Why The OWS Is Allowed in Public Parks

Hi luissa :D

So do you agree that soros is connected or do you agree that Koch doesn't fund the teaparties ;)

:p

Oh and who, what, and how?

It was actually $185,000 according to this link, the other one I read said $170,000. Sorry!
Reuters: George Soros Money Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests | Politicons

Soros: not a funder of Wall Street protests | Reuters

Soros spokesman Michael Vachon said that Soros has not "funded the protests directly or indirectly." He added: "Assertions to the contrary are an attempt by those who oppose the protesters to cast doubt on the authenticity of the movement."

Soros has donated at least $3.5 million to an organization called the Tides Center in recent years, earmarking the funds for specific purposes. Tides has given grants to Adbusters, an anti-capitalist group in Canada whose inventive marketing campaign sparked the first demonstrations last month.

Vachon said Open Society specified what its donations could be used for. He said they were not general purpose funds to be used at the discretion of Tides -- for example for grants to Adbusters. "Our grants to Tides were for other purposes."

So can we stop stating Soros donated money to them now?

He donates money to groups such as these:

4166.png

10292011soros.jpg

Some of those groups donated money to, sent people to, and had a physical presence at OWS locations.

Like I said the ties of soros to OWS are as strong as, if not stronger than, any ties Koch has to the tea party. Going by your own standard used to tie Koch to the teaparties I can make this claim all day long, unless you want to backtrack on the whole koch/teaparty business......

I'm fascinated by your ability to cloud your own mind.

No, don't put Obama aside...his attempt to support the idea that there is a class that must be attacked is a key characteristic of the Left.

Had you remained au fait on this topic, you would be conversant with the facts that Wall Street is not the origin of the problem, that America has no permanent 'wealthy,' and that the only (slim) hope this incompetent has of re-election is to convince folks like yourself that he stands between "the 1%" and the 'wealth they have stolen'.

Sadly, no matter the remediation I provide, you remain immune.
You mean class warfare, right?
You know what the funny thing is? Class Warfare is the product of someone interpreting it into English falsely. The original phrase wasn't Class Warfare. I always thought it was interesting.

And if you think I blindly support Obama now, well you haven't been paying attention. And it has nothing to do with attacking a certain class, it about holding certain people accountable for the problem they created and not just catering to that certain group while screwing over the middle class and poor. Of course, people like you will let yourself be brainwashed people who call these people ignorant. They might not agree with your point of view, but to call them ignorant is being a little partisan.

Luissa I have 3 questions for clarification before I respond to you.

1) What is the problem that was created?
2) Who created the problem?
3) how did they create the problem?

Last edited:

So do you agree that soros is connected or do you agree that Koch doesn't fund the teaparties ;)

It was actually $185,000 according to this link, the other one I read said $170,000. Sorry!

4166.png

10292011soros.jpg

Some of those groups donated money to, sent people to, and had a physical presence at OWS locations.

Like I said the ties of soros to OWS are as strong as, if not stronger than, any ties Koch has to the tea party. Going by your own standard used to tie Koch to the teaparties I can make this claim all day long, unless you want to backtrack on the whole koch/teaparty business......

You mean class warfare, right?
You know what the funny thing is? Class Warfare is the product of someone interpreting it into English falsely. The original phrase wasn't Class Warfare. I always thought it was interesting.

And if you think I blindly support Obama now, well you haven't been paying attention. And it has nothing to do with attacking a certain class, it about holding certain people accountable for the problem they created and not just catering to that certain group while screwing over the middle class and poor. Of course, people like you will let yourself be brainwashed people who call these people ignorant. They might not agree with your point of view, but to call them ignorant is being a little partisan.

You tenacious bulldog, you!

Soros spokesman Michael Vachon said that Soros has not "funded the protests directly or indirectly." He added: "Assertions to the contrary are an attempt by those who oppose the protesters to cast doubt on the authenticity of the movement."

Soros has donated at least $3.5 million to an organization called the Tides Center in recent years, earmarking the funds for specific purposes. Tides has given grants to Adbusters, an anti-capitalist group in Canada whose inventive marketing campaign sparked the first demonstrations last month.

Vachon said Open Society specified what its donations could be used for. He said they were not general purpose funds to be used at the discretion of Tides -- for example for grants to Adbusters. "Our grants to Tides were for other purposes."

4166.png

10292011soros.jpg

So you still have no proof he donated to OWS, do you?

As for the Koch brothers...........

Dear Supporter,
Please join the Tea Party Express and Americans for Prosperity on Thursday, September 8th at 5:30 p.m. as the Tea Party Express national bus tour stops in Concord, North Carolina.

RSVP HERE!

Read more: Tea Party Express Stops in Concord Thursday, September 8th | Americans for Prosperity

Tax Day Tea Party Events | Americans for Prosperity

Isn't David Koch the Chairman of the Board for Americans for Prosperity?
That is a little more direct than what you are trying to state.

4166.png

10292011soros.jpg

You tenacious bulldog, you!
So you think Soros ties are strong to OWS than the Koch brothers are to the Tea Party?
I know Pilgrim cant accept it, but I would hope you could. If Pilgrim can prove Soros is the Chairman of the Board for a foundation that plans OWS events he will have a point, and I will owe him props. Until then, you both will seem a little brainwashed to me. :razz: And I say that with much kindness because I like you both.

No, but they have the same program in many states including mine. The reason they have to join the union is because they are a paid caregiver through the state. Would you rather they not get paid? If I went through the training and wanted to be an independent caregiver through the state I would have to join the union. It also doesn't mention if they qualify they can usually get benefits. Personally, having been a caregiver I would rather they be trained. My friends dad is even nurse delegated, and has as many training hours as I do. And if he goes through hard tines he can pick up other clients other than his adult son.
In this section the author has no clue what he is talking about, just so you know. ;)

You know how I know? Because I take care of Adults who are disabled, and my friend's dad is paid to take care of his............ through the state. When you do this, you are also usually required to go through training, and for good reason.

Do you live in Michigan? I do.....
Here's a link to their webpage. At the bottom it shows they're represented by SEIU, which should be a warning to everyone to stay away from it! There's alot of information on it if you just google it.....

Home | MQCCC

There's talk now that Gov Snyder will be phasing this out....but there's nothing definate to post right now.

Thanks for the explanation...i know you know more about this than i do...and of course i wouldn't want to see someone not get paid. I just hate it with ANY job when you're forced to join a union to be an employee. Where i work, when i first got hired in to the factory, we didn't have to join the union, but you still have to pay the dues, you can still get representation if you need it...you just can't vote on anything! Made no sense to me! :) I'm in the office now so i don't have to hand any of my money over to the creeps!

No, but they have the same program in many states including mine. The reason they have to join the union is because they are a paid caregiver through the state. Would you rather they not get paid? If I went through the training and wanted to be an independent caregiver through the state I would have to join the union. It also doesn't mention if they qualify they can usually get benefits. Personally, having been a caregiver I would rather they be trained. My friends dad is even nurse delegated, and has as many training hours as I do. And if he goes through hard tines he can pick up other clients other than his adult son.
Do you live in Michigan? I do.....
Here's a link to their webpage. At the bottom it shows they're represented by SEIU, which should be a warning to everyone to stay away from it! There's alot of information on it if you just google it.....

Home | MQCCC

There's talk now that Gov Snyder will be phasing this out....but there's nothing definate to post right now.

Thanks for the explanation...i know you know more about this than i do...and of course i wouldn't want to see someone not get paid. I just hate it with ANY job when you're forced to join a union to be an employee. Where i work, when i first got hired in to the factory, we didn't have to join the union, but you still have to pay the dues, you can still get representation if you need it...you just can't vote on anything! Made no sense to me! :) I'm in the office now so i don't have to hand any of my money over to the creeps!

Here in Washington State I am pretty sure you don't have to join the union. I should ask my friend's dad. I understand the problem with the Union, but the program is a good one in my opinion. I don't have time to look up the numbers but I know there is millions of family caregivers that do not get paid, and I am not saying all should get paid. In my friend's case his dad did not get paid until a few years ago, and he only takes a few shifts. He has other caregivers who are paid through a agency, I actually used to be one of them. It is easier to get jobs through an agency, but after I was certified I could have registered with the state. I thought about it, because I think you only have to maintain 20hrs a week to get health benefits.(that is in my state)
Now I just work at a facility, but what I do and my facility is heavily monitored by the state. The author of the article would have been better to bring up that part. You should see some of the laws they have for facilities. I understand there is reasons for many of them, but some seem like they are a little over reaching.

In this last election we voted on some new laws for caregivers in regards to back ground checks etc. I voted against it, because any place you work at is going to do one, if you register with the state they are going to do one. If you hold a licenses they are going to do a background check. I didn't see the need for more laws.

4166.png

10292011soros.jpg

So you still have no proof he donated to OWS, do you?

As for the Koch brothers...........

Dear Supporter,
Please join the Tea Party Express and Americans for Prosperity on Thursday, September 8th at 5:30 p.m. as the Tea Party Express national bus tour stops in Concord, North Carolina.

RSVP HERE!

Read more: Tea Party Express Stops in Concord Thursday, September 8th | Americans for Prosperity

Tax Day Tea Party Events | Americans for Prosperity

Isn't David Koch the Chairman of the Board for Americans for Prosperity?
That is a little more direct than what you are trying to state.

Ahhhh so the koch people fund and work with americans for prosperity which in turn gives money to the tea party express which means they fund the teaparty in your opion? Yet Sorros funds and works with groups that ended up sending people and resources to help out OWS yet he doesn't help fund it.......

Very inconsistent there Luissa. I am dissapointed in you.

I'm just using your standard consitantly. Either both individuals are involved with their respective groups due to finances and ties to organizations involved in them or they aren't...which one do you want to go with?

I'm willing to go either way, its up to you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back