Why The NFL Is Losing Fans

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Cowboys_49ers_Football.JPEG-07ff0_c0-203-3600-2301_s885x516.jpg

I know it's hard to believe, but the NFL is losing fans by the truckload.

The left has been trying to destroy the NFL for the last several years and now they've finally found the right combination to do it.

Here is the formula that the left is using to bring down America's favorite past time:

Politics In Everything

Politics is ruining a once fun game. The NFL used to be a way to escape for 3 hours and just enjoy being in America. Now ESPN and the NFL itself has become so political that you want to change the channel and watch some mindless reality show just to get away from the constant preaching the media does. They have an entire month where players wear pink but now the left wants them to wear another color in November in support of Blacklivesmatter and Antifa celebrating, get this, PROTEST MONTH. This is going way too far. The commissioner is a political-correct asshole that punishes player for crimes they never were convicted of. During the last NFL Draft this jackass was booed off the stage because of his heavy handed approach to punishment. It's purely political.

Black Players Protesting

Nobody cares that you hate your country. Nothing speaks ignorance more than a bunch of spoiled millionaires who are protesting slavery and oppression. Just shut up and play asshole!!! It seems that the only people that refuse to stand for the national anthem are black players who make more money than you or I will ever make in our lives. They just don't see the overt racism they're showing and utter hypocrisy of it all. With the spectacle that BLM has made of themselves fewer and fewer people want to spend their time watching a bunch of overpaid blacks complain about the fact that they feel oppressed even though they are much more fortunate than the rest of us. You're trying the public's patience.

Injuries Are Piling Up

Liberals have been whining for years about how violent the game is and now they claim there is an invisible condition (that nobody can diagnose until you're dead) that is effecting every player who ever played the game. Even Aaron Hernandez claims the reason he was a thug was because of CTE. Sorry, but this idiot was a thug long before he became a football player. Is Aaron Hernandez' behavior explained by brain disease? | FOX Sports Nevermind the massive increase in injuries. It seems that the game has become much more violent these days, with constant examples of players who are out there trying to intentionally end the careers of other players. I think there would be less injuries if players didn't feel that in order to win they have to cripple other players.

Too Many Televised Games

Used to be all we had was games on Sunday and one game on Monday Night. Now we have Thursday night games, Sunday night games, and Monday night games. College football is on Saturday and except for Friday your whole weekend is shot watching football. The primary advantage that the NFL has over any other sport was you could count on seeing a game at 12pm Sunday and another at 4pm. No other sport had this schedule written in stone. Now if you miss a game you can always catch one of the late night games.

The NFL has given into political-correctness so they have nobody but themselves to blame for it. It has become a prime example of what happens when liberals take control of anything. They totally fuck it up.

Trump said that players that protest the National Anthem should be fired.

Now the very unpopular NFL commissioner is mouthing off at Trump about it.

This is why the NFL is going down the toilet.

NFL head: Trump's 'divisive comments' show a 'lack of respect'

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell fired back at President Trump on Saturday for encouraging league owners to remove players who take a knee during the national anthem, saying Trump’s “divisive comments” show “an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL.”

“The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture,” Goodell said in a statement. “There is no better example than the amazing response from our clubs and players to the terrible natural disasters we've experienced over the last month.”

“Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities.”
The NFL chief's comments came the morning after Trump told a crowd at a rally for Alabama Senate candidate (R) that NFL players will stop kneeling if fans left games.

"When people like yourselves turn on television and you see those people taking the knee when they are playing our great national anthem – the only thing you could do better is if you see it, even if it's one player, leave the stadium," Trump said. "I guarantee things will stop."

Trump also said NFL owners should fire players if they refuse to stand during the national anthem.

"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a b---- off the field right now,'" he continued, adding, "'He is fired.'"

The comments came during a broader critique of the league's actions, during which he also accused NFL referees of "ruining the game" by penalizing players who "hit too hard."

“Today, if you hit too hard … 15 yards, throw him out of the game,” Trump said. “They are ruining the game, right?”​

Cowboys_49ers_Football.JPEG-07ff0_c0-203-3600-2301_s885x516.jpg

I know it's hard to believe, but the NFL is losing fans by the truckload.

The left has been trying to destroy the NFL for the last several years and now they've finally found the right combination to do it.

Here is the formula that the left is using to bring down America's favorite past time:

Politics In Everything

Politics is ruining a once fun game. The NFL used to be a way to escape for 3 hours and just enjoy being in America. Now ESPN and the NFL itself has become so political that you want to change the channel and watch some mindless reality show just to get away from the constant preaching the media does. They have an entire month where players wear pink but now the left wants them to wear another color in November in support of Blacklivesmatter and Antifa celebrating, get this, PROTEST MONTH. This is going way too far. The commissioner is a political-correct asshole that punishes player for crimes they never were convicted of. During the last NFL Draft this jackass was booed off the stage because of his heavy handed approach to punishment. It's purely political.

Black Players Protesting

Nobody cares that you hate your country. Nothing speaks ignorance more than a bunch of spoiled millionaires who are protesting slavery and oppression. Just shut up and play asshole!!! It seems that the only people that refuse to stand for the national anthem are black players who make more money than you or I will ever make in our lives. They just don't see the overt racism they're showing and utter hypocrisy of it all. With the spectacle that BLM has made of themselves fewer and fewer people want to spend their time watching a bunch of overpaid blacks complain about the fact that they feel oppressed even though they are much more fortunate than the rest of us. You're trying the public's patience.

Injuries Are Piling Up

Liberals have been whining for years about how violent the game is and now they claim there is an invisible condition (that nobody can diagnose until you're dead) that is effecting every player who ever played the game. Even Aaron Hernandez claims the reason he was a thug was because of CTE. Sorry, but this idiot was a thug long before he became a football player. Is Aaron Hernandez' behavior explained by brain disease? | FOX Sports Nevermind the massive increase in injuries. It seems that the game has become much more violent these days, with constant examples of players who are out there trying to intentionally end the careers of other players. I think there would be less injuries if players didn't feel that in order to win they have to cripple other players.

Too Many Televised Games

Used to be all we had was games on Sunday and one game on Monday Night. Now we have Thursday night games, Sunday night games, and Monday night games. College football is on Saturday and except for Friday your whole weekend is shot watching football. The primary advantage that the NFL has over any other sport was you could count on seeing a game at 12pm Sunday and another at 4pm. No other sport had this schedule written in stone. Now if you miss a game you can always catch one of the late night games.

The NFL has given into political-correctness so they have nobody but themselves to blame for it. It has become a prime example of what happens when liberals take control of anything. They totally fuck it up.

NFL became the worlds most followed sport because it lectured us on political issues, law breaking players, spoiled whiney players making tens of millions of dollars, etc etc

At least that's what they think.

I think a lot of it has to do with people being bored and that there is little in common with the Middle Class. Watching millionaires pay a game and then whine about it gets old. We are ready for a new sport to root for.

I think a lot of it has to do with people being bored and that there is little in common with the Middle Class. Watching millionaires pay a game and then whine about it gets old. We are ready for a new sport to root for.
Nope.....take the politics out of the NFL and you'll have a good sport.

I don't see politics during the course of the game. Do you?

Exactly. Nobody is determining their watching habits based on 5 seconds of a 3 hour game. If they are then these losers should be shot for taking up space.

The NFL, marriage, family, morality, personal responsibility....it has long been the mission of the left to undermine such things.

glad i never paid any attention to these azzwipes that sportsfans worship and i'm 68 years old . Anyway , get ready for some FOOOOOOTBALL and some liberal political action in November . I heard yesterday that 'nfl' and a guy name 'goodel' are being pressured to sponsor some liberal causes like jail overcrowding with the wrong color inmates .

The millionaire faux outrages are annoying, but not the reason ticket sales are collapsing. Nor are they the reason why viewership is falling.
That belongs to Fantasy Football.
Fantasy Football is more popular than the sport it is based on. And it is the NFL's own fault.
They promoted the sh*t out of FF, and even have a channel basically devoted to it. During half time they devote 1/3 of the show to FF. They have changed rules and modeling officiating the NBA uses to increase scoring.
You have millions of people who can tell you what players play for what team, the outcome of all the games, who are the best players, how they did last game etc. etc. etc. - but have never watched an actual game in their life! And don't really even support a team!
Fantasy football is killing the sport.
End of story.

my conspiracy is that they want to get rid of Dangerous and murderous , head crushing American football anyway . And then replace it with the wussy world sport of soccer , ------- just a comment .

Exactly. Nobody is determining their watching habits based on 5 seconds of a 3 hour game. If they are then these losers should be shot for taking up space.

You're wrong:

I no longer watch NFL games and will only watch college games as a result of their politicization. I also no longer buy products that support the NFL, no Bud, no Geiko

Soccer is so boring. I can't understand why those fans get so worked up over soccer? American football is much better, IMO. I love watching my team play, but then the coach of my home team would never tolerate those behaviors mentioned in the OP. Football is supposed to be fun and entertaining. They need to leave their politics out of it and do what they are paid to do, play football!

You're wrong:

I no longer watch NFL games and will only watch college games as a result of their politicization. I also no longer buy products that support the NFL, no Bud, no Geiko

You don't matter.

That's because all liberals are in constant denial that they ever do anything bad for the country.

Forum List

Back