Why the Church of Christ in the only true church

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to tell if your book is truly the HOLY SCRIPTUES of GOD?

When you utter holy words, that the window to heaven is opened and a bright light is focused onto the speaker as if they were channeling the divine.

Tell me, has this ever happened to you when you read from the book you think is Holy? No? Ohh, maybe you need to find the correct Holy Book, then?

We know that the Word of God , not the doctrines and traditions of men, is the truth on which we base our faith because:

2 Timothy 3:16-21
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

And:

2 Peter 1:16-19

16 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty.

17 For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

18 And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.

19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed,[a] which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts;

20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God[c] spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Of the wicked who devise and follow after the way of men and not God the Scripture says:

2 Peter 2:1-3

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.

2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed.

3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does[a] not slumber

When one follows the Word of God and His Word only they cannot and will not go astray except if they willfully backslide and if they do their judgment and condemnation from God will be greater for the Word tells us:

2 Peter 2:20:23

20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.

21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.

22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,”[e] and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

The Word of God is so wonderful, Amen.

Last edited:
Bass, not only was the Bible written by man, but it was written in ancient dead languages, translated a half dozen times before it was written in English. Your belief that what YOUR Bible says is what the original Bible said is ludicrous and laughable.

Furthermore, scriptures left from the Bible that directly contradict much of what was written in the Bible prove that your Bible is nothing more than the work of MAN, not God. The Dead Sea Scrolls, the recent exclusion of the Apocrypha, the exclusions of the testaments of Mary, Enoch, Nicodemus and countless others all point to the fact that the Bible was a creation of man. Man decided what was and was not the word of God.

Stop your blithering idiocy.

The Bible is the inspired Word of God and does not contradicts itself, have you even read the scriptures yourself with the Spirit and with understanding or are you merely uttering nonsense spoken by men who are anti-Christian and therefore anti-God? If you have at least demonstrated that you have read and searched the scriptures yourself and came to your conclusion the Bass might have more respect for you, but since you utter the same anti Bible garbage what reason has the Bass to even respond to your nonsense?

The Bible is the inspired Word of God and does not contradicts itself, have you even read the scriptures yourself with the Spirit and with understanding or are you merely uttering nonsense spoken by men who are anti-Christian and therefore anti-God? If you have at least demonstrated that you have read and searched the scriptures yourself and came to your conclusion the Bass might have more respect for you, but since you utter the same anti Bible garbage what reason has the Bass to even respond to your nonsense?

Not only have I read the Bible in many different formats, but I have also read the Apocrypha in their entirety. The contradictions run amok. Does that mean I dismiss the message? Not even a little bit. I'm not religious, but I am a believer and a follower of God. I find that all religions, yours included, are nothing more than large gatherings of hypocritical, sanctimonious cowards who can't stand on their own and discover the true meaning of the word of God for themselves. They need someone to read it, understand it for them, and tell them how, when, and why to worship.

Furthermore, referring to one's self in third person is a sign of extreme egotism and idolization. Both are condemned in the Bible.

Its easy to distinguish who's wrong and who's right, those who follow the Bible and the bible only are the ones in righteousness, those who don't are not, it doesn't matter how good they look.

In your humble opinion... That does NOT make it correct.

-Joe

Not in the Bass' opinion but according to the Word of God, for without it the Church of Christ has no moral authority and or foundation.

Charlie, the word of god is only THE Word of God in your opinion. I respect your belief in it. I understand your passion behind your opinion. I understand that you are not alone in your opinion. It still does not make it any more than YOUR opinion.

Until you accept that my opinion is just as valid in my mind as yours is in yours, and you agree that I am not judged a sinner until I judge myself a sinner, you are a self righteous bigot.

Unless you allow me the grace to, as you did once, judge myself to be a sinner, based on my looking at my own life through the Word you hold so precious, you are a bigot for believing me a lesser man for my 'heathen' beliefs in the meantime.

The only other way for you to have the right to judge me is for you to convince enough of our neighbors to legally convict me a sinner. Good luck with that.

-Joe

Last edited:
it's a good thing that jesus's example taught us that the most important lesson of his death is vehemently insisting that we are personally right and everyone else is wrong.

Bass, not only was the Bible written by man, but it was written in ancient dead languages, translated a half dozen times before it was written in English. Your belief that what YOUR Bible says is what the original Bible said is ludicrous and laughable.

Furthermore, scriptures left from the Bible that directly contradict much of what was written in the Bible prove that your Bible is nothing more than the work of MAN, not God. The Dead Sea Scrolls, the recent exclusion of the Apocrypha, the exclusions of the testaments of Mary, Enoch, Nicodemus and countless others all point to the fact that the Bible was a creation of man. Man decided what was and was not the word of God.

Stop your blithering idiocy.

In your opinion.

In my opinion, it is a book of old stories, some more relevant than others.

Until you agree that I have just as much right to my opinion as you have to yours, you are an un-American, self-righteous bigot.

-Joe

If you were teaching what the Bible actually said, wouldnt you be recieving more scripture? After all, God is a God of revelation. He still reveals His will to men. The Testimony of Jesus Christ is the Spirit of Prophecy.

So where are your recent revelations? Where are you Apostles and Prophets? Do you have any gifts of the Spirit? Do you believe in the laying on of hands?

Because it be really nice if people stopped worshipping the Bible and started focusing on the Lord it teaches about.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
The Bible is the inspired Word of God and does not contradicts itself

Ps 104:5 the LORD hath founded the earth upon its own bases; it shall not be removed forever and ever

1 Ch 16: 30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Contradicted by

Isa 24:19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed

it's a good thing that jesus's example taught us that the most important lesson of his death is vehemently insisting that we are personally right and everyone else is wrong.

You don't know anything about the Word of God you infidel, do even pretend that you know anything about the true message.

You don't know anything about the Word of God you infidel, do even pretend that you know anything about the true message.

Not only shogun's point exactly, but I don't think Jesus was into name calling or aggressivity.

Corinthians, Acts and Romans makes it pretty obvious that the last thing we should be doing, as a church, is telling churches who do things a little differently how wrong they are. We aren't supposed to argue over the little things....it doesn't matter what church you belong to so long as you use the bible as your guide and seek after CHrist honestly. If you do that, the minor differences between say the Church of Christ, New Testament Baptist churches, Southern Baptist, Presbyterian, Methodist, are pretty minor.

There's no doubt there will be some discussion at the end of what is TRULY proper and right when it comes to worshipping God...after all, God will be there to explain it....but I don't believe God will exclude people from heaven, if they are truly saved and made an honest attempt to live by the Bible, based on whether they're Seventh Day Adventists or Church of Christ parishioners.

Not only shogun's point exactly, but I don't think Jesus was into name calling or aggressivity.

Shut up, shut up, shut up.

Corinthians, Acts and Romans makes it pretty obvious that the last thing we should be doing, as a church, is telling churches who do things a little differently how wrong they are. We aren't supposed to argue over the little things....it doesn't matter what church you belong to so long as you use the bible as your guide and seek after CHrist honestly. If you do that, the minor differences between say the Church of Christ, New Testament Baptist churches, Southern Baptist, Presbyterian, Methodist, are pretty minor.

There's no doubt there will be some discussion at the end of what is TRULY proper and right when it comes to worshipping God...after all, God will be there to explain it....but I don't believe God will exclude people from heaven, if they are truly saved and made an honest attempt to live by the Bible, based on whether they're Seventh Day Adventists or Church of Christ parishioners.

Those three books make clear that we should all be following the same word of God and should have *NO* divisions among us as Christians. One plants, another waters but *GOD* gives the increase.

Those three books make clear that we should all be following the same word of God and should have *NO* divisions among us as Christians. One plants, another waters but *GOD* gives the increase.

Paul also chastises the churches severely for being arrogant and judgmental of their brothers and sisters in Christ, based solely on tradition.

It's abundantly clear that I know more about the chistian faith than you do. You won't find 5 people on this forum that will support your application of scripture. You might ask yourself why this is a fact.

the sad punchline of this is that I'm as atheist as the day is long and it's Charles Bass that represents christianity in this thread.

Then again.. maybe we'll dig up some scrolls in israel where jesus is quoted as saying how much he hates stinking pussied whores who should be banned and burned by Ceasar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back