Why the GOP Really Hates Unions

Bust the heads of the fucking scabs.

Do I make my position clear enough for you pandering quislings of the corporatocracy?

Yes, come bust my head someday when I am not a public-employee and you might find yours splattered all over the wall.

That being said, no need to troll and ruin what might be a promising thread.

Don't you want the truth? I think he's serious. And I think I agree. And trust me, there are a lot more of us than there are of you.

Remember, we are the rabble!!!!

But then, you have the military. :(

Fuckin-A I'm serious.

We are enjoying, right now, the long term benefits of the short sighted greed of those who sold out the American workers for a few trillion dollars more.

It comes to us as underemployment and unemployment and never-having been-employed-in-the-first place! middle class people who can no longer kept the economic engine of America (and as we are now discovering the whole damned world) going.

Scabs, and the managment who hire them, are nothing but fucking tools who are, whether they know it or not, allowing this world, (not just America) to become a neofuedal international one world of K-K-KAPITALISTs.

I've been witnessing the dismantling of what had been the wealthiest fairest, and by fare most benign Empire in human history, indeed the light of democracy, actually, being violated by the rapacious greed of sociopathic capitalism and the tools that suck its ass upon command.

And that beautiful thing, America, was sold out so formerly American industrialists (who had, let's face, it become richer than anyone on earth had ever been BECAUSE OF AMERICANS) could invest in third world nations where being a trade unionist means some tool (perhaps like our chum Gunnen, there) comes in the night like the fucking cowardly assassin pukes they are, to kill them.

That is what the MOTU want, and I am not especially sympathetic to the class traitors (and traitors to our nation) who have helped facilitate that decline in American power and wealth.

Last edited:
Yes, come bust my head someday when I am not a public-employee and you might find yours splattered all over the wall.

Don't you want the truth? I think he's serious. And I think I agree. And trust me, there are a lot more of us than there are of you.

Fuckin-A I'm serious.

We are enjoying, right now, the long term benefits of the short sighted greed of those who sold out the American workers for a few trillion dollars more.

It comes to us as underemployment and unemployment and never-having been-employed-in-the-first place middle class people who can no longer kept the economic engine of America (and as we are now discovering the whole damned world) going.

Scabs, and the managment who hire them, are nothing but fucking tools who are, whether they know it or not, allowing this world, (not just America) to become a neofuedal international one world of K-K-KAPITALISTs.

I've been witnessing the dismantling of what had been the wealthiest fairest, and by fare most benign Empire in human history, indeed the light of democracy, actually, being violated by the rapacious greed of sociopathic capitalist and the tools that suck their asses upon command.

And that beautiful thing, America, was sold out so formerly American industrialists, who were, let's face it become richer than anyone on earth had ever been BECAUSE OF AMERICANS, could invest in third world nations where being a trade unionist means some tool (perhaps like our chum Gunnen, there) comes in the night like the fucking cowards and assassin pukes they are, to kill them.

That is what the MOTU want, and I am not especially sympathetic to the class traitors (and traitors to our nation) who have helped facilitate that decline in American power and wealth.

so if i want to be a carpenter in america i have to join a union or face physical harm.....is that the long and short of it.....

Fuckin-A I'm serious.

It comes to us as underemployment and unemployment and never-having been-employed-in-the-first place! middle class people who can no longer kept the economic engine of America (and as we are now discovering the whole damned world) going.

I've been witnessing the dismantling of what had been the wealthiest fairest, and by fare most benign Empire in human history, indeed the light of democracy, actually, being violated by the rapacious greed of sociopathic capitalism and the tools that suck its ass upon command.

And that beautiful thing, America, was sold out so formerly American industrialists (who had, let's face, it become richer than anyone on earth had ever been BECAUSE OF AMERICANS) could invest in third world nations where being a trade unionist means some tool (perhaps like our chum Gunnen, there) comes in the night like the fucking cowardly assassin pukes they are, to kill them.

Just as you tell people that would rather not work at a union shop, that they should go some other place......

if you don't like the "K-K-KAPITALIST." way........freekin' MOVE !

Like unions are any better than corporations.

The union leaders choose when they all strike and what they are actually going to fight for.
The people in union jobs have no choice but to pay the dues and strike then commanded to.

Hmm ... corporations decide if you get hired and for how much.
Corporations pay you less and you have to work when they tell you to.

... nope, not seeing a difference.

Gunnen, I agree with you about today's unions. I am in favor of collective bargaining, but the larger unions are IMHO just as bad as the corporations they're claiming to protect the workers from. I've belonged to the Teamster's Union(12 years) and the UAW (I was forced to join in order to work a long-term contract job for a supplier on the factory floor). Large unions seem to me to be a perfect example of a good idea gone bad.

You like my Thom Hartmann op ed's. Read the one I posted and tell me if it is incorrect.

you sure put a lot of credence in this Hartmann fella Bobo......is he the Rush of the left?

When the economy is great, workers benefit as wages increase dramatically, with or without unions. If companies don't pay enough, then they will not prosper. On the other hand, when the economy takes a downturn, unions tend to keep businesses from being competitive. This is not to say unions have no good purpose. The reason they came about was due to the fact that business took advantage of their labor for so long. The problem now is that the unions have gone too far, hurting not only the businesses they work for but also themselves directly.

Obviously, some unions are much stronger than others. I think we need to ask ourselves what makes an auto worker worth $45.00 per hour (wages and benefits included), while the butcher at your local union grocery store is only worth $22.50 per hour. Adding to that, we should ask ourselves another question; could those jobs (autoworkers) that are paid $45.00 per hour be filled by people making $30.00 per hour? Would people stand in line for those same jobs at $30.00 per hour?

People constantly complain that we have lost all of our manufacturing jobs. Well, we have priced ourselves out of the market. It is that simple. I'm not against employees making a fair living wage. However, it needs to be competitive on a global basis, within reason.

When the economy was great, the Bush administration looked the other way, and allowed the majority of illegal immigrants in after 9-11. We have no idea of who or what has crossed our southern border due to the policy of allowing people to come into this country to avoid having competition for workers.

I am an industrial Millwright. Wages and benefits considered, I make more than $45 an hour. You don't like the fact that I make that much, come and do my job. I would love to see some of you keyboard warriors pick up a 1" impact wrench with a 3" socket on it, hold it at arms length, and rattle off a nut. And that is just the physcial part of the job.

Were it not for unions, no working man would be making a decent wage. I made a special trip when I was looking for rock in Colorado, to Ludlow, to pay my respects to those that have paid the price for our right to have unions represent us in dealing with corperations.
The Ludlow Massacre

Fuckin-A I'm serious.

Just as you tell people that would rather not work at a union shop, that they should go some other place......

Not going anywhere, fellow. We will just change a few rules. A little re-distribution of the wealth to those that create it.

When the economy was great, the Bush administration looked the other way, and allowed the majority of illegal immigrants in after 9-11. We have no idea of who or what has crossed our southern border due to the policy of allowing people to come into this country to avoid having competition for workers.

and if you are going to blame the "ILLEGAL" immigration problem on the Bush adm. then these posters that call you a moron are absolutely correct.....

I know Unions well, worked within, and against, them for a number of years.

Unions are BIG BUSINESS - and have been so for decades. Anyone who supports Unions out of a need to fight corporations is cutting off one hand to appease the other.

The AFL has over 9 million members, (down by several million in recent years) with annual revenues that approach $160 million dollars. It budgets millions in political lobbying efforts each year.

The American Federation of Teachers has about 830,000 members, with assets of $100 million dollars. It also spends several million per year in lobbying efforts - and its president earns several times more than the highest paid teacher ever will.

The AFT's big brother, the National Education Association, boasts over 2.5 million members, with yearly revenues of about $350 million dollars, and a yearly lobbying budget of over $30 million dollars as well as another $50 million or so for "representative" activities. It's president's yearly compensation is now well over $500,000 per year.

The Machinists Union has over 650,000 members, with assets of about $230 million, and millions spent each year in lobbying efforts.

The Teamsters have roughly 1.5 million members, and take in about $180 million per year.

Unions are by their very nature, opportunists of discontent. (Which is the common link they have with the Democrat Party) Its leadership enjoys salaries far greater than their membership, to say nothing of the perks that they enjoy just as any member of corporate leadership would. In that regard, they are one and the same.

So I will say it again - Unions are BIG BUSINESS.

You like my Thom Hartmann op ed's. Read the one I posted and tell me if it is incorrect.

I don't think he's incorrect. I just think he left out some stuff. He didn't take into account the tech boom and it's effect on labor, and he definitely left out the possibility that union leadership is corrupt. I know the leadership I had to deal with was corrupt. It's a shame that unions have received such bad press, to the point that no one respects picket lines anymore, but much of the blame for that rests with unions themselves.

unions......in the old days there were craftsmen in unions that had skills....now there are not yet wages and demands keep increasing......

By Art Levine, Huffington Post
Posted on February 23, 2009, Printed on February 24, 2009
Why the GOP Really Hates Unions | | AlterNet

The Hoover-like GOP has been working overtime to oppose President Obama's stimulus package while hoping he fails. Meanwhile, a report released yesterday by the Center for American Progress Action Fund essentially underscores the real reasons Republicans and the business community have taken another equally short-sighted economic stance: fighting workers' right to organize. As Unions Are Good For the American Economy points out with irrefutable statistics, unionization raises wages and boosts the economy because it puts more money in the pockets of American workers.

(The report itself, of course, doesn't directly accuse the GOP and corporate interests of opposing economic growth and recovery, but reading its measured analysis of the economic benefit of unions leads to the inescapable conclusion that anti-union business leaders have a misguided zeal for low wages at all cost -- regardless of the impact on their own workers, their firms' productivity, their own long-term profits or the broader economy.)

full story here; Why the GOP Really Hates Unions | Corporate Accountability and WorkPlace | AlterNet

Typical. Someone disagrees with something ideologically and some hack has to come along and paint it as "hate." Anyone that wants to give the difference in my pay and theirs to the unions for the privilege of being unemployed should feel free. I could care less.

Fuckin-A I'm serious.

Not going anywhere, fellow. We will just change a few rules. A little re-distribution of the wealth to those that create it.

Sadly, it they get their 'fair share' ...most will starve....

New Topics

Forum List

Back