Why the hell am I so nostalgic?

So, let's see... nostalgia would be Green Day? Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Seriously, I have a 30 year old friend that is so excited because she got great seats in October, for 'get this', "The New Kids On the Block." :rofl: Now mind you, if I was really a great mom, I'd try to find the money to buy a couple tickets for my daughter. Her room, way back when was all NKOTB. We're talking the canopy, bedspread, draperies, and throw rug. Luckily for me, she came to me two years after and said, "Mom, this has to go..."

Egads.. I think they were "it" when *I* was a teenager..or maybe I was a little older.. Either way, they totally sucked. :)

Egads.. I think they were "it" when *I* was a teenager..or maybe I was a little older.. Either way, they totally sucked. :)

LOL, in my daughter's defense, she was like 7. By 9, she too knew they sucked.

LOL, in my daughter's defense, she was like 7. By 9, she too knew they sucked.

For some reason, I'm thinking I was around 13-14... I remember trippy little girls just swooning in chorus class... Once a week, we were allowed to bring an album that we wanted to "share".. They all brought that.. I brought Anthrax. :cool:

For some reason, I'm thinking I was around 13-14... I remember trippy little girls just swooning in chorus class... Once a week, we were allowed to bring an album that we wanted to "share".. They all brought that.. I brought Anthrax. :cool:

My friend is 30, my daughter just turned 26.

I never got NKOTB

2460468268_798bcaef52.jpg

At least Menudo had Ricky Martin.

Who grew up to be a bigger, uglier putz that just made more money, and who is now, likely, doing nothing.

Which one was Markie-Mark (Mark Whalberg?) in? He actually did *something* with his life..

So, let's see... nostalgia would be Green Day? Red Hot Chili Peppers?

or...

Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync?
Oh. My friends and I do that sometimes -- we call it YouTube wars. Personally 80s and 90s music makes me depressed. I like the twang of dulcimar.... and the Sitar???? :cuckoo:

:bowdown:

Wow, tons of responses. I wasn't meaning going THAT far back in time, haha. Music that I listened to just a few years ago, before I moved to Wisconsin, that sort of thing. It's all before my time, anyway. IMO, most modern music is simply trash, with exception of a few 80's metal bands that are still alive and kickin'.

Wow, tons of responses. I wasn't meaning going THAT far back in time, haha. Music that I listened to just a few years ago, before I moved to Wisconsin, that sort of thing. It's all before my time, anyway. IMO, most modern music is simply trash, with exception of a few 80's metal bands that are still alive and kickin'.

Some contemporary music is good but it tends to be different from the cookie cutter stuff being punched by corporate music factors. I like the British band Keane, for example. Interesting and different and being a piano-based rather than a guitar-based band.

Ladies, ladies.... it was DONNIE Wahlberg in the NKOTB. Duh! And I've got some exciting news: according to Wikipedia, they got the (boy) band back together this week, and released a single on Itunes on Tuesday. They'll be performing it tomorrow on the Today show. Set your alarm clock!

My older sister was pretty much in love with them in the late 80s. She had a lot of the gear mentioned earlier - including a set of trading cards. Trading cards? Really? For 5 guys? I hope they worked some roadies into the set for a little filler.

I'll shamefully admit that I liked Hangin Tough and The Right Stuff. :redface:

Cliff Burton, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammet, and Lars Ulrich.. Cliff Burton died in a bus accident back in the mid-80's, and was replaced by Jason Newstead.. Other members are all still the same..

Check THIS out for some heavy nostalgia. Yes, that's Dave on guitar. Somewhere, in an alternate universe, Satan had his way and Metallica's lineup never changed from this. Clearly, the world was just not ready for such an onslaught.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/m...-on-guitar-live-march-3rd-1983-san/2427531785

Forum List

Back