Why the new found concern on the right for racism?

But to call a group of people racists based on "the facts" requires some "facts" to back it up....

Please re-read what I wrote. I called racists racists. I said they have found a more comfortable fit in the Republican Party these days. I specifically said all Republicans are not racists.

The facts that support my contention that racists have found the GOP a more accomodating party:
TN candidate for chair of National GOP; candidate for nat'l young republicans chair, SC election commissioner; The late GOP strategist Lee Atwater once said that party officials could no longer openly use the word ****** but they could use code words like “welfare queens” and did so to ensure that Southern whites would flee the Democratic Party, George Wallace, David Duke, Diane Black, ....

McCain (to his everlasting credit) was the only Republican I heard castigating unruly racists at GOP rallies for racial slurs.

What I have mentioned above is only the tip of the iceberg.

Denial is not a river in Eygpt.

please offer me a republican initiative that does not apply to all races equally.

I repeat, laws/policies can be crafted that apply to all races equally, but still foster inequality.

A republican initiative that meets this criteria is school vouchers.

Please elaborate as to how. Seriopusly. I am not being sarcastic....how does it forster inequality?

School vouchers is a program that takes money away from public education and re-directs it to private education. On principle alone I oppose public funding of private enterprise.

That said, the beneficiaries of a school voucher program would be disproportionately white. I concede that this is an assumption on my part, but one that nobody has ever been able to reasonably refute.

Hate crime laws are also applied to whites. In fact they apply for all these reasons:

race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.

In other words, everyone is covered.

LMAO....you gotta be kidding me.

I am looking forward to hearing about the white anglo saxon straight male that accuses a gay black male for a hate crime...and the gay black male is found guilty of such.

And you actually see it as possible.

Sad....no....pathetic how blind you are.
What I find pathetic is that you believe only white men are charged with hate crimes. No doubt because you suffer greatly from confirmation bias and have never bothered to think beyond your own selfish motivations.

But to call a group of people racists based on "the facts" requires some "facts" to back it up....

Please re-read what I wrote. I called racists racists. I said they have found a more comfortable fit in the Republican Party these days. I specifically said all Republicans are not racists.

The facts that support my contention that racists have found the GOP a more accomodating party:
TN candidate for chair of National GOP; candidate for nat'l young republicans chair, SC election commissioner; The late GOP strategist Lee Atwater once said that party officials could no longer openly use the word ****** but they could use code words like “welfare queens” and did so to ensure that Southern whites would flee the Democratic Party, George Wallace, David Duke, Diane Black, ....

McCain (to his everlasting credit) was the only Republican I heard castigating unruly racists at GOP rallies for racial slurs.

What I have mentioned above is only the tip of the iceberg.

Denial is not a river in Eygpt.

I respect your response...but I see where you and I have a disconnect.

You are assuming that all racists are white....and I know you dont assume that...but that is where your argument is.

Personally, I see racism in ALL races and yes...in ALL categories.

Gays often assume I am against them...when, in fact I am not. THAT is prejudice on THEIR part.

I had a chinese employee quit on his first day as he said he cant work for Jews....and yes, I am a Jew.....ya think he is a republican?

I have defended numerous racial discrimination cases aginst me as an employer....never lost one.....as I ha all documentation showing thwey were terminated based on theft, absenteeism....and one I had the tape showing him smoking a joint on the premises.

They were racists...not me. Ya think they were republicans?

Do WHITE racists find comfort in the GOP? Perhaps.

Where do you think BLACK racists find comfort?

Gays racists? How many gays do you know that are republicans? Do you truly believe there are no Gay racists?

I think you see my point.

Just another attempt by the Republicans to get minorities to vote for them.

I say it will fail yet again.

I think that the poor and oppressed should con't to vote for dems. After all if you look at the cities and states that are controlled by dems, the standard of living is much better than it is in conservative areas (not).

Futility: continuing to do the same thing and expect different results. Vote for the dems.

Hate crime laws are also applied to whites. In fact they apply for all these reasons:

race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.

In other words, everyone is covered.

I am looking forward to hearing about the white anglo saxon straight male that accuses a gay black male for a hate crime...and the gay black male is found guilty of such.

What I find pathetic is that you believe only white men are charged with hate crimes. No doubt because you suffer greatly from confirmation bias and have never bothered to think beyond your own selfish motivations.

Uh...

Ok.

Hope you feel better.

Now get back in line for your freebies before they run out. Only about 3 years left.

Funny how republicans want laws to apply to all equally.

Laws can easily be crafted that apply to all equally but are still far from fostering equality.

Take same-sex marriage prohibitions. Those laws are applied equally, but they certainly undermine equality.

Yeah, Yeah and I can't marry my car and have tax benefits for it either.
You have the same opportunity that anyone else in this country has. You just want "additional rights". You can marry the opposite sex. See, you are equal. You might not be able to find someone of the opposite sex you want to marry, so join the hundreds of thousands that are in the same boat: unmarried.

Uh...

Ok.

Hope you feel better.

Now get back in line for your freebies before they run out. Only about 3 years left.
Hey, I didn't expect to admit you were wrong about hate crimes so I'm not surprised. So far you are proving to be one of the most intellectually dishonest of the new wave of posters. Good job!

Forum List

Back