Why the hell are we having Muslim hearings?

So I guess the moral of the thread is that human rights violations and treason are A-OK w/Ravi so long as Muslims are doing it.

Thanks, Rav!

ROFL! Logical Fallacies number 25: STRAW MAN.

Wonderful to watch Allie making an arse of herself accidentally. It's like watching her pick her nose! :lol: That is what you said, isn't it!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/158255-logical-fallacies.html

According to her I support Muslim terrorists because I feel the hearings are hypocritical.

As a group, American Muslims are exceptionally law abiding

Their crime rate is lower than middle class white Americans, they tend to be well educated and hard working
Why Republicans would single them out for special scrutiny is baffling

Guess what? American Muslims were not involved in 9-11

So I guess the moral of the thread is that human rights violations and treason are A-OK w/Ravi so long as Muslims are doing it.

Thanks, Rav!

Wonderful to watch Allie making an arse of herself accidentally. It's like watching her pick her nose! :lol: That is what you said, isn't it!

According to her I support Muslim terrorists because I feel the hearings are hypocritical.

Well they are over and some interesting thing were said .
What we wait to see the findings to see if they were worth the time and fuss?

Thanks, Rav!

Sounds like number 27 to me. FAR-FETCHED HYPOTHESIS. Lol! Looks like she is becoming a serial nosepicker! :lol:

In some ways, Zuhdi Jasser doesn't match the profile of the typical Muslim American. He's an active Republican who has supported the U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, is an advocate for Israel and says his faith harbors "an insidious supremacism."

Yet the Scottsdale, Ariz., doctor will be the face of American Islam for a Capitol Hill moment. Other than members of Congress, Jasser is the only witness that Rep. Peter T. King (R-N.Y.) has identified so far for his upcoming hearings on radicalization of American Muslims.

King, the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, has called the hearings to start March 9.

Although he initially spoke out to promote them, his decision in recent weeks to lie low (he declined to comment for this article) and to keep the witness list and precise questions quiet reflects the complexities of debating the problem, experts say.

Should the hearings focus strictly on hard data about American Muslim cooperation with law enforcement? Should they explore whether U.S. foreign policy helps breed radicalism? Can a congressional hearing in a secular nation explore whether Islam needs a reformation?

That final point is the core tenet for Jasser, a father of three, Navy veteran and former doctor to Congress.

Through his nonprofit group, the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, he debates other Muslims and appears on mostly conservative media to press Muslim leaders to aggressively oppose a "culture of separatism." He wants clerics to disavow scripture that belittles non-Muslims and women and to renounce a role for Islam in government.

As the only non-legislator King has announced he will call, Jasser is drawing a lopsided amount of attention.

King will have a separate panel of congressional witnesses, and he has said he will call Muslim Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.). The Democrats on the committee will call Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca, who has disputed King's contention that Muslims do not cooperate with law enforcement.

With a mostly top-secret list and the first hearing in a few days, anxiety is building among Muslim Americans and national security experts alike. Although some hope that it will improve dialogue, others fear it could set off more prejudice.

National security experts "are holding their breath that it doesn't explode. I've heard that from people on all sides," said Juan C. Zarate, a senior adviser to the Center for Strategic and International Studies who was security adviser to President George W. Bush.

Muslim leaders initially lobbied for King to halt hearings but are now debating whether to try to get on the witness list. Long-standing critics of Muslim American organizations have blasted King for including "apologists" such as Ellison, one of two Muslims elected to Congress.”
Hearing on Muslim Radicalization | NowPublic News Coverage

Last edited:
I guess I haven't been paying attention, but wtf are we doing this for...what goal are we trying to accomplish?

And then this stupid Republican from California comes out and says they are no different than having hearings on Nazis or the KKK???

The GOP had and still have no ideas on how to turn around the economy or help to create jobs, so since taking back the House, they have orchestrated a number of initiatives that they and the Tea Party feel are much more important, such as redefining the defition of rape. Now, they have moved onto fear mongering and singling out a group based on their religious beliefs. I am REALLY starting to wonder if any of them remember why our founding fathers came here in the first place.:eusa_eh:
You bring up an interesting point. Most people seem to think political news just happens randomly. That is absolutely not true. Announcement of a House or Senate investigation, a leak to the press, and announcements by key political figures are timed to distract the public.

House Republicans are desperate to show that they can make a real difference. That's what they told voters they would do when they elected them. The best they can come up with is a 2% reduction in the deficit and a vote to repeal healthcare which was DOA. I expect to see several House witch hunts. After all they have to do something for two years.

Well they are over and some interesting thing were said .
What we wait to see the findings to see if they were worth the time and fuss?

Such as?

I guess I haven't been paying attention, but wtf are we doing this for...what goal are we trying to accomplish?

And then this stupid Republican from California comes out and says they are no different than having hearings on Nazis or the KKK???

The hearings are being held to find the most efficient way to persecute Muslims, as well as find a newer and better racial slur to hurl at them , as "rag head" is to general and not specific to Muslims. They are also being held to find the most cost efficient method of rounding them all up and putting them in prison camps so that we can keep a better eye on them, and eventually kill them all and grind them up into dog food.

In some ways, Zuhdi Jasser doesn't match the profile of the typical Muslim American. He's an active Republican who has supported the U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, is an advocate for Israel and says his faith harbors "an insidious supremacism."

Yet the Scottsdale, Ariz., doctor will be the face of American Islam for a Capitol Hill moment. Other than members of Congress, Jasser is the only witness that Rep. Peter T. King (R-N.Y.) has identified so far for his upcoming hearings on radicalization of American Muslims.

King, the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, has called the hearings to start March 9.

Although he initially spoke out to promote them, his decision in recent weeks to lie low (he declined to comment for this article) and to keep the witness list and precise questions quiet reflects the complexities of debating the problem, experts say.

Should the hearings focus strictly on hard data about American Muslim cooperation with law enforcement? Should they explore whether U.S. foreign policy helps breed radicalism? Can a congressional hearing in a secular nation explore whether Islam needs a reformation?

That final point is the core tenet for Jasser, a father of three, Navy veteran and former doctor to Congress.

Through his nonprofit group, the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, he debates other Muslims and appears on mostly conservative media to press Muslim leaders to aggressively oppose a "culture of separatism." He wants clerics to disavow scripture that belittles non-Muslims and women and to renounce a role for Islam in government.

As the only non-legislator King has announced he will call, Jasser is drawing a lopsided amount of attention.

King will have a separate panel of congressional witnesses, and he has said he will call Muslim Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.). The Democrats on the committee will call Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca, who has disputed King's contention that Muslims do not cooperate with law enforcement.

With a mostly top-secret list and the first hearing in a few days, anxiety is building among Muslim Americans and national security experts alike. Although some hope that it will improve dialogue, others fear it could set off more prejudice.

National security experts "are holding their breath that it doesn't explode. I've heard that from people on all sides," said Juan C. Zarate, a senior adviser to the Center for Strategic and International Studies who was security adviser to President George W. Bush.

Muslim leaders initially lobbied for King to halt hearings but are now debating whether to try to get on the witness list. Long-standing critics of Muslim American organizations have blasted King for including "apologists" such as Ellison, one of two Muslims elected to Congress.”
Hearing on Muslim Radicalization | NowPublic News Coverage

So, Mr King has a top-secret list of Muslim American legislators, plus this one non-legislator that he intends to call as witnesses hoping to accomplish WHAT exactly??

There is the claim, that Islam is incompatible with 'Western' values.
Like contemporary Americanism is incompatible with globalism.

For years, I have looked into the subject of what contemporary Americanism offers/represents.
My judgement is, that it doesn't offer much and that with the last generation alternation there has been a significant Axis Shift into unproductive behavior coupled with radicalism of some segments of society, which spreads to a wider audience with each passing year.
Just look around, you'll know what I mean.
Now it has reached Congress, congratulation.

Finally, Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser and Los Angeles Sheriff Leroy Baca gave their own views of the radicalization threat. Jasser, the president and founder of American Islamic Forum for Democracy, warned that the leadership in the United States had become paralyzed by the issue and described an "exponential increase" in homegrown attacks by radicalized terrorists.

"The U.S. has a significant problem with Muslim radicalization," said Jasser. "It is a problem only we can solve."

These hearings are an opportunity for the american people to hear from and about true muslims and giving americans the opportunity to see that the majority of muslims are not like those who hijacked their religion in the name of terrorism.

It would be nice if that was the case, and I actually hope it's what ends up happening here. However I don't think this is going to be a Dr Phil "let me listen to your feelings" session. It's a hearing that has started with an accusation, and that's usually not a good way to start the conversation.

This is just going to be a waste of time, imo. The people who think that all or most Muslims are secretly terrorist sympathizers, aren't going to allow their world view to be shattered by a congressional hearing. :dunno:

Why would you assume this is not the case? The guy running the hearings doesn't have an anti-muslim track record that I know about. If he does show me the video or transcript of his words that back up such a claim.

Last edited:

I think that they are trying to help the country have a better understanding of muslim viewpoints and culture with the hearings in order to gain a better understanding of the religion of choice of the majority of modern day terrorists.
:confused: do you mean to say they are trying to paint all Muslims as terrorists? If so, how counterproductive.

I have to agree with Ravi here.

The 98% of muslims who are terrorist animals give the other 2% a bad rap.

I dont think so at all.

The fact is that the majority of terrorist activities have been carried out by people who claim Islam as their faith. This fact has led many to do what you say above and paint all muslims as terrorists.

These hearings are an opportunity for the american people to hear from and about true muslims and giving americans the opportunity to see that the majority of muslims are not like those who hijacked their religion in the name of terrorism.

Really? So sure about that? Was Tim McVeigh a Muslim? How many Muslims in the US bomb abortion clinics? How about Scott Roeder? How many fanatical ALF and ELF members are Muslims? Members of Alpha 66? The BLA? I bet the KKK is a bunch of Muslims, right?

Majority does not equal all.

Please don't put words in my mouth in an effort to give yourself an opportunity to go off on a pre-determined rant.

I believe it is about steeping past the PC bullshit of not discussing what is real. :clap2: Bravo for them.

I believe it is also about discussing the radicalization of the youth involved with certain mosques and imans (spelling)

If this country does not start a conversation about what is going on with radicalized islam within this country it will be far to late by the time they do play their hands.

Agreed

The GOP had and still have no ideas on how to turn around the economy or help to create jobs, so since taking back the House, they have orchestrated a number of initiatives that they and the Tea Party feel are much more important, such as redefining the defition of rape. Now, they have moved onto fear mongering and singling out a group based on their religious beliefs. I am REALLY starting to wonder if any of them remember why our founding fathers came here in the first place.:eusa_eh:

Wow and to think I used to take your posts seriously?

what happened to you VaYank?

If my comments don't make sense just ask yourself how a republican house can affect any changes in the laws when the senate and presidency are controlled by their opposition?

I think that they are trying to help the country have a better understanding of muslim viewpoints and culture with the hearings in order to gain a better understanding of the religion of choice of the majority of modern day terrorists.
:confused: do you mean to say they are trying to paint all Muslims as terrorists? If so, how counterproductive.

But the 2% have done very little to denounce the actions of the 98%. There is also the fact that the radicals who execute the terrorist actions are not the usual uneducated children and men, but instead are educated and well off . Why not wait and see what happens with the hearings ?

I know your trying to be funny but I find that offensive. I know several muslims and none are terrorists. They also are where I got my opinion on what these hearings are about from.

Forum List

Back