Why the Church doesn't need more Starbucks

Churches appealing to a customer base is nothing new.

This woman is grieving; of course she doesn't need a Starbucks to get her into a church. But for those who don't desperately need the comfort of religion, a little fresh-brewed coffee might make church more appealing, and the faith might follow.

Free coffee at church is as American as apple pie. What's new is expensive coffee being sold at church, not to mention that this expensive coffee is bought from a company infamous for its hostility to Christianity.

I don't think the strategy of pimping with Starbucks is working. Christian faith and church attendance is in decline. These hip mega-churches are exit doors from the faith.

Churches appealing to a customer base is nothing new.

This woman is grieving; of course she doesn't need a Starbucks to get her into a church. But for those who don't desperately need the comfort of religion, a little fresh-brewed coffee might make church more appealing, and the faith might follow.

Free coffee at church is as American as apple pie. What's new is expensive coffee being sold at church, not to mention that this expensive coffee is bought from a company infamous for its hostility to Christianity.

I don't think the strategy of pimping with Starbucks is working. Christian faith and church attendance is in decline. These hip mega-churches are exit doors from the faith.

Exactly. Church attendance is declining. People don't feel they need Jesus to live full, happy lives. Those who go to a church for Starbucks, probably aren't very faith-filled in the first place.

It is a different mask on an old practise.These symbols are always being given a modern slant or take so they do not get stale....If one wants to be honest and one wants to research these things then there is plenty of information on the Roman goddess Minerva... Her symbol adorns many things.. She can be found on the top of many a skyscraper and many a statue... Her symbol may even adorn a " Cup" as simple as coffee and yes if there is money to be made rest assure that religious institutions steeped in paganism are not against using them to feather their own nests....

Starbucks' cold and watery coffee frappuccinos in church coffee bars is not free. They're expensive.

Mega-Churches Offer Prayer, Play, Shopping - ABC News
abcnews.go.com/GMA/Business/story?id=617341
  1. Similar
Mar 27, 2005 - There is even a food court where the Ellises frequently eat, complete with a Starbucks. For the Ellis kids, church is actually fun. "It's not like, 'Oh, ...
A church with its own Starbucks - AJC.com
www.ajc.com/news/local/church-with-its...starbucks/Ckv68tiE3hfc8voP6Z2W8H/
  1. Cached
The new building for 12Stone Church on Buford Drive doesn't have a sanctuary. It has a worship experience center. And what an experience it will be for the ...
Commerce in church: faith-based enterprise or unholy invasion ...
www.csmonitor.com/2004/1229/p01s04-ussc.html
  1. Cached
  2. Similar
Dec 29, 2004 - Those who crave Starbucks can step over to a kiosk at Grace Capital Church in Pembroke, N.H. At True Bethel Baptist Church in Buffalo, N.Y., ...

A few years ago I visited a mega church for some holiday craft show. They had a Starbucks (not nearly as big as the one in the pic) but I was like wth lol. It was a large modern building with a kiosk. Seemed more like a large social club. There was also a huge list of self help meeting groups and events.
. The focus was mainly on families, even had a large banner with images of 3 perfect & intact families of different races.

It was like the plastic, feel good road to nowhere land to nowhere.
I seriously doubt they ever heard of repentance.

A few years ago I visited a mega church for some holiday craft show. They had a Starbucks (not nearly as big as the one in the pic) but I was like wth lol. It was a large modern building with a kiosk. Seemed more like a large social club. There was also a huge list of self help meeting groups and events.
. The focus was mainly on families, even had a large banner with images of 3 perfect & intact families of different races.

It was like the plastic, feel good road to nowhere land to nowhere.
I seriously doubt they ever heard of repentance.

Yes, a deistic social club. But, without the pool and golf course. On the other hand, membership dues aren't mandatory. Megachurches are part of a post-Christian form of religion, for a post-Christian society.

I think the Lord would prefer a few number of devout disciples to large groups of sometimes saints

Forum List

Back