Why the Media Mania Over the Kavanaugh Situation?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Everywhere one turns is some story about this poor, beset-upon woman and how the whole world is mistreating her.

Why?

Could it be so they don’t have to report on other, more important news?

We have reports of the Deputy Attorney General planning to sabotage the duly-elected president of the US.

Amazing responses of federal and local agencies to the aftermath of Florence.

Further advances in seeking peace in the Korean peninsula.

And on and on.

There is one story if true interest and importance to me that has been totally ignored by the Lame Street Media.

During his stop in Las Vegas, President Trump took the time to visit the VA hospital in the northern part of the valley. He met with staff, patients, and any and all veterans who were there at the time. They loved him.

But, most important, he signed a funding bill allocating funds for further improvements in the VA. And, it included money to upgrade and repair infrastructure on military bases here and around the world. Dependent housing and schools. Just about everything not funded through other means such as exchange sales and rent from civilian outlets on base. Something sorely lacking during the Obama years.

Do you think the public is being fooled by this? I don’t and it will show up in November.

Media for the most part is the right arm of the Democrats. I think much of the public is fooled by it.

We'll see November 6.

Because you're about to get liberal judge in 2019, as chosen by the Democrats and the media are giddy with the gift they have received. Who needs to win elections to choose the S.C?

Appears this will be the new M.O going forward. Woman will come forward decades later, claim an assault and a politician (if he is Republican) will be destroyed.

They will have to find a similar angle for women.

Last edited:
Any story that paints a negative light on Trump or his supporters spread like wildfire throughout the networks then social media literally within seconds.
Soundbites are crafted, and can be heard repeated by all talking heads, then repeated by unthinking idiots or shills on sites such as this.
There are many posters here that I believe are nothing but socks, posting the same repeated points ad nausum, to derail constructive conversation and broadbrush an entire segment of society. Division Pimps rule the day.

Do both sides do it?
Absolutely.
However, the last two years has seen an unprecedented push of a narrative from the left to end an administration regardless of the consequences.

partisanship makes conflict
what is the most entertaining thing about movies/sports/books/stories/etc???!!!
CONFLICT
humans love conflict
you see it in movies/soap operas/reality shows/etc--conflict
you have the Dem/Rep conflict
Lib vs Con
black vs white

Everywhere one turns is some story about this poor, beset-upon woman and how the whole world is mistreating her.

Why?

We have reports of the Deputy Attorney General planning to sabotage the duly-elected president of the US.

Okay... so, yeah, a Deputy Attorney General is so concerned about the President's erratic behavior he thinks we should invoke the 25th Amendment. And he's one of yours.

It's personally LOVE to have a national discussion about that.

Sorry, people doing their jobs right isn't news.

You mean after the North Koreans rolled Trump?

There is one story if true interest and importance to me that has been totally ignored by the Lame Street Media.

During his stop in Las Vegas, President Trump took the time to visit the VA hospital in the northern part of the valley. He met with staff, patients, and any and all veterans who were there at the time. They loved him.

But, most important, he signed a funding bill allocating funds for further improvements in the VA. And, it included money to upgrade and repair infrastructure on military bases here and around the world. Dependent housing and schools. Just about everything not funded through other means such as exchange sales and rent from civilian outlets on base. Something sorely lacking during the Obama years.

Every president does this kind of stuff... and it usually isn't news.

Do you think the public is being fooled by this? I don’t and it will show up in November.

The Public said no in 2016
They'll say No again in 2018.

The only question is, will the system listen this time.

Here's the big problem your side has with Kavanaugh. You are going to have a bunch of old white guys cross examining a woman about something that was truly an awful event. Then they'll force a vote and either Murkowski and Collins will go along with it in the whole senate or they won't.

But it will be a reminder to women how much they matter to the GOP.

Why?

Okay... so, yeah, a Deputy Attorney General is so concerned about the President's erratic behavior he thinks we should invoke the 25th Amendment. And he's one of yours.

It's personally LOVE to have a national discussion about that.

Sorry, people doing their jobs right isn't news.

You mean after the North Koreans rolled Trump?

Every president does this kind of stuff... and it usually isn't news.

The Public said no in 2016
They'll say No again in 2018.

The only question is, will the system listen this time.

Here's the big problem your side has with Kavanaugh. You are going to have a bunch of old white guys cross examining a woman about something that was truly an awful event. Then they'll force a vote and either Murkowski and Collins will go along with it in the whole senate or they won't.

But it will be a reminder to women how much they matter to the GOP.
why bring in race???!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

Nasty, cynical, dishonest, blatant, shameless political opportunism.

America, 2018.

I think I'd want to know if we are about to put an attempted rapist on the Supreme court.

Oh, what dark days we live in when entitled rich white boys can't molest women at will.

Stormy Mac, defender of White Male Privilege!
you are undeniably racist

Nasty, cynical, dishonest, blatant, shameless political opportunism.

America, 2018.

I think I'd want to know if we are about to put an attempted rapist on the Supreme court.

Oh, what dark days we live in when entitled rich white boys can't molest women at will.

Stormy Mac, defender of White Male Privilege!
RACE RACE RACE
that's the only thing on your mind
we could be talking about installing siding on a house, and you would bring up race

Because nobody wants an attempted rapist and liar under oath who is hiding tens of thousands of pages from his Bush years on SCOTUS?
Yeah probably. But we know - Donald is great, Donald is good, the Deep State is out to get him and everyone loves him! :rolleyes-41:

Because while white males only make up 35% of the population...

They make up 77% of the Senate...

Only 21 women are on the Senate, and only 3 black people.

Hmmmm....

Want you to think about that for a minute.

No, on second thought, I don't want you to think about it, the resulting flood of racism and misogyny might be too much before breakfast.

Because nobody wants an attempted rapist and liar under oath who is hiding tens of thousands of pages from his Bush years on SCOTUS?
Yeah probably. But we know - Donald is great, Donald is good, the Deep State is out to get him and everyone loves him! :rolleyes-41:
Speaking of unthinking shills.
Here is the Dr. right on cue.

42168.jpg

Because while white males only make up 35% of the population...

They make up 77% of the Senate...

Only 21 women are on the Senate, and only 3 black people.

Hmmmm....

Want you to think about that for a minute.

No, on second thought, I don't want you to think about it, the resulting flood of racism and misogyny might be too much before breakfast.
too late Joe, you made the Freudian Slip
you are racist--
this has NOTHING to do with race--just like the jackass criminals being shot

Ratings................it's the top pushed agenda driven story right now.............Next week it will be the Budget showdown and Gov't shutdown.........

This will end this week.

42168.jpg
You are not very clever either.
Pathetic little sock.

42168.jpg
You are not very clever either.
Pathetic little sock.

I've read your posts - One was actually one too many :wink:

Forum List

Back