Why The Hell Do Americans Care So Much About Israel?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Coloradomtnman, Jun 2, 2009.

?

The US Supports Israel Because....

Poll closed Jun 23, 2009.
  1. Christian Religious Beliefs

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Because we set the Jews up in Isreal post WWII and are obligated to help them.

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Because the US likes Jewish people. Just look at Hollywood!

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. I don't know...

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Coloradomtnman

Coloradomtnman Rational and proud of it.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    I can't figure this out. Someone told me it was because of religion. The predominant religion of the US, Christianity, believes that before the rapture the anti-Christ will come to power. But then...crap, I can't remember now, anyway, it had something to do with the Jews and Christians get together and triumph over the anti-Christ? Is that right?

So why is it so important that the POTUS kowtows to Israel? I say, screw Israel! Let'em take care of themselves. I don't like what they've been doing to Palestinians and I don't like how Arabs in Israel are officially 2nd class citizens. Anti-Arab sentiment (aka racism) is rampant among Israelis, I read somewhere that is was more than 70% of Israelis feel that Arabs are treated fairly in Israel although they have no vote and no right to hold office.

Half our problems in the Middle East would disappear if we stopped supporting Israel. So why don't we? It would be a lot better for National Security.

What do you think?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    Why didn't you mention that they are the first "democracy" in the Middle East, and proving that is the fact that Arab-Israeli's living in Israel are fully suffraged and that there are Arab-Israelis who also serve in the Knesset? It appears that the options you gave the members on which to vote are not complete.

edit" consequently I can't vote in your poll, and I hope others take the "new" information into account before voting also.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  3. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    Cursed be those who curse you, and blessed be those who bless you(Genesis 27:29)

christians believe that they must aline with the jews to be blessed....gotta love it...i wished i could write a book that make me the good guy and made everyone else the bad guy....support jews or die..blah blah blah

4. Coloradomtnman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    I fully admit that I don't know much about this issue.

I read that Arabs don't have suffrage. I don't remember where I read it, so I can't verify the validity of the article, so I can't claim that its a fact. What's the Knesset? Is that like the Israeli parliament or congress?

Why does the US insist on supporting Israel because its a democracy? Aren't there other democracies in the Middle East? Still, doesn't supporting Israel reduce our national security and isn't it a major reason why Islamic fundamentalist extremist terrorist groups target the US?

5. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    for all you guys that bitch about israel....why do you almost always fail to mention egypt

6. Coloradomtnman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    What about Egypt?

7. Tech_Esq

Tech_Esq Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +558
    As I sit here I see the scroll on Fox. There are two Dem Representatives saying they are hearing from their constituents that Obama is pressuring the wrong side. They say Obama is pressuring Israel not the Palestinians. That's it in microcosm isn't it?

I think there are several things at play.

1) The holocaust. Would you really want to be the president that turned his back on Israel and watched the Arabs rip it apart after the US turning its back on refugee Jews the 1930s?

2) They are a strategic bulwark in the Middle East. (Read nuclear power. It doesn't make strategic sense to make another nuclear power an enemy. Especially one as powerful as Israel.)

8. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    I have NFI.

From where I sit, if they were paying 100% of the bill for the military weapons and technology they get from America, they'd look a lot less like the bastard stepchild who won't get a job.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    the us and israel have a sweet deal going on...we loan them money they buy our weapons and test them on arabs.....understand now?

10. Coloradomtnman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    1. Hasn't Israel fought its own wars and defended itself now for over 40 years? Is it really important that we continue to support them? Was it right that the Western powers after WWII displaced the Palestinians by creating Israel? Are we surprised that this pissed off a lot of Muslims?

2. Good point. But can't we remain friends without showing such open support of Israel? Do you really think its okay what Israel has done to the Palestinians?