Why the Desire For Someone Else To Do It?

the_human_being

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2014
I read posts all the time saying the government should do something, the Church should do something, Hobby Lobby should do this or that, Walmart should do so and so, and on and on. Are we Americans as free individuals no longer able to do anything of our own initiative? Why is anyone responsible for giving you a job? Why do you expect the government to legislate for your own biased benefit? Why is the Church to blame for your own belief or disbelief. Don't you bear some small amount of responsibility for your own future and well-being?

I read posts all the time saying the government should do something, the Church should do something, Hobby Lobby should do this or that, Walmart should do so and so, and on and on. Are we Americans as free individuals no longer able to do anything of our own initiative? Why is anyone responsible for giving you a job? Why do you expect the government to legislate for your own biased benefit? Why is the Church to blame for your own belief or disbelief. Don't you bear some small amount of responsibility for your own future and well-being?

You're addressing a lot of democrafts/lefties here. Thus when broaching subjects like self-determination, you may as well be speaking Martian.

You're addressing a lot of democrafts/lefties here. Thus when broaching subjects like self-determination, you may as well be speaking Martian.

They are a wonder though, aren't they? They hate small business and corporations yet complain that small business and corporations aren't providing the jobs they want at the pay they desire. They want small business, corporations, and the wealthy taxed even more than they are now while many corporations are leaving because of their tax burdens, restrictions placed upon them and federal regulation. The wealthy are already paying most of the country's liabilities. Many of these nuts are now having to work at part-time jobs without benefits because of their business stagnating economic policies. Their own retirement returns are in jeopardy because of part-time employment coupled with dependency upon SNAP, Earned Income Credit, and other entitlement programs which provides a temporary sense of well-being but will not count toward their Social Security enumeration.

Hate is a big factor and occupies most of their time. They appear to hate just about everyone. They hate: Republicans, Conservatives, John Beihner, George Bush, Ronald Reagan, Clint Eastwood, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, the Supreme Court, Big Pharm, Big Oil, Burger King, MacDonalds, the Church, God, Jesus, the Pope, small business, corporations, the wealthy and successful, white men, the Hispanics when they get the attention of the President and the Democrat politicians, Fox News, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh. There are others but I am tired.

Who's going to take care of them? They don't have the ambition nor initiative to go into business for themselves. They all want a college education which only trains them for a particular job or industry. Many restaurants now employ college graduates. That's the future they want? The people they hate are eventually just going to retire and live off their own fortune and let these nuts fend for themselves.

For the same reason that many paint the responsibility meme with a broad brush: to avoid issues.

For the same reason that many paint the responsibility meme with a broad brush: to avoid issues.

Isn't the responsibility for anyone squarely upon his/her own shoulders? I assume total responsibility for the welfare of both my wife and I. My children are now very successful in their own right. I owe no debts other than the normal re-occurring ones such as electric bill, garbage pick-up, water, etc.

They are a wonder though, aren't they? They hate small business and corporations yet complain that small business and corporations aren't providing the jobs they want at the pay they desire. They want small business, corporations, and the wealthy taxed even more than they are now while many corporations are leaving because of their tax burdens, restrictions placed upon them and federal regulation. The wealthy are already paying most of the country's liabilities. Many of these nuts are now having to work at part-time jobs without benefits because of their business stagnating economic policies. Their own retirement returns are in jeopardy because of part-time employment coupled with dependency upon SNAP, Earned Income Credit, and other entitlement programs which provides a temporary sense of well-being but will not count toward their Social Security enumeration.

Hate is a big factor and occupies most of their time. They appear to hate just about everyone. They hate: Republicans, Conservatives, John Beihner, George Bush, Ronald Reagan, Clint Eastwood, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, the Supreme Court, Big Pharm, Big Oil, Burger King, MacDonalds, the Church, God, Jesus, the Pope, small business, corporations, the wealthy and successful, white men, the Hispanics when they get the attention of the President and the Democrat politicians, Fox News, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh. There are others but I am tired.

Who's going to take care of them? They don't have the ambition nor initiative to go into business for themselves. They all want a college education which only trains them for a particular job or industry. Many restaurants now employ college graduates. That's the future they want? The people they hate are eventually just going to retire and live off their own fortune and let these nuts fend for themselves.

Who's "they"?

Who's "they"?

The ones who have been doing it. The old grey-haired Conservatives in suits. We will soon be gone, retired, dead, or living off our dirty and tremendous wealth.

Who's "they"?

The ones who have been doing it. The old grey-haired Conservatives in suits. We will soon be gone, retired, dead, or living off our dirty and tremendous wealth.

Oh! "They" are old conservatives! Excellent!

Isn't the responsibility for anyone squarely upon his/her own shoulders? I assume total responsibility for the welfare of both my wife and I. My children are now very successful in their own right. I owe no debts other than the normal re-occurring ones such as electric bill, garbage pick-up, water, etc.

For most of us.

I just had this conversation earlier. There is no desire of the American people to revert to a feudal society.

To an extent, yes. But when you have been working at the same factory for 20 years and the government suddenly makes it easier for that factory to move overseas or be consumed by foreign competition, it seems only fair that the government try to find a job opportunity IN YOUR TOWN to replace it and not some of this "Move to where the jobs are. You can get rich fracking in the Dakotas" nonsense. Nobody is responsible to give anybody a job, but if you go out of your way to destroy one, then you should bear some cost with your benefit.

To an extent, yes. But when you have been working at the same factory for 20 years and the government suddenly makes it easier for that factory to move overseas or be consumed by foreign competition, it seems only fair that the government try to find a job opportunity IN YOUR TOWN to replace it and not some of this "Move to where the jobs are. You can get rich fracking in the Dakotas" nonsense. Nobody is responsible to give anybody a job, but if you go out of your way to destroy one, then you should bear some cost with your benefit.

Off the top of my head the only ones I can think of who have done that are the Democrats and President Obama. Now they are trying to build a fence to force companies to remain in the United States instead of making it more attractive for their staying and to attract more companies into the United States.

Forum List

Back