Why the Left Has Lost Credibility

ciplexian said:
no...no...Michael Moore is a hollywood actor now? which movies did he start in? Armageddon? Titanic? How about Out of Africa? Oh wait, that was Robert Redford...George Soros, however, is a major hollywood star. I can see why... all the girls are after him.

yes....

yes...

no...

is that what the give oscars for? (more sarcasam)

manu1959 said:
yes....

yes...

no...

is that what the give oscars for? (more sarcasam)

Here's something non-sarcastic:

the reason I don't consider michael moore an example of hollywood left is because he made his films while he was an less-known independent producer, not at the bequest or with the use of a major hollywood studio. he was not associated with hollywood but as an independent producer in ala blair witch project. Mel Gibson on the other hand, while Passion of the Christ was produced independently, had been previously associated with major budget (and ficitional) hollywood films such as Ransom, Braveheart, and What Women Want.

ciplexianthe said:
President who allowed the Abu Ghraib tortrue through incompetence indicates that "it is obvious to anyone with a brain that something is wrong."

A totally ridiculous statement. I want you to show me how the President of the United States should have known about the details of the activities in Abu Ghraib. You libs love to throw everything on Pres. Bush's doorstep. But he is the President, he is NOT a company commander. I'd love to see you come up with some evidence on HOW and WHY he should have known IN ADVANCE that this was going to happen. If you can't do that - then put a sock in it. The stupid accusations are getting REALLY old.

Comparing Michael Moore's projects to the Blair Witch Project is naive. Moore may have been unknown prior to Bowling for Columbine, but that documentary won him an Oscar and national notoriety.

At the very least, you have to say that after Bowling for Columbine (i.e. during the filming of Farenheit 9/11) he was a star and had the power of fame and the nod of approval (and lots of cash) from the Hollywood elite on his side.

However, if you look at who appeared in Bowling For Columbine (Marilyn Manson, the men who created South Park, several prominent authors, etc), its quite obvious that Michael Moore was known and operating in Hollywood circles prior to the release of Bowling for Columbine.

He was most certainly NOT a no-name documentary film maker operating "outside the system." One of his greatest talents, however, is being able to convince so many people that he IS a no-name documentary film maker operating outside the Hollywood scene. Its total bullshit, of course, but many, MANY people seem to eat it right up.

Gem said:
Moore may have been unknown prior to Bowling for Columbine,

Sorry to butt in but Moore has been nationally well-known since his film "Roger & Me" in the mid eighties. After that, made a sequel to Roger & ME (the name escapes me right now) and he also had his own nationally syndicated show called "TV Nation."

menewa said:
The humiliations at Abu Ghraib do not equate with beheadings, agreed.

But, the slaughter of thousands of innocent Iraqis in this conflict does. Even though the deaths may be accidental, the end result is equivalent.

But since no one from America is "slaughtering" any innocent Iraqis your point is moot. Simply because the terrorists are killing innocent Iraqis doesnt make us responsible. in fact, if you had any real concern about innocent iraqis you would be standing up for their freedom from this terrorist garbage rather than condoning it.

Forum List

Back