Why the lib media made a big deal of Betty Ford's passing

Betty Ford was pro-ERA and pro-abortion - the sort of "republican" the lib media loves. She didn't do anything much in her life but found a drunk tank in palm desert.

By contrast, a couple years ago William F. Buckley died - he was founder of the modern american conservative movement, the intellect behind the political views of at least half of americans. You would have missed the scant lib media coverage if you blinked.

William F. Buckley got thrown under the Neocon bus before he died.....but that being said, I remember coverage of his death and funeral, even tho he wasn't a former First Lady.

Read up, dumbass. :rolleyes:

He sounds like a real bore. I mean what did he do for America? Seems he was some RW nutjob.

One of the premier intellects if the last 50 years. Yeah, I know you didn't hear about him your ghetto school.

Betty Ford left a legacy.

She turned into a druggie and a drunk because she was upset that her husband lost the presidential race to a cracker peanut farmer. :lmao:

Patrick, you really don't have any clue about Betty Ford's contribution to society at all. You focus on a couple things that you totally disagree with and then stop your thinking process, period. Are you THAT far gone?
Betty Ford's work with helping people with their addictions saved many people's lives. The example she set for people fighting addictions has inspired millions. It's obvious you have no clue about addiction. Substance addiction has been declared a disease by the AMA as it starts with a chemical imbalance, it's a mental health disease. Even after people end their treatment, every day is a battle, thus "One Day at a Time".
Glenn Beck is a recovering addict, every day he he fights a battle to stay sober. Even though I disagree heavily with him politically, I have huge respect for him because of his winning his battle with addiction.
Next time you post, maybe you should study the subject in it's entirety and then maybe you won't post such complete ignorance and make a fool out of yourself.

Last edited:
He sounds like a real bore. I mean what did he do for America? Seems he was some RW nutjob.

One of the premier intellects if the last 50 years. Yeah, I know you didn't hear about him your ghetto school.

She turned into a druggie and a drunk because she was upset that her husband lost the presidential race to a cracker peanut farmer. :lmao:

Betty Ford's work with helping people with their addictions saved many people's lives. The example she set for people fighting addictions has inspired millions. It's obvious you have no clue about addiction. Substance addiction has been declared a disease by the AMA as it starts with a chemical imbalance, it's a mental health disease. Even after people end their treatment, every day is a battle, thus "One Day at a Time".

How many MILLIONS of human beings did she help cause to die with her support of the Abortion Holocaust? Especially minority children? Get your head out of the liberal shit bag and get a clue.

How many MILLIONS of human beings did she help cause to die with her support of the Abortion Holocaust? Especially minority children? Get your head out of the liberal shit bag and get a clue.

Awwww, look! It's a baby troll.

Read up, dumbass. :rolleyes:

You don't like her because she was a drug user, do you share that criticism of Limbaugh?

Google

That link is to a google search of Betty Ford and Fox News, you'll find pages and pages of articles of them speaking highly of her.

Do you include Fox News as a source of liberal media?

You don't like her because she was a drug user, do you share that criticism of Limbaugh?

Google

That link is to a google search of Betty Ford and Fox News, you'll find pages and pages of articles of them speaking highly of her.

Wrong. I didn't like her because she supported the Abortion Holocaust, and the "equal rights amendment".

Google

Wrong. I didn't like her because she supported the Abortion Holocaust, and the "equal rights amendment".

Then why did you throw in that she was a druggie if that's not an aspect of someone that would cause you to dislike them?

Any comment on my link regarding Fox and their enormous positive coverage of her when she passed?

Do you know I support wholesale abortions? Well, I don't. I only support abortions in the case of rape, incest or the mother's life is in danger.
Secondly, some of you far right folks seem to only care about children before they are born, after that, many on the right could care less about a child's well-being. (see CHIPS).
Thirdly, I have high doubts that Betty Ford's opinion about abortions had any effect on the amount of abortions performed. She didn't push the cause, she just had an opinion. Betty Ford was Pro-choice. Nancy Reagan is Pro-Choice, even though she is against abortion but then is for stem cell research to the point of being an avocate. (Go figure) I guess when Nanvy Reagan dies, you'll berate her too. Interestlingly, all living First Ladies are Pro-Choice.
You also hate Ford because she was for Women's Rights/Equal Rights and in this case was active, unbelievable. I LOVE women and firmly believe in equal right for women. You certainly seem to have Cro-Magnon intellect.

Last edited:

Do you know I support wholesale abortions? Well, I don't. I only support abortions in the case of rape, incest or the mother's life is in danger.

OK, but you're not like most leftwingers, for whom the only bad abortion is the one that doesn't happen.

Secondly, some of you far right folks seem to only care about children before they are born, after that, many on the right could care less about a child's well-being.

Bullshit - pure ugly defamation.

Thirdly, I have high doubts that Betty Ford's opinion about abortions had any effect on the amount of abortions performed. She didn't push the cause, she just had an opinion. Betty Ford was Pro-choice.

More bullshit. Eg, look at what this pro-abortion site says:

Using her powerful position as First Lady, Betty Ford spoke her own views with her own voice, and, in turn, spoke for women everywhere. Not since Eleanor Roosevelt has a First Lady made such an open commitment to the American public—and Betty Ford made that commitment to the well-being of American women.
Betty Ford: Abortion is NOT a Partisan Issue « Choice Matters

You also hate Ford because she was for Women's Rights/Equal Rights and in this case was active, unbelievable. I LOVE women and firmly believe in equal right for women. You certainly seem to have Cro-Magnon intellect.

One can tell it's useless to even TRY to get you to grasp the difference between what the ERA would have meant in practice, and most peoples' conception of what equal rights for women means. :rolleyes:

OK, but you're not like most leftwingers, for whom the only bad abortion is the one that doesn't happen.

I'm not a leftwinger, I'm a moderate or to the far right a RINO.

Bullshit - pure ugly defamation.

The GOP has never been CHIPS friendly,,prove me wrong.

More bullshit. Eg, look at what this pro-abortion site says:

Using her powerful position as First Lady, Betty Ford spoke her own views with her own voice, and, in turn, spoke for women everywhere. Not since Eleanor Roosevelt has a First Lady made such an open commitment to the American public—and Betty Ford made that commitment to the well-being of American women.
Betty Ford: Abortion is NOT a Partisan Issue « Choice Matters

The above described Betty Ford as a woman for women. It doesn't specifically point to any specific stand but it is addressing all her stands. I really like women who have opinions and aren't afraid to air them. Maybe you like air-heads who are into servitude for their husband, I don't. I like having a wife who offers up her ideas and opinions. It is 2011 isn't it?

One can tell it's useless to even TRY to get you to grasp the difference between what the ERA would have meant in practice, and most peoples' conception of what equal rights for women means. :rolleyes:
That's YOUR opinion, not mine. My parents taught me to be open-minded because you go further in life.

The above described Betty Ford as a woman for women. It doesn't specifically point to any specific stand but it is addressing all her stands.

Yoiu can't read. The very TITLE speaks of abortion. It praises her for being pro-abortion. The implication that all women are pro-abortion is disgusting and stupid.

Forum List

Back