Why the black hole image is nonsense

This image makes sense only if the universe is 2d, in reality the halo around the hole would be 3d surrounding the hole at the center

Lol, but idiots believe

black hole image - Google Search:

You know, as someone with a background in physics and astronomy, I find people like you who are absolutely ignorant of things they constantly talk about authoritatively very offensive.

Well what I think he is saying is that if there is energy being released at the transition layer around the black hole, and we see that energy release as mass is ripped in structure and crushed, then since the black hole is spherical, there should also be the same energy releases as light in front of the black hole as well.
However, I think the mistake is that the black hole is spinning, and the debris is not slowly moving straight in, but is orbiting.
Those two factors turn what would be a spherical shell of light, into a halo ring of light, I think,

Well what I think he is saying is that if there is energy being released at the transition layer around the black hole, and we see that energy release as mass is ripped in structure and crushed, then since the black hole is spherical, there should also be the same energy releases as light in front of the black hole as well.
However, I think the mistake is that the black hole is spinning, and the debris is not slowly moving straight in, but is orbiting.
Those two factors turn what would be a spherical shell of light, into a halo ring of light, I think,

It's not spherical shell of material. The material generally sits in a disk, due to the black hole's rotation. The material between us and the black hole is not seen by us as being between us and the black hole, as that light is bent away from the straight, direct path to us by the gravity of the black hole.

Last edited:
This image makes sense only if the universe is 2d, in reality the halo around the hole would be 3d surrounding the hole at the center

Lol, but idiots believe

I have been real pix of the Black holes. They have not determined just what they are for sure. They could very well be a massive Planet.

remember the more the mass more the gravity and large enough they would attract other lesser planets. They blow up and large amount of matter is thrown out. They are black because they won't let light out the gravity is to strong. My theory is just as good as the Astro Jockeys

Lol, but idiots believe

I still stand by my post. Gravity is found in everything and has a value.
Mass is determined by size of a planet. This can be seen with the moon landings. Smaller than Earth.
So if the so called Black hole is in fact a massive planet with such massive gravity that light can not escape it would look like a hole. At some point the gravity gets so great it changes the planet as you all know.

Lol, but idiots believe

I still stand by my post. Gravity is found in everything and has a value.
Mass is determined by size of a planet. This can be seen with the moon landings. Smaller than Earth.
So if the so called Black hole is in fact a massive planet with such massive gravity that light can not escape it would look like a hole. At some point the gravity gets so great it changes the planet as you all know.
Actually gravity does not explain the observed movements observed in the universe and as far as black holes are concerned nothing is known only speculated. Bye the way a hole in space would not look any different than the empty space around it also please explain how a lightless hole can have size. The thing everyone misses is that the radiation coming out of or surrounding the hole is that this would be in the form of a 3d shell surrounding the hole and hiding the entire thing making photography impossible, theoretically anyway

But you use big letters to detail why you failed algebra

The thing everyone misses is that the radiation coming out of or surrounding the hole is that this would be in the form of a 3d shell surrounding the hole and hiding the entire thing making photography impossible, theoretically anyway
100% wrong.

You really know less than nothing about any of this.

It's not spherical shell of material. The material generally sits in a disk, due to the black hole's rotation. The material between us and the black hole is not seen by us as being between us and the black hole, as that light is bent away from the straight, direct path to us by the gravity of the black hole.

I will buy the idea the spinning of the black hole would cause the incoming material to form a disk.
But I do not get the idea the black hole would interfere at all with any light being generated by any material in front of the black hole. When the black hole is directly behind the material being taken in, the black hole could not bend the light.
So I think it is more likely that there just is no material in front of the black hole, but only in the spiral disk of material. And if you were not looking directly perpendicular to the disk, it would not even look like a black hole, because you would be seeing the edge of the disk instead of the hole.

Forum List

Back