Why the GObP can't change its image

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Another poster asked whether or not the R could look more friendly than they really are about various issues - women, gays, blacks, Hispanics, human beings. The real question is whether or not they can pretend to be real, authentic, human, with compassion and intelligence and a very real respect for others. The answer is a resounding NO and here's yet another example of why that's true.

Ann Coulter Attacks Latinos In Column, As Conservatives Seek To Reach Out To Hispanic Voters

There will always be people like Ann Coulter who do not lie in order to get votes. Just as there will always be someone with a video camera or a recorder to catch jerks like Mittens when he states his true opinions about his fellow Americans.

Romney laughed at his followers and made fun of them, even as he was using them. Coulter, Limbaugh, fox, dredge, etc - the mouthpieces of the pubs - cannot resist the temptation to spew their hate for their own country.

That is why they lost and why they will continue to lose.

:clap2:

Another poster asked whether or not the R could look more friendly than they really are about various issues - women, gays, blacks, Hispanics, human beings. The real question is whether or not they can pretend to be real, authentic, human, with compassion and intelligence and a very real respect for others. The answer is a resounding NO and here's yet another example of why that's true.

Ann Coulter Attacks Latinos In Column, As Conservatives Seek To Reach Out To Hispanic Voters

There will always be people like Ann Coulter who do not lie in order to get votes. Just as there will always be someone with a video camera or a recorder to catch jerks like Mittens when he states his true opinions about his fellow Americans.

Romney laughed at his followers and made fun of them, even as he was using them. Coulter, Limbaugh, fox, dredge, etc - the mouthpieces of the pubs - cannot resist the temptation to spew their hate for their own country.

The Callous Conservative faction of the GOP lacks empathy. Whether this lack of ability to recognize feelings of others is a clinical disorder ,Narcissistic personality disorder for example (or worse), or a learned behavior is dependent on the individual.

Last edited:

The Callous Conservative faction of the GOP lacks empathy. Whether this lack of ability to recognize feelings of others is a clinical disorder ,Narcissistic personality disorder for example (or worse), or a learned behavior is dependent on the individual.

You sig says it well. They are anti-American working class, anti-woman, anti-everything except old white men with gobs of money.

Indeed, they don't even like Ann Coulter (or $arah) even though she regurges the shit spewed by rw scum like limbaugh, who, apparently, is still the de facto head of the GObP.

I wonder what you'd do if you didn't have HuffPo to do your thinking for you.

So, if its oh HuffPo, Coulter didn't say those things?
No, shithead. It means your dumb ass wouldn't know it.
Here ya go, read it here and see if her shit smells any better.

Ann Coulter - December 5, 2012 - AMERICA NEARS EL TIPPING POINTO
What makes you think I care what she says, old man? She's about as informative as you are. At least she comes up with her own material.

LOL

Spending other people's money is how Progs define "empathy"

Their image problem is even more basic then that, America is sick of being scared into allowing them to do dumb shit. Americans have traditionally responded better to optimism and courage, maybe we are finally remembering who we used to be.

OK WTF is GObP?

Is it German for corporation?

It's a play on words that came out when Republicans jumped up to defend British Petroleum (BP) during the gulf oil spill rather than the fishermen and people of the region whose livelihoods were damaged or destroyed by BP's negligence.

It thought it meant Grand Old bullshit Party, you learn something new everyday.

OK WTF is GObP?

It's a play on words that came out when Republicans jumped up to defend British Petroleum (BP) during the gulf oil spill rather than the fishermen and people of the region whose livelihoods were damaged or destroyed by BP's negligence.

A good play on words and exactly why the GOP is losing people.

Their image problem is even more basic then that, America is sick of being scared into allowing them to do dumb shit. Americans have traditionally responded better to optimism and courage, maybe we are finally remembering who we used to be.

Which is consistent with the fact that conservatives are, for the most part, motivated by fear – fear of change, fear of diversity, fear of dissent.

OK WTF is GObP?

It thought it meant Grand Old bullshit Party, you learn something new everyday.

That one fits nicely as well.

The GOP will be able to change it's image, but it will be a slow process. You see many right-wing posters on this board saying they will abandon the GOP because they aren't far right enough, but that is what the Republican establishment is counting on. They now realize that the social conservatives and other nut jobs have only marginalized their party, and it is hurting their chances of winning another general election. They know the change will come slow, but secretly hope that down the line people won't equate Republicans with teabaggers, religious bigots, gay bashers, xenophobes and racists.

Probably the same as you would do without FOX. at least the Huffington Post targets intelligent people.
When's the last time I posted a thread from FOX News?

Another assumption about me made by you that's wrong, felchbreath. I barely even watch television, much less cable news. Now sit your ass down and shut the hell up before you embarrass yourself further.

Probably the same as you would do without FOX. at least the Huffington Post targets intelligent people.

Another assumption about me made by you that's wrong, felchbreath. I barely even watch television, much less cable news. Now sit your ass down and shut the hell up before you embarrass yourself further.

Your name calling shows the weakness of your argument. You are assuming that liberals all read the Huffington Post, which is incorrect. You do not have to watch FOX News to think and speak like a person who does.

Your name calling shows the weakness of your argument. You are assuming that liberals all read the Huffington Post, which is incorrect. You do not have to watch FOX News to think and speak like a person who does.
When the fuck did I say all liberals read HuffPo? The only assumption on this thread was made by your dumb ass in thinking that I watch FOX news, which was wrong.

Stop while you're behind, idiot.

OK WTF is GObP?

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my life. Is that serious or you just made that up?

We have courts to settled damages. There's nothing wrong with going through the system like everyone else. We objected to Obama monkeying with the US Justice system

Forum List

Back