Why the Left Loathes Western Civilization

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Maybe they should MOVE, you know GTFO...
The motivation behind leftist hate for the West.
April 27, 2016
Dennis Prager
intro_about.jpg

Wherever there is conflict between the West — identified as white, capitalist or of European roots — and the non-West, the left portrays the West as the villain.

I am referring to the left, not to liberals. The latter generally venerates Western civilization. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, for example, frequently spoke of defending "Christian civilization." Today, the left would likely revile any Westerner who used such language as xenophobic, racist, and fascist.

The left similarly describes any suggestion that anything Western is superior to anything non-Western. Likewise, it dismisses virtually all Western achievements, but regards criticism of anything non-Western as racist, chauvinistic, imperialist, colonialist, xenophobic, etc.

That is why the left is so protective of Islam. America's left-wing president, Barack Obama, will not use, and does not seem to allow the government to use, the words "Islamic terrorism." And, criticism of Islam is labeled "Islamophobic," thereby morally equating any such criticism with racism. It is not that the left is sympathetic to Islam, for it has contempt for all religions. It is that many Muslims loathe the West, and the enemies of my enemy (the West) must be protected.

That is why the left loathes Israel. If the left actually cared about human rights, women's rights, gay rights, or freedom of speech, religion and press, it would be wildly pro-Israel. But Israel, in the left's view, is white, European and colonialist, or in other words, Western. And the Palestinians are non-Western.

So, the Big Question is, why? Why is the left hostile toward Western civilization?

After decades of considering this question, I have concluded the answer is this: standards.

The left hates standards — moral standards, artistic standards, cultural standards. The West is built on all three, and it has excelled in all three.

In this regard, the protection of Islam by the left is so thorough that one cannot even say such obvious truths such as that the status of women has been far superior in the Judeo-Christian West than in the Islamic world. The veil women wear, for example, is dehumanizing. Yet, in a speech at the annual convention of the Islamic Society of North America, a rabbi who, at the time, was the president of the Union for Reform Judaism, said that a woman's voluntary choice to wear a head scarf "deserves our respect."

And finally, we come to the left's loathing of the religions of Western civilization — the Judeo-Christian religions, which have clear standards of right and wrong.

Bible-based religions affirm a morally judging God. For the left, that is anathema. For the left, the only judging allowed is leftists' judging of others. No one judges the left — neither man nor God.

Yes please! I'm laughing too hard! :laugh:

You bailed on another topic when I started posting links that proved my contentions......seems that once you get your ass thoroughly kicked that you move onto greener pastures in an attempt to lamely flame. You are not the type of poster that has any strength in his convictions and you scurry away when you are in over your head....gotta suck for you.

You bailed on another topic when I started posting links that proved my contentions......seems that once you get your ass thoroughly kicked that you move onto greener pastures in an attempt to lamely flame. You are not the type of poster that has any strength in his convictions and you scurry away when you are in over your head....gotta suck for you.
Because you're a crazy person not worth responding to

April 27, 2016
Dennis Prager
intro_about.jpg

Wherever there is conflict between the West — identified as white, capitalist or of European roots — and the non-West, the left portrays the West as the villain.

I am referring to the left, not to liberals. The latter generally venerates Western civilization. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, for example, frequently spoke of defending "Christian civilization." Today, the left would likely revile any Westerner who used such language as xenophobic, racist, and fascist.

The left similarly describes any suggestion that anything Western is superior to anything non-Western. Likewise, it dismisses virtually all Western achievements, but regards criticism of anything non-Western as racist, chauvinistic, imperialist, colonialist, xenophobic, etc.

That is why the left is so protective of Islam. America's left-wing president, Barack Obama, will not use, and does not seem to allow the government to use, the words "Islamic terrorism." And, criticism of Islam is labeled "Islamophobic," thereby morally equating any such criticism with racism. It is not that the left is sympathetic to Islam, for it has contempt for all religions. It is that many Muslims loathe the West, and the enemies of my enemy (the West) must be protected.

That is why the left loathes Israel. If the left actually cared about human rights, women's rights, gay rights, or freedom of speech, religion and press, it would be wildly pro-Israel. But Israel, in the left's view, is white, European and colonialist, or in other words, Western. And the Palestinians are non-Western.

So, the Big Question is, why? Why is the left hostile toward Western civilization?

After decades of considering this question, I have concluded the answer is this: standards.

The left hates standards — moral standards, artistic standards, cultural standards. The West is built on all three, and it has excelled in all three.

In this regard, the protection of Islam by the left is so thorough that one cannot even say such obvious truths such as that the status of women has been far superior in the Judeo-Christian West than in the Islamic world. The veil women wear, for example, is dehumanizing. Yet, in a speech at the annual convention of the Islamic Society of North America, a rabbi who, at the time, was the president of the Union for Reform Judaism, said that a woman's voluntary choice to wear a head scarf "deserves our respect."

And finally, we come to the left's loathing of the religions of Western civilization — the Judeo-Christian religions, which have clear standards of right and wrong.

Bible-based religions affirm a morally judging God. For the left, that is anathema. For the left, the only judging allowed is leftists' judging of others. No one judges the left — neither man nor God.

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

Too bad about everyone right of center hating the Constitution.

You know, freedom of religion.

Last time I looked, nearly all the attacks against the Constitution—against freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of association as all found or implied in the First Amendment; the right to keep and bear arms, as found in the Second Amendment, property rights as found in the Fifth Amendment, and more—were all coming from the left wrong, not from the right.

Because you're a crazy person not worth responding to

I posted links.....I have my bases covered. This isn't something I take lightly nor is it anything I like to have to talk about...frankly, it makes me sick to think that this is going on....but unlike you, I can't put my head in the sand and pretend that it isn't happening. You see, I know more than you...infinitely more. I am not here to beat anyone down...I am here to wake people up to what is happening to us. Ignore at your own peril.

Why the Left Hates America
by Dennis Prager July 28, 2015

This past week, one of the greatest differences between the Left and Right — both around the world and in America — once again came to light: how each views America. Every year for the past 67 years, the Jefferson-Jackson Dinner has been the major fundraising event for the Connecticut State Democratic party. Not anymore. The party unanimously voted to drop the two Democratic presidents’ names because they were slaveholders.

That is the way the Left sees American history. Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence, the document that articulated the principle of human rights endowed by the Creator (thereby ultimately ensuring the end of slavery) and led to the establishment of the country that has served as the beacon of hope for people of every race and ethnicity. More black Africans have voluntarily emigrated to the United States to seek liberty and opportunity than came to America as slaves.

But that is not how the Left views Jefferson or America.

RELATED: We Have Officially Reached Peak Leftism

Conservatives view America as President Abraham Lincoln viewed it — as the “Last Best Hope of Earth.” But the further left one goes, the more negative the assessment of today’s America and the America of the past.

Read more at: Why the Left Hates America, by Dennis Prager, National Review

Too bad about everyone right of center hating the Constitution.

You know, freedom of religion.

Which Constitution is that? The organic one that was written in 1787 or the corporate charter constitution that was passed with the Act of 1871 that made everyone a 14th amendment citizen subject to the acts, statutes and codes of this newly formed corporation operating under admiralty law and the Universal Commercial Code instead of the law of the land???
Do tell????

April 27, 2016
Dennis Prager
intro_about.jpg

This fails as a straw man fallacy.
claytonsucks02.jpg

GOP Rep Receives Email Threat After Virginia Shooting: ‘One Down, 216 to Go’
The leftist "resistance" has led to this.

News

Trey Sanchez

After Republican lawmakers were targeted and one injured at a ballfield in Alexandria, Virginia, on Wednesday morning, a New York congresswoman received an email with an ominous message: “One down, 216 to go.”

Hannah Andrews, the spokeswoman for Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-NY), said it isn’t unusual for their office to receive threatening emails, but noted this message was “particularly disheartening following this morning's tragic events."

“This morning, our office received a disturbing message referencing the tragic shooting that wounded House Whip Rep. Steve Scalise, U.S. Capitol Police officers and a Congressional staff member," Andrews said. "Although our office receives threats like these regularly, today’s message was particularly disheartening following this morning’s tragic events."

The body of the email stated:

emailthreat_0.jpeg

GOP Rep Receives Email Threat After Virginia Shooting: ‘One Down, 216 to Go’

New Topics

Forum List

Back