Why The Jihadis Act As They Do

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Very interesting article, based on work of Yale historian:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=14660

Excerpt:

2. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Great article Kathianne. But I do have a problem with Yale Military Historian, Mary Habeck and her conclusions. The Jihadists have had the chronology of Muhammad's life, time and activities for centuries but never have they attacked western civilization with such ferosity in the more than 1700 hundred year history of Islam.

From my perspective, I see the Jihadists as activist Islamites who despise themselves and their own failures to stay in step with western civilization plus the failure to convert the remainder of the world's unbelivers to the Qur"an book of Muhammad whose words command these Jihadists to make the entire population of the world followers of Allah god.

Their ideations are primitive drives that are a part of all our human lower brain stems where aggression, reproduction and self preservation are seated. For the most part, the remainder of mankind has been able to suppress the drives all humans express in much less different ways.

If this theory is correct, it will be very difficult for humanity to force these early evolutionary aberrations from such a large group of those who act out these self-despising actions.

It will be a herculean effort by Bush or anyone else in the world.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    There are a whole lot of Arabs who are angry about a variety of things. Are we sure each individual fighter is a jihadist? Some of their motives are certainly suspect. The reason for thier behavior as individuals is a bit difficult to diagnose I would think.

4. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    How does one define 'a whole lot of angry Arabs.' I simply purposed my own deas of why the Arabs are not angry but driven from their primitive instincts inherent in all mankind.

Let's define jihadist and their ability to see previous civilizations who attacked them and how they equate past events in order to struggle with the unbelievers of today:

www.omarfoundation.org/Culture/Educators/Glossary.htm