Why the fuck aren't we stopping all passengers from IBOLA infected regions?

I would never be buddies with such a dishonest dangerously partisan person. You people make me want to hurl, you are so intellectually dishonest. The funny thing is that you really feel that you are clever, but everyone can see you for what you really are.

It's really funny that you think I'm being "intellectually dishonest", when your entire argument is based around your delusion that your "common sense" trumps people who actually know what they're talking about and have spent their lives studying how diseases spread.

You are lying. That is plain. Travel restrictions based on country issuing passport would most CERTAINLY be effective on restricting the travel of those people who originate from the Ebola hot spots, therefore limiting the spread of the disease, Einstein.

Perhaps you thought this addressed anything in my post, but it really didn't. Would you like to re-read my post and try again?

Explain to me why YOU think that the spread of ANY communicable disease would not be lessened by travel restriction based on country issuing passports.

I refer you to the link that's already been posted in this thread. New Scientist laid it out pretty explicitly.

Unlike you guys, I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about here, instead I listen to the experts who do.

Yes, screw our citizens because hurting the feelings of people suffering from Ebola or who come from a stricken area is MUCH more important than public safety of American citizens. :rolleyes-41: Next time there's a fatal contagious disease going around the world, let's not do anything and invite it here! WTH! We won't get it.

I would never be buddies with such a dishonest dangerously partisan person. You people make me want to hurl, you are so intellectually dishonest. The funny thing is that you really feel that you are clever, but everyone can see you for what you really are.

It's really funny that you think I'm being "intellectually dishonest", when your entire argument is based around your delusion that your "common sense" trumps people who actually know what they're talking about and have spent their lives studying how diseases spread.

You are lying. That is plain. Travel restrictions based on country issuing passport would most CERTAINLY be effective on restricting the travel of those people who originate from the Ebola hot spots, therefore limiting the spread of the disease, Einstein.

Perhaps you thought this addressed anything in my post, but it really didn't. Would you like to re-read my post and try again?

Explain to me why YOU think that the spread of ANY communicable disease would not be lessened by travel restriction based on country issuing passports.

I refer you to the link that's already been posted in this thread. New Scientist laid it out pretty explicitly.

Unlike you guys, I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about here, instead I listen to the experts who do.

In other words, you have no explanation of your own and are not capable of independent critical thinking. Like I said, the WHO and the CDC (who also have expert epidemiologists on staff) made mistakes and underestimated this virus, as they have already admitted to!

In other words, you have no explanation of your own and are not capable of independent critical thinking. Like I said, the WHO and the CDC (who also have expert epidemiologists on staff) made mistakes and underestimated this virus, as they have already admitted to!

I am actually very capable of "critical thinking" - it's how I recognize your panicky bullshit as panicky bullshit.

Part of "critical thinking" is understanding the limits of your knowledge.

I have my voters ballot right in my hot little hands. I will NEVER, NEVER EVER vote for a Democrat ever again until they get their collective heads out of their butts. Quarantines have been used for years to stop contagion. Liberal democrats are a virus, too. I predict that honest folks in this country have had enough of liberalism and Democrats telling us what to think. And do what common sense dictates. Kick the bastards out. Contain the virus.

People have died during brain surgery, so that must mean you should let your plumber do it, right?

After all, those "experts" have been wrong before, and he's got plenty of "common sense".

I am actually very capable of "critical thinking" - it's how I recognize your panicky bullshit as panicky bullshit.

It's not "panicky bullshit." It's plain old common sense that you don't allow people from a place that is suffering from a disease that is contagious and causes death and serious illness to come here!!!

I don't want an Ebola czar and I don't want a stupid Ebola team. All I want is some basic common sense precautionary measures to be taken when there are such situations.

I have my voters ballot right in my hot little hands. I will NEVER, NEVER EVER vote for a Democrat ever again until they get their collective heads out of their butts. Quarantines have been used for years to stop contagion. Liberal democrats are a virus, too. I predict that honest folks in this country have had enough of liberalism and Democrats telling us what to think. And do what common sense dictates. Kick the bastards out. Contain the virus.

Then I'm sure you can give a single example of it ever happening before, right?

It's not "panicky bullshit." It's plain old common sense that you don't allow people from a place that is suffering from a disease that is contagious and causes death and serious illness to come here!!!

I don't want an Ebola czar and I don't want a stupid Ebola team. All I want is some basic common sense precautionary measures to be taken when there are such situations.

No flights out of Texas. Simple.

People have died during brain surgery, so that must mean you should let your plumber do it, right?

After all, those "experts" have been wrong before, and he's got plenty of "common sense".

Those are accidental and unavoidable deaths! You can simply restrict travel and PREVENT some people from getting ill to begin with. I don't care if it hurts some people's businesses temporarily. It is not going to bring the United States to it's knees to restrict travel from certain regions, and YES it most certainly would cut down on those particular people who may or may not be infected from traveling and potentially spreading disease.

Texas is not an Ebola hot spot, genius. Keep trying to act as if you are clever though. It's amusing.

"Common sense" often means "I don't really understand what I'm talking about, but it feels right, so it must be right".

This is a situation for "uncommon" sense.

The people "who know what they are talking about" are political hacks who would sell their own mothers for gold it that would keep them in Obama's good graces.

You think that every single epidemiologist in the world are "political hacks"?

No, just the ones who claim travel bans don't work.

Which epidemiologists have said that they do work?

A top epidemiologist is speaking out to say the US must stop all commercial flights from Ebola-stricken West African nations in order to prevent more outbreaks on American soil.

David Dausey, a Yale-educated academic who has been nationally recognized for his research on the spread of infectious diseases, says the bungling public health response to US Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan proves that the country cannot afford another case.

Duncan had contact with 100 people in his short time in the US before he was admitted to a hospital. Nearly half of them are still under observation.

Writing in the Washington Post, Dr Dausey argues: 'The human errors in this single case highlight why it is urgent that we ban all commercial flights from the impacted countries to all non-affected countries until the outbreak is contained.'

Read more: Epidemiologist says US must stop all flights from Ebola-stricken West Africa to prevent outbreaks Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Texas is not an Ebola hot spot, genius. Keep trying to act as if you are clever though. It's amusing.

According to Silhouette, it is.

And if isolating people and quarantining does not work, then why on earth would they be doing this? This is so they can check people to make sure they do NOT have Ebola because if they DO have Ebola or symptoms, they will be quarantined away from the rest of us. Of course, we all know that they could take care of the problem more efficiently by just restricting travel completely though!

Flights from Ebola hotspots can fly to only 5 US airports New York Post

The people "who know what they are talking about" are political hacks who would sell their own mothers for gold it that would keep them in Obama's good graces.

A top epidemiologist is speaking out to say the US must stop all commercial flights from Ebola-stricken West African nations in order to prevent more outbreaks on American soil.

David Dausey, a Yale-educated academic who has been nationally recognized for his research on the spread of infectious diseases, says the bungling public health response to US Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan proves that the country cannot afford another case.

Duncan had contact with 100 people in his short time in the US before he was admitted to a hospital. Nearly half of them are still under observation.

Writing in the Washington Post, Dr Dausey argues: 'The human errors in this single case highlight why it is urgent that we ban all commercial flights from the impacted countries to all non-affected countries until the outbreak is contained.'

Read more: Epidemiologist says US must stop all flights from Ebola-stricken West Africa to prevent outbreaks Daily Mail Online

Great! Thank you. Some "experts" hold on to their integrity and cannot be bought and sold for the sake of political correctness and political gain, thankfully.

Well, I guess you guys now have one on your side.

According to Silhouette, it is.

Well, I doubt Texas would be considered an Ebola "hotspot" by anyone. Places like Sierra Leone and Nigeria which were hit hard by Ebola are hotspots.

Forum List

Back