why the left hates glen beck

The exact point I have been skirting around. Beck may serve the message in a way that many do not appreciate.....but why is his style of broadcasting more important than the disturbing facts themselves.

Likewise.....I need to ask...does it not bother ANYONE that such information has been ignored by NBC, CBS and ABC?

Sure.....attack beck...his approach deserves it.....but how in the world does this stuff stay under the radar....even AFTER beck exposes it?

All they do is attack beck...I say time is to forget beck and ask....

"why does no one care about the valid facts that the fear monger, hate monger has exposed?"
For example, the evidence has been presented - a tape of Dunn stating that she likes Mao's political philosophy.

Logically refuting that requires that you provide evidence that the tape of her speaking is not true. Logically refuting it does NOT involve pointing to the incompetence of others.

Except Beck did not state it quite that way. He used words like "worships" and "idolizes" and "her hero" in describing what she said about Mao Zedong.

http://mediamatters.org/research/200910150044Beck's quote: "This is her hero's work!" After commenting that Mao "killed 70 million people," Beck falsely claimed of Dunn: "It's insanity! This is her hero's work! Seventy million dead!"

Beck suggests Dunn "idolize" Mao. After asking, "America, how many radicals is it going to take?" Beck stated: "[W]e're not just talking about progressives now, we're talking about revolutionaries that idolize Mao."

What she actually said in that segment was that that Mao and Mother Teresa were her two of her "favorite political philosophers" and she cited some quotes in relation to particular situations- a far cry from the implied meaning that she worshipped Mao's ideology. In this, she is in the company of conservative figures have cited quotes or tactics of Mao.

Is that fear mongering?

It doesn't matter to me what Beck said - I filtered him out and fast forwarded through him. I saw the tape of Dunn herself saying that Mao is one of her two favorite political philosophers. That is unacceptable to me.

Her words and her views are beyond inconsistent with the highest levels of a constitutional democracy.

Last edited:
Glenn Beck serves a purpose for the left. Along with Boss Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity the left gets to paint them as the face of the republican party. They get to say "If you support the republicans....here is what you support'

I say let him spout

So you dont care about any of the facts he brings up....you simply care about how he makes a party look bad.

Interesting....says a lot about you.

I never previously accused Beck of lying. Others have and provided their own documentation (The question was, "How many Beck lies can you find by searching 'Glenn Beck lies' in your favorite search engine?":

"Wow, that is impossible to count. Beck's excessive lying problem is so extensive that trying to get an accurate count is impossible. Here's a list that I compiled trying to answer this in the past. You can find all of this in about 5 minutes of searching ... of course, it took me a little longer to wrap it and make it pretty for ya!

1) 5/21/09 I originally wasn’t going to use this because it really doesn’t have to do with politics. I don’t want all the wing nuts to cry “they are liberals” etc just because of the people in it, which really has nothing to do with this. However, Beck is caught in an obvious lie, then his body language goes crazy (like when you’re caught in a lie), then he explains that he is not an investigative reporter, not a reporter, but a commentator who does not check facts at all. Those are his words … not mine. Why would someone go on air and smear someone for no good reason? What kind of jerk would do this?

TV Squad

2) 7/13/09 This next clip is Beck talking about Judge Sotomayor’s first day of conformation hearings for the Supreme Court. Keep in mind that the first day of the hearing consisted of opening statements by each member of the Senate Judiciary Committee and NO actual questioning … Beck obviously didn’t know or care that was the case before he began his bashing:

Think Progress » Glenn Beck complains about softball questions to Sotomayor on day that no questions were asked.

3) 1/7/08 & 5/12/08 This next clip is HILIARIOUS! This is a funny look at Beck being anti-health care at CNN then at Fox, Beck, all of a sudden loves health care. What a hypocrite! It’s funny how the clip is done. Enjoy this one … its funny.

Raw Story

4) 4/21/09 This is a clip from Beck’s radio show. In the midst of urging his listeners to cut down old trees for Earth Day, Glenn Beck argued that carbon dioxide is not poison. Beck asked, “How can carbon dioxide be poison when it is naturally occurring and trees need it to grow?”
3 Steps to Prove that CO2 is Poisonous :
You will need a plastic bag, a role of tape, a friend (This test is also good for convincing your friends who don't believe that they need oxygen to survive).
1). Take the plastic bag, and put it over your head. (Note: Check the plastic bag for any holes before you place it over your head. The test will not work with a ripped or torn bag).
2). Have your friend securely tape the bag around your neck. (You could try to do this on your own, but it is much easier to have a friend do it for you).
3). Breathe normally.
http://www.politicususa.com/en/Glenn-Bec…

5) 7/28/09 These clips show Beck’s racist comments against Obama... He has now lost over 40 sponsors because of these comments. Very Disturbing … how can some of you take this guy seriously or support him in these comments? The first clip is from a center right morning show (on MSNBC) and don’t even come with “they are left wing loons.” The Morning Joe show is NOT a lefty show and the host, Joe Scarborough, who was not there this particular day, is a Republican and the panel is very bipartisan. The second clip is the entire interview on Fox and Friends. I love how Beck can contradict himself in less than 10 seconds … “I’m not saying that he doesn’t like white people … I’m saying he has a problem … he has a … this guy is, I believe, a racist.” Nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtwjrXhB1…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ndc2LX2u…

6) 2/12/09 & 9/21/07 This is hypocrisy at its finest. In this clip Glenn Beck slams Jesse Jackson, saying that calling Barack Obama white is a "racist statement". Beck called Barack Obama "very white" on his radio show on February 12th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0tgvWxC_…

7) 1/22/09 Glenn Beck lies about Obama’s swearing in by saying, “I checked. We have never had a president sworn into office without a Bible.” The problem here is in 1901 Teddy Roosevelt did not use a bible, Lyndon Johnson used a Catholic missal aboard Air Force One after Kennedy’s assassination, and John Quincy Adams used a constitutional law book instead of the bible. In fact, reading up on the history of the Presidential oath reveals Beck a liar. First clip is Beck’s rant and the second link is on the history of the oath.

Think Progress » Glenn Beck freaks out about the missing Bible at Obama’s do-over swearing in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_off…

8) 9/12 rally Here Beck is on Fox and Friends quoting the university of “I don’t remember,” saying the 9/12 crowd was around 1.7 million people. Meanwhile all independent analysts, like the local fire department, put the crowd at the 9/12 Fox rally at around 50,000 to 70,000, which is more than generous. Beck is caught in another lie!

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/…"

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post - some of the above links (imho) are not lies - imho - but some certrainly appear to be pretty obvious lies. Really doesn't matter to me THAT much - but people were asking for some verifications - so here are some - consider them as you choose.

Last edited:
Glenn Beck serves a purpose for the left. Along with Boss Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity the left gets to paint them as the face of the republican party. They get to say "If you support the republicans....here is what you support'

I say let him spout

I didn't get the memo that informed us that we needed permission to speak now. Is that a new policy of the Obamanation?

Of course you don't need permission to speak. But Glenn needs sponsors to be on the air. I'd just as soon let him open his mouth for a couple hours a day. Its the best political tool the Democrats have

Now I guess from the list I quoted above - people can view each however they see fit. But there is one lie that stands out in my mind above all others:

7) 1/22/09 Glenn Beck lies about Obama’s swearing in by saying, “I checked. We have never had a president sworn into office without a Bible.” The problem here is in 1901 Teddy Roosevelt did not use a bible, Lyndon Johnson used a Catholic missal aboard Air Force One after Kennedy’s assassination, and John Quincy Adams used a constitutional law book instead of the bible. In fact, reading up on the history of the Presidential oath reveals Beck a liar. First clip is Beck’s rant and the second link is on the history of the oath.

Think Progress » Glenn Beck freaks out about the missing Bible at Obama’s do-over swearing in.
http://thinkprogress.org/2009/01/22/glenn-beck-bible/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_office_of_the_President_of_the_United_States

Now, I can understand someone just being mistaken about the Bible at every swearing in issue ... but he said "I checked ..."
He obviously didn't check - and saying "I checked" when you know good and well that you didn't check is not an oversight, or a slip of the tongue, or getting mixed up .... it's just plain lying.

That's my take on it anyway.

Note: I've seen the quote in print in several locations but everytime I try to access a clip - the source says the clip has been removed for terms of use violations - so take that for what it is worth as well.

Last edited:
Now I guess from the list I quoted above - people can view each however they see fit. But there is one lie that stands out in my mind above all others:

Now, I can understand someone just being mistaken about the Bible at every swearing in issue ... but he said "I checked ..."
He obviously didn't check - and saying "I checked" when you know good and well that you didn't check is not an oversight, or a slip of the tongue, or getting mixed up .... it's just plain lying.

And yet, Dunn (and others) are on tape admitting and even bragging about their Marxist and communist ideals.

Those ideals are inconsistent with a constitutional democracy. These persons are at the highest levels of a constitutional democracy. They have taken an oath to defend our constitution.

For example, the evidence has been presented - a tape of Dunn stating that she likes Mao's political philosophy.

Logically refuting that requires that you provide evidence that the tape of her speaking is not true. Logically refuting it does NOT involve pointing to the incompetence of others.

Except Beck did not state it quite that way. He used words like "worships" and "idolizes" and "her hero" in describing what she said about Mao Zedong.

http://mediamatters.org/research/200910150044Beck's quote: "This is her hero's work!" After commenting that Mao "killed 70 million people," Beck falsely claimed of Dunn: "It's insanity! This is her hero's work! Seventy million dead!"

Beck suggests Dunn "idolize" Mao. After asking, "America, how many radicals is it going to take?" Beck stated: "[W]e're not just talking about progressives now, we're talking about revolutionaries that idolize Mao."

What she actually said in that segment was that that Mao and Mother Teresa were her two of her "favorite political philosophers" and she cited some quotes in relation to particular situations- a far cry from the implied meaning that she worshipped Mao's ideology. In this, she is in the company of conservative figures have cited quotes or tactics of Mao.

Is that fear mongering?

It doesn't matter to me what Beck said - I filtered him out and fast forwarded through him. I saw the tape of Dunn herself saying that Mao is one of her two favorite political philosophers. That is unacceptable to me.

Her words and her views are beyond inconsistent with the highest levels of a constitutional democracy.

There is a vast difference between quoting from political or military philosphy and supporting a political ideology. If you think there isn't, than you need to question many quite respected figures:

Stephen Shadegg, a political campaign manager for Goldwater wrote in "How to Win an Election" quoted Mao:[/U] "Give me just two or three men in a village and I will take the village." Shadegg comments: " In the Goldwater campaigns of 1952 and 1958 and in all other campaigns where I have served as consultant I have followed the advice of Mao Tse-tung." "I would suggest," writes senator Goldwater in Why Not Victory? "that we analyze and copy the strategy of the enemy; theirs has worked and ours has not."
(Harper's Magazine, November 1964)

Even President Bush recommended that Rove read Mao's biography.

Military strategists have used his strategies or philosophies.

They are successful. That does not mean they follow or approve of his ideology.

I say let him spout

I didn't get the memo that informed us that we needed permission to speak now. Is that a new policy of the Obamanation?

Of course you don't need permission to speak. But Glenn needs sponsors to be on the air. I'd just as soon let him open his mouth for a couple hours a day. Its the best political tool the Democrats have

He has plenty of sponsors. In fact (although I can't actually evidence it), he has sponsors lining up for his program. The Color of Change tried to destroy him by contacting every sponsor and telling them that they would boycott their products if they didn't withdraw their sponsorship. Unfortunately for them, there's another slightly lesser known but apparently more supported group called Defend Glenn Beck who also contacted every sponsor and told them that they'd boycott if they pulled their sponsorship. Fact is, the sponsors will go where the viewers are so they aren't going anywhere.

Glenn Beck still has his sponsors.

Point of fact: he did accuse Obama of being a racist. So have I - because there is plenty of evidence to suggest that Obama is a racist.

Lets look at the real reasons why the lefty loons hate Beck.

1) Nancy Killifer (Tax cheat) Beck exposed her, she's history!
2) Tom Daschle (Tax cheat) Beck exposed him, he's history!
3) Bill Richardson (Corrupt Clown) Beck exposed him, he's history!
4) Reverend Wright (Racist, anti-american preacher) Beck exposed him, Obama thew him under the bus!
5) Van Jones (communist scumbag) Beck exposed him, he's history!
6) ACORN (Corrupt liberal organization) Beck exposed them, they're history!
7) Charley Rangel (Tax cheat) Beck exposed him, the DNC threw him under the bus.

And now, lets take a look at the lefty dirtbags Beck is going after, and RIGHTFULLY exposing:
1) Kevin Jennings (piece of garbage)
2) Cass Sunstein (insane piece of garbage)
3) Valerie Jarret (corrupt piece of garbage)
4) Anita Dunne (Mao loving piece of garbage)
5) Harold Koh (Sharia law loving, anti-american piece of garbage)
6) Mark Lloyd (Chavez loving, anti-american piece of garbage, and the most dangerous of the bunch)

The above named are going to get hammered. They will be history.

And lets not forget the most important piece of garbage that Beck absolutely MUST continue to expose:
Barack HUSSEIN Obama himself!

Yeah, you lefty's are watching the pillars of your twisted minds crumble by the day.

Thank you Glenn Beck!
You're a true american!

Last edited:
No one hates clowns. They are there to laugh at. It's the right who takes them seriously.

And yet, Dunn (and others) are on tape admitting and even bragging about their Marxist and communist ideals.

Where?

Those ideals are inconsistent with a constitutional democracy. These persons are at the highest levels of a constitutional democracy. They have taken an oath to defend our constitution.

Where have they indicated that they want us to be a communist nation?

Last edited:
Si Modo: I thought we were discussing Beck? You may have a very valid point - but folks are going to think you are just trying to distract attention away from Beck and whether or not he lies or whether or not the left hates him or why the left hates him, etc ....

Is that fear mongering?

There is a vast difference between quoting from political or military philosphy and supporting a political ideology. If you think there isn't, than you need to question many quite respected figures:

Stephen Shadegg, a political campaign manager for Goldwater wrote in "How to Win an Election" quoted Mao:[/U] "Give me just two or three men in a village and I will take the village." Shadegg comments: " In the Goldwater campaigns of 1952 and 1958 and in all other campaigns where I have served as consultant I have followed the advice of Mao Tse-tung." "I would suggest," writes senator Goldwater in Why Not Victory? "that we analyze and copy the strategy of the enemy; theirs has worked and ours has not."
(Harper's Magazine, November 1964)

Even President Bush recommended that Rove read Mao's biography.

Military strategists have used his strategies or philosophies.

They are successful. That does not mean they follow or approve of his ideology.
Again, it doesn't matter to me what Beck said. A White House advisor said herself, on tape and in public, that one of her two favorite political philosophers is Mao.

That view and ideal is inconsistent with someone who has taken an oath to defend the Constitution in a constitutional democracy.

Focus not on what you think I said.

If that is the sort of person with whom you are comfortable having at the highest levels of our government - a constitutional democracy - fine for you. I'm not pleased that so many are passive about this infiltration, though. And, if the passives are not willing to fight it, I will.

Where?

I don't watch Beck so I really don't know for sure about these accusations - did he really say "I checked" did he really lie about the other things? If there are more reasonable explanations, I think they are more germaine to this thread than "dunn and others." Dunn and others may be an important topic to discuss - maybe important enough for their very own thread ??????? - and I'll be interested to look in on that one and hopefully learn something ..... but what I'm looking for HERE is whether Glenn Beck really lied about these things.

Where?

Dunn was on tape saying that Mao and Mother Teresa are who two favorite political philosophers...and she said it to high schoolers....

Call me nuts....but a man who is responsible for 50 million deaths of his own people should NEVER be put on ANY type of pedestal...He could be the best chef in the world but is not worthy of such notation based on his OTHER actions.

Even today, when great gridiron heros are discussed, most overloook Simpson...and the few that do add him ion usually say.."well, if you include Sinpson"...

But she did not even put that "asterisk" next to his name....she simply included him in as her two FAVORITE political philosophers.

Now....if she said....witrh all of his faults, he was spot on with this philosophy...and then went on to point out one smart thing he did or said...I could ALMOST accept it. But listen to the tape...she makes him sound like he should be revered.

It was sickening to listen to.

Si Modo: I thought we were discussing Beck? You may have a very valid point - but folks are going to think you are just trying to distract attention away from Beck and whether or not he lies or whether or not the left hates him or why the left hates him, etc ....
I am no fan of Beck. I'm not here to defend him. I AM here to defend recent information he has revealed.

Regardless of his or anyone's record in other areas, I would be a fool to put my hands over my ears and sing 'la la la la la' just because I may not like the man.

For example, I think A Khan (the father of nuclear proliferation and a real life Bond-type villain) makes a piece of shit look like a potential lover to me. However, when Khan spoke in August during an interview on a Pakistani station, I listened to what he said and I gleaned some valuable information.

Forum List

Back