other than yourself. Go into the inner-city. Go to a school there. Hang out on the corner for a few days. Then, just see if you don't see things a little differently. If you aren't willing to experience the lifestyle you mock, then don't mock it. You're opinion doesn't carry any weight. That's the way it works.
Oh, and grow up. You're post was that a Kingergartner's maturity level and intellectual scope.

Right after your first ",", you stopped using a rational arguement. I read a little bit further, then stop, realizing it's useless talking reason to someone that is such a hate filled discriminator.

Classless classist. If you spouted like this about black people you would be a racist.

Except for the racist crap, I agree with you. There are more poor whites than poor blacks, hispanics, etc.

Forum List

Back