Why the demrats don't want voter ID

What does this have to do with Voter ID laws?

Some of the cases sited in the article are more about registration however the illegals voting in a number of cities have been pointed out here. the voting system in this country is a mess, period. It needs to be cleaned up.

Can you show us the cases that Voter ID laws would have prevented?

What do you think the article is about?

These are registration issues being cited. Which has nothing to do with Voter ID.....the requirement of having ID at the polling station to verify your identity to vote.

Some of the cases sited in the article are more about registration however the illegals voting in a number of cities have been pointed out here. the voting system in this country is a mess, period. It needs to be cleaned up.

Voter ID provides proof of legal residence and citizenship, very simple and would cut down greatly on examples cited in the article.

Voter ID provides proof of legal residence and citizenship, very simple and would cut down greatly on examples cited in the article.

Which voter ID laws require proof of citizenship? I've voted in Texas with very strict voter ID laws....and I never had to provide say, a passport in order to vote.

Which voter ID laws require proof of citizenship? I've voted in Texas with very strict voter ID laws....and I never had to provide say, a passport in order to vote.

that was just one suggestion. So long as the person lives where they vote and votes only once and are US citizens I'm fine.

Voter ID will prevent a lot of fraud. Why do other countries have voter ID?

that was just one suggestion. So long as the person lives where they vote and votes only once and are US citizens I'm fine.

Voter ID laws don't really address this. You're talking about voter registration reform. Which is a completely different issue.

Voter ID laws don't really address this. You're talking about voter registration reform. Which is a completely different issue.
Whatever. Do you oppose a voter ID?

One must show ID to register to vote and prove citizenship.

What fraud? In person voter fraud is spectacularly rare. In texas for example, in 50,000,0000 votes cast over 10 years.....they had 8 examples of it.

That's 0.00016%.

To put that into perspective, if you were traveling across the United States, 0.00016% of the trip is about a 1/8th of an inch.

What fraud? In person voter fraud is spectacularly rare. In texas for example, in 50,000,0000 votes cast over 10 years.....they had 8 examples of it.

That's 0.00016%.

To put that into perspective, if you were traveling across the United States, 0.00016% of the trip is about a 1/8th of an inch.
Whatever. Answer the question. Do you oppose voter ID?

I don't see the point of it.

Voter fraud is really, really rare. And even among the small amount that does exist, virtually all is in registration, double voting in different states, felons voting, or absentee ballots.

Almost none is in person voter fraud. Voter ID laws have virtually nothing to do with the integrity of elections.

I don't see the point of it.

Almost all voter fraud is in registration, double voting, felons voting, or absentee ballots.

Almost none is in person voter fraud. It has virtually nothing to do with the integrity of elections.
So you oppose voter ID. I could walk into a polling place, tell the clerk that's my name and point to a name on a list and that would be enough.

Forum List

Back