Why the objection to literacy tests for potential voters?

How many family members have you had seeking US Citizenship? I have had 2. Neither one was asked similar questions. Further when my wife took the test and failed a friend of hers was there at the same time. They ask her friend 2 questions, what is your name and who is the President. They ask my wife about 12 questions until she failed the last 2 and then failed her and made her come back to take it again on another day.

My mother in law who is over 70 failed 3 times. Another friend of the family her 70 year old mother was asked 2 questions, What were the 3 branches of Government and who was President.

Don't tell me I do not know what I am talking about you dumb ass.
You don't know what you're talking about. Read the link. They changed and standardized the questions in 2008. I have a friend that recently took it and he showed me the questions they gave him to study.

He passed.

Retard.

Dumb as a fucking rock. There are several guides as to what to study you IDIOT. There is NO STANDARD as to how many questions they will ask you. Some people get an easy interviewer that asks a couple questions and passes them some get an asshole that just keeps asking till you fail. My Mother in law took the test last year for the third time and failed.

☭proletarian☭;2081072 said:
It's not like anyone is denied an education nowadays. If you can't read/write English, you don't know what form of government the US has, or you can't name the two houses of Congress, why the fuck should your be allowed to vote and fuck this country up more?

The objection comes from the Democrats who would lose at least half their support if a literacy test were enforced.

Sure, like all the moron toothless redneck the republicans would lose. I'd be it would be pretty much equal

Au contraire; while there are certainly a small number of "illiterate" toothless rednecks of the sort you describe, their support for the republican party is hardly universal. However, there are vast numbers of illiterate urban poor; made that way by Welfare, a Democratic party scheme to keep them poor, stupid and beholden to the Democratic party for their support. The Democrats would fare FAR worse if literacy requirements were enforced.

Please answer this question. And be honest.

How many illiterate adults have you known in your life? People who could not read or write.

I've known exactly ONE.

Bonus question. How many illiterate adults have you personally known in your life that you know to have ever voted.

I've known exactly ZERO.

Updating the totals:

USMB members personally know 1 illiterate.

USMB members personally know 0 voting illiterates.

...Keep them coming !!!

ive met a few illiterate folks. it is shocking, born-bred americans. dont know about the voting. two were so far-right that they probably feared reprisal from the IRS if they voted. the only one i know who said he'd vote was this toothless guy. he was excited about the obama thing. while he said he was only in school until 5th grade and was severely dyslexic, he could reason and speak just fine. plays a mean game of chess.

How many illiterate adults have you known in your life? People who could not read or write.

I've known exactly ONE.

Few can read above a sixth grade level. That's illiteracy for all intents and purposes in the real world.

Bonus question. How many illiterate adults have you personally known in your life that you know to have ever voted.

Many. Most were party-line voters.

How many family members have you had seeking US Citizenship? I have had 2. Neither one was asked similar questions. Further when my wife took the test and failed a friend of hers was there at the same time. They ask her friend 2 questions, what is your name and who is the President. They ask my wife about 12 questions until she failed the last 2 and then failed her and made her come back to take it again on another day.

My mother in law who is over 70 failed 3 times. Another friend of the family her 70 year old mother was asked 2 questions, What were the 3 branches of Government and who was President.

Don't tell me I do not know what I am talking about you dumb ass.
You don't know what you're talking about. Read the link. They changed and standardized the questions in 2008. I have a friend that recently took it and he showed me the questions they gave him to study.

He passed.

Retard.

Dumb as a fucking rock. There are several guides as to what to study you IDIOT. There is NO STANDARD as to how many questions they will ask you. Some people get an easy interviewer that asks a couple questions and passes them some get an asshole that just keeps asking till you fail. My Mother in law took the test last year for the third time and failed.
From the link I provided

NOTE: The questions above will be asked of applicants who file for naturalization on or after October 1, 2008.

Those over 65 need only know the asterisked questions, which is why your mil had the test she was given.

I've known exactly ONE.

I've known exactly ZERO.

Updating the totals:

USMB members personally know 1 illiterate.

USMB members personally know 0 voting illiterates.

...Keep them coming !!!
I knew one...older guy at work. He took every precaution to keep people from finding out because he was ashamed. But he wasn't stupid. I've no idea if he voted or not.

This thread turned out better than I anticipated! :badgrin:

schultz.aspx

☭proletarian☭;2086505 said:

I've known exactly ONE.

Few can read above a sixth grade level. That's illiteracy for all intents and purposes in the real world.

Many. Most were party-line voters.

Who told you that 6th grade reading level was the cutoff for defining literacy?

Forum List

Back