Why the Left Doesn't Care about $9.7 Trillion Debt

Title of the thread should be 'why don't some Americans not care about the 9.7T debt. And we should holding both parties, and our own greed, responsible. Just stating the fucking obvious for the terminally stupid.

I don't disagree that both parties are responsible for the debt but the point of the op was that the Dems in control right now are not Dems, they are leftists and this unsustainable debt is of little consequence to them. In fact it only helps forward their agenda. The leftist's goal is a huge government in charge of a welfare state and that goal takes precedent over everything else. Anyone who can't see that is blind.

Title of the thread should be 'why don't some Americans not care about the 9.7T debt. And we should holding both parties, and our own greed, responsible. Just stating the fucking obvious for the terminally stupid.

Word. I agree.

My argument was simply to point out the fallacy of the OP, which has been echoed in various forms by the right-wing media machine in recent months.

Whichever party did more deficit spending is basically irrelevant, they both did a lot of it.

Last edited:
I don't disagree that both parties are responsible for the debt but the point of the op was that the Dems in control right now are not Dems, they are leftists and this unsustainable debt is of little consequence to them. In fact it only helps forward their agenda. The leftist's goal is a huge government in charge of a welfare state and that goal takes precedent over everything else. Anyone who can't see that is blind.

But then, by extension, you are implying that, since the debt was of little consequence to Reagan, Bush and Bush II, they are all "leftsts", and part of the same "leftist conspiracy".

But then, by extension, you are implying that, since the debt was of little consequence to Reagan, Bush and Bush II, they are all "leftsts", and part of the same "leftist conspiracy".

If any of those presidents had attempted to take over 1/6 of the economy I'd say yes. The leftists running the show now are the ones responsible for spring boarding this country down the road to . . . I don't even know what.

If any of those presidents had attempted to take over 1/6 of the economy I'd say yes. The leftists running the show now are the ones responsible for spring boarding this country down the road to . . . I don't even know what.

The only thing that remotely resembles "taking over" 1/6th of the economy, which would require a complete nationalization of the health care industry, is the proposed "public option", and that didn't even do anything like what you claim.

Seriously, do you people actually believe this stuff, or are you just pushing the propaganda?

Meanwhile, the public option was dropped early on...

The only thing that remotely resembles "taking over" 1/6th of the economy, which would require a complete nationalization of the health care industry, is the proposed "public option", and that didn't even do anything like what you claim.

Seriously, do you people actually believe this stuff, or are you just pushing the propaganda?

Meanwhile, the public option was dropped early on...

It's only gone for now . . . .

God you people are stupid. And blind.

Forum List

Back