Why the Bible must be taught in Public Schools

Do you agree with the argument in the thread (not necessarily the application)

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Somewhere in between

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
No one can disagree with the fact and truth that the Bible is a worldview. The Old Testament forms the Hebraic worldview. The New Testament and the Old forms the Christian worldview.

A worldview is the process of socialization, the lens through which we interpret events, and thus determine the outcome of politics, ethics, laws and etc.

There is an identifiable, hostile to Christianity, worldview taught in Public Schools.

It is called secular humanism.

Secular humanism argues in part that truth is relative, that morals are experiential and not absolute, that science is opposed to religion (even though science was created by men of the Christian worldview, for Christians, and Christians don't disagree with science since like terrorism, it is a strategy; an approach...not a belief).

Secular humanism is an affront to Christianity, it has a broad spectrum of results, from Hitler, to the UK, from New England to modern Germany, but secular humanism can be brutish, and is illogical.

Of course, public schools no longer teach logic to children.

Because, secular humanism is a worldview, just as Christianity is a worldview; because secular humanism is in conflict with Christianity; because the Government (Federal nor State) can choose one religion over another, or anti-religion over pro-religion, or vice versa;

It should be resolved that the Bible must be taught in public schools.

I further would argue that if you are afraid that your child's exposure to Christianity, and to what Christianity teaches and is about, is going to make your child a Christian, then you should have your head examined.
By the way in high school most public schools cover every religion usually in history class and bible should not be the only religious book taught in school. And I think it should only be taught as historic reference with nothing pretaining to beliefs.

Really? I looked at my old history book from high school and guess what, it didn't teach that Jesus Christ was resurrected. So it really didn't teach anything about Christianity.

Because if the Tomb were not Empty there's no point.

Now, beside that, it's not about "history" I'm talking worldviews.

Schools teach secular humanist worldviews, that is "things are relative". When what they should be teaching are Christian worldviews or the worldviews of their LOCAL PARENTS whose children are attending that Public School.

The curriculum should make room for the Parent's worldviews to be expressed.

After all, it's their children, and to a Christian, each child is God's child...it sure as hell is not the states' child. Period. So they don't get to decide what to teach our kids.

Period.

Sheesh. Go peddle your idiocy somewhere else. Christianity is just one of many religions, and it borrows much of it's mythology from prior religions, from virgin birth to resurection.

I finally decided to go talk to my 6 year old son's principal the other day about an after school program hosted by the school. My son brought home a permission slip, and wanted me to sign it, so he could go to this after school program and play games and eat snacks. Of course, he had no clue of the fact that is was a Christian sponsored program.

Someone said earlier that schools don't teach logic. I for one am very glad I wasn't involved in any sort of religious program when I was in school (especially at 6 years old). Not being involved allowed me to think logically, instead of being told by people, people that I had no choice but to look up to, that "God" was real, and if I didn't believe in him, I would go to hell.

Religion has absolutely no place in school. Even teaching comparative religions would leave the door wide of for so much bias teaching, which would defeat it's whole purpose. Kids have a right to have an opinion, and not be told beliefs as facts.

I will have no problem if my son decides to be a Christian, a Buddhist, a Muslim, or an Atheist when he is older, as long as he had the opportunity to make the decision. In my honest opinion, luring children into believing in any religion with snakes, fun games, or the fear of hell, is just plain sick. Really, really, sick.

I think church and church activities are a great concept, if only they didn't involve religion.

I am all for teaching of the bible, word for word, as a study on mythology and how they take names of real places and common people then alter them to make it so much bigger than life. Sadly it will make more people grow up to be atheists instead of seeking some form of religion (like the many others that exist), but meh.

In my honest opinion, luring children into believing in any religion with snakes, fun games, or the fear of hell, is just plain sick. Really, really, sick.

I agree. It says a lot that they need to lure unsuspecting children through the door in order to proselytize to them.

I saw a report on the news one night about a Christian group that sponsored a "Teen Night" with beverages, dancing and music. The publicity for this event did not mention the church sponsorship and a lot of kids of varying religious beliefs attended but found out after the doors were shut that they were being subjected to christian proselytizing. Parents were rightfully outraged when the kids told them what went on at this "Teen Night" and when the news reporter interviewed the representative from the church, he asked "Why was no one told that this would be a religious event?". The church rep answered "If we told them that, nodody would come!".

Yeah, ya think?

Kalam, you missed the manifest of the Flying Spagetti Monster! I now feel discriminated in my religion!!!

If you want to promote christianity amongst youths, stick the "parental advisory need, explicit contents" on the bible that especially the Old testament definitly deserves.

biblewarninglabel5qa_1.jpg

If you want your kids to be taught The Bible then send them to a private school, Sunday school, or CCD or something of that nature. There are plenty of options available that don't violate the separation of church and state.

Except my taxes don't go to private schools, or Sunday schools, or CCD, or anything of that nature.

My taxes go to PUBLIC SCHOOL.

So the Public School that I pay for, and that other Christians pay for, are hostile to our children.

How are you not already violating the US Constitution by teaching a secular humanist worldview, denying the Christian worldview, and therefore choosing one religion over another?

How about Christians leave Public Schools, and stop paying taxes for them too?

i g o to private school and m y familie pay taxes.

Forum List

Back