Why the hate?

How very dramatic.... all this 'hate' we're being accused of.

I have a question for the OP..... why all the stupidity? How about you make the effort to recognize that disagreeing with someone does not equate to 'hate'. Twit.

One thing I don't understand about the atheists on the board... Why the hate towards people of faith?

To the Christians, I ask this... why the hate towards people who aren't Christian?

We all have to find our path through this life. Those of us with faith believe there is something after our worldly life ends. Those without do not.

It's really very simple. Live and let live... that goes for all of us. If we would all abandon the "black and white/wrong and right" attitudes, our world would be a much better place.

Just the need to judge one another shows our immaturity.

I'm starting to research Gnostic Christianity. I don't think it'll change my beliefs, but so far, it seems as though Christianity before Rome took the religion over was quite different than it is now. Of course Gnostics were considered Heretics by the Orthodox Christians of Rome and were persecuted and many were killed off.

Can you give azn example of what you concider hate?

I've been an atheist since I was a teenager and I don't really hate religion at all. As Joe said, it's a little scary sometimes, and it does occasionally feel like I'm living in a world of slightly crazy people - but I can say that about a lot of things besides religion.

A few years back, I shared an apartment with a co-worker who had just become an atheist after a 30 years of being a born-again Christian. When he found out that I didn't believe, he would come home and go on and on railing about all the evils of religion and I remember that it made me very uncomfortable. He was really filled with a bitter resentment toward religion that I just didn't share.

But in a way, it made sense. I remember him saying how he felt like he'd been lied too all his life by the people he trusted, and that his whole life had been based on a delusion. It always sort of made me sad to listen to him rant - though I think that for him it was a cathartic expression of freedom and independence.

Well put. Too many non believers have Stockholme syndrome IMO. A terrorist is a terrorist. A liar IS a liar... I don't give a rats ass if it was your loving grandmother... If she lied to you SHE FUCKING LIED TO YOU!!! BTW...my grandmother was a christian but DID NOT ever push it on me. As a good republican she minded her own business and allowed me to mind mine.

I see the world as an insane asylum. All the inmates have name tags with their specific delusions on them for our convenience. Oh ya..there goes Harry ...he thinks he talks to god and jesus...he's a christian.. They have convinced him to be a good sport and put up with anything the money changers want to take from him in exchange for a nice vacation in "heaven" after they have used him up.. And...Muhammed...believes there are dozens of virgins waiting for him if he just acts and talks like some cult says he must...poor lost man.. I hate to break it to him that virgins are lame fucks. The inmates are endless. Don't hate me when I just fucking get weary putting up with all their nonsense.

ddss-31249860692.jpg

4UwzC.jpg

1LXA1.jpg

When Christopher Hitchens book started trending after he died...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBP3DlMiAiA&context=C38357c9ADOEgsToPDskJ_e6-vRfyPaGGLTko6VVbl]#GodisNotGreat Twitter Trend! Death Threats from CHRISTIANS on TWITTER. - YouTube[/ame]

So yea, you don't know shit if you claim atheists are the ones doing the hating.

Wow, if that is accurate than so is this.

christianity.jpg

So we've learned that completely misrepresenting a peoples belief doesn't work. Live and learn.

Atheism is more like this:

atheism.jpg

Though that isn't really atheism at all, that's just common scientific understand of the world we live in.

Last edited:
If there is an atheist here that hates religion, there is almost a 100% chance they are absolutely justified.

Trust me, whatever hate you experience from an atheist here, they get it a thousand fold in real life.

Oh, believe me... I understand fully. Look at it from a psychological perspective then.... what good does hate do? It gives those you hate power over you.... it festers in you.

Anger is one thing... hate is another. Anger is an emotion we all have. Hate is something different than anger. Hate is more systematic than anger and is an immature display.

It would be like someone saying... a black person mugged me once, therefore I hate black people. or... a christian told me once that I am going to hell... so I hate all Christians.

Lastly, to the poster who hates religion because they think it's a lie.... So what? What is it hurting you? Do you not live the life you choose, even though those people believe what you consider to be a lie?

Once again... I know that there are a lot of Christians and folk from other religions that want to cram it down your throat and try to make you conform....I am not denying that. What I am saying is that we all need to take a step back and stop judging others for their beliefs or lack thereof.

That's what the goal of a free society should be. I have the right to believe, you have the right not to.

No I absolutely and totally agree.

I've been an atheist since I was a teenager and I don't really hate religion at all. As Joe said, it's a little scary sometimes, and it does occasionally feel like I'm living in a world of slightly crazy people - but I can say that about a lot of things besides religion.

A few years back, I shared an apartment with a co-worker who had just become an atheist after a 30 years of being a born-again Christian. When he found out that I didn't believe, he would come home and go on and on railing about all the evils of religion and I remember that it made me very uncomfortable. He was really filled with a bitter resentment toward religion that I just didn't share.

But in a way, it made sense. I remember him saying how he felt like he'd been lied too all his life by the people he trusted, and that his whole life had been based on a delusion. It always sort of made me sad to listen to him rant - though I think that for him it was a cathartic expression of freedom and independence.

Well put. Too many non believers have Stockholme syndrome IMO. A terrorist is a terrorist. A liar IS a liar... I don't give a rats ass if it was your loving grandmother... If she lied to you SHE FUCKING LIED TO YOU!!! BTW...my grandmother was a christian but DID NOT ever push it on me. As a good republican she minded her own business and allowed me to mind mine.

I see the world as an insane asylum. All the inmates have name tags with their specific delusions on them for our convenience. Oh ya..there goes Harry ...he thinks he talks to god and jesus...he's a christian.. They have convinced him to be a good sport and put up with anything the money changers want to take from him in exchange for a nice vacation in "heaven" after they have used him up.. And...Muhammed...believes there are dozens of virgins waiting for him if he just acts and talks like some cult says he must...poor lost man.. I hate to break it to him that virgins are lame fucks. The inmates are endless. Don't hate me when I just fucking get weary putting up with all their nonsense.

Not a disagreement, just a point...

Grandma's not lying if she believes in her heart that it's true. If that's the case, she's simply wrong.

America is all about defending the right of each and every one of us to be wrong.

So we've learned that completely misrepresenting a peoples belief doesn't work. Live and learn.

atheism.jpg

Though that isn't really atheism at all, that's just common scientific understand of the world we live in.
That's still doesn't explain how it all started.

Why don't you tell us how "The Singularity Occurred"?

This should be good.

atheism.jpg

That's still doesn't explain how it all started.

Why don't you tell us how "The Singularity Occurred"?

This should be good.

Why don't you tell us how God occurred?

This should be a good one.

One thing I don't understand about the atheists on the board... Why the hate towards people of faith?

To the Christians, I ask this... why the hate towards people who aren't Christian?

We all have to find our path through this life. Those of us with faith believe there is something after our worldly life ends. Those without do not.

It's really very simple. Live and let live... that goes for all of us. If we would all abandon the "black and white/wrong and right" attitudes, our world would be a much better place.

Just the need to judge one another shows our immaturity.

I'm starting to research Gnostic Christianity. I don't think it'll change my beliefs, but so far, it seems as though Christianity before Rome took the religion over was quite different than it is now. Of course Gnostics were considered Heretics by the Orthodox Christians of Rome and were persecuted and many were killed off.

I don't hate anyone for their beliefs.

It isn't hate. It's frustration. When atheists get to do to Christians what muslims are doing to Christians in Nigeria and Egypt they won't be frustrated anymore.

Good thread. Putting it simply, I think some Christians truly believe they need to try to save the lives of others through Christ. Quick fix: don't open your door in the first place.

I think Atheists have the reverse situation - they want to completely destroy any mention or symbolism of faith for everybody.

There is nothing wrong with having faith in something or someone. I don't believe in predestination because it seems like a complete slam against everything religion teaches us. We have free will to make choices in our life and those choices make our destiny. I think Atheism is built pretty much on the "if it feels good, do it" theory. Christianity puts "taboos" on certain behaviors, etc. and Atheist don't want to feel "guilty" of bad conduct. Then, on the other hand, there are those who profess to be Christians but are not.

The two should be able to co-exist. I was raised in Christianity, but I never go to church. I do, however, believe in the existence of God. My next door neighbor is a preacher and he has yet to try to force his religion down my throat. He's just as nice as he can be, but he's never said a word to me about the Buddhas on my deck. Do I worship Buddha? No. I just happen to like Oriental stuff. For me, the tenets of Judaism have been in the back of my head ... it makes sense to me.

It sort of amazes me that all this rhetoric about equality, peace, sharing the wealth and other ideals demands the total exclusion of and destruction of any kind of religious thoughts or icons or symbolism.

I do not think most atheists want anything of the sort.

I wouldn't hate it had they not brainwashed me beginning at age 2 and caused me to live my life diametrically opposite to what I would have otherwise done. That doesn't even mention that it was responsible for two of my children also brainwashing their children....six of my eight grandchildren. Phuck Jesus and the jackass he rode in on.

Good thread. Putting it simply, I think some Christians truly believe they need to try to save the lives of others through Christ. Quick fix: don't open your door in the first place.

I think Atheists have the reverse situation - they want to completely destroy any mention or symbolism of faith for everybody.

There is nothing wrong with having faith in something or someone. I don't believe in predestination because it seems like a complete slam against everything religion teaches us. We have free will to make choices in our life and those choices make our destiny. I think Atheism is built pretty much on the "if it feels good, do it" theory. Christianity puts "taboos" on certain behaviors, etc. and Atheist don't want to feel "guilty" of bad conduct. Then, on the other hand, there are those who profess to be Christians but are not.

The two should be able to co-exist. I was raised in Christianity, but I never go to church. I do, however, believe in the existence of God. My next door neighbor is a preacher and he has yet to try to force his religion down my throat. He's just as nice as he can be, but he's never said a word to me about the Buddhas on my deck. Do I worship Buddha? No. I just happen to like Oriental stuff. For me, the tenets of Judaism have been in the back of my head ... it makes sense to me.

It sort of amazes me that all this rhetoric about equality, peace, sharing the wealth and other ideals demands the total exclusion of and destruction of any kind of religious thoughts or icons or symbolism.

I do not think most atheists want anything of the sort.

Actually, that kind of atheism is considered just as much of a religion by atheists as radical religion.

Forum List

Back