Why the hell have I been using IE for so long???

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I've used Firefox off and on, here and there, but today I decided to give it my undivided attention.

Holy shit, this program is superior to IE in like every way!

I'll never open IE again.

I've used Firefox off and on, here and there, but today I decided to give it my undivided attention.

Cause you're a boy, and boys are dumb like that? :eusa_angel::lol:

I've found people tend to stick with what they started with. You wouldn't believe how many people still use that absolute piece of junk, completely outdated AOL browser!

By the way, even with IE closed it's still accessing the internet. Open your Windows Media Player (It's IE based) and go File>Work Offline to stop this, and keep checking that and making sure it stays that way.

Welcome to the 21st Century of web browsing!

Thanks to those who lent advice...and Dis.

I'm not good with change, so this is a huge step for me :lol:

On the real though, it's friggin great. I was getting lagging websites today with IE so I decided to try Firefox for the hell of it, and it's Mf-ing LIGHTNING FAST.

Scottrade was giving me problems with slow ass loading and it was killing me, I missed out on a stock spike because of it.

I'm contemplating switching my entire OS now. Fuck, the anxiety that change will cause...:rolleyes:

On the real though, it's friggin great. I was getting lagging websites today with IE so I decided to try Firefox for the hell of it, and it's Mf-ing LIGHTNING FAST.

Scottrade was giving me problems with slow ass loading and it was killing me, I missed out on a stock spike because of it.

I'm contemplating switching my entire OS now. Fuck, the anxiety that change will cause...:rolleyes:
There's lots of add-ons and toys you can get with FF. Go Tools>Add-ons and explore.

And Ubuntu is a great OS, its default browser is FF. And you don't have to give up windows to use it.

I made the switch when I noticed that the keyboard buffer didn't work in IE 7. I would type on a slow laptop at the time and only every third letter would appear. Contacted MS and they just sounded dumbfounded so I tried others, found I like FF the best.

I haven't used IE for almost a year... Foxfire is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much faster and has some nice features...

i recently switched to FF myself
IE8 was a forced upgrade nd it got to the point my old machine just wouldnt handle more than 2 tabs open at a time
so i had no other option if i wanted to keep using this old machine

couldnt take all the updates from firefox .
Chrome updates without letting you know about it.

FF updates in the open, letting you choose if you want the update or not.

Interesting fact: Because Firefox has fewer and less severe publicly known unpatched security vulnerabilities than Internet Explorer (see Comparison of web browsers), improved security is often cited as a reason to switch from Internet Explorer to Firefox.[82][83][84][85] The Washington Post reports that exploit code for critical unpatched security vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer was available for 284 days in 2006. In comparison, exploit code for critical security vulnerabilities in Firefox was available for 9 days before Mozilla shipped a patch to remedy the problem.[86]

Thusly, the advantage of constant updates.

couldnt take all the updates from firefox .
Chrome updates without letting you know about it.

FF updates in the open, letting you choose if you want the update or not.

Interesting fact: Because Firefox has fewer and less severe publicly known unpatched security vulnerabilities than Internet Explorer (see Comparison of web browsers), improved security is often cited as a reason to switch from Internet Explorer to Firefox.[82][83][84][85] The Washington Post reports that exploit code for critical unpatched security vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer was available for 284 days in 2006. In comparison, exploit code for critical security vulnerabilities in Firefox was available for 9 days before Mozilla shipped a patch to remedy the problem.[86]

Thusly, the advantage of constant updates.
and i like to have the OPTION of taking the upgrade or not

Same here, I use Safari though. Though I'm also running that on a Mac.

Forum List

Back