why the backlash against organic food?

blu

Sep 21, 2009
It has come up again with the pushing of healthy food by the whitehouse. The only things I see wrong with it is besides the food itself. The mains issue I think most people have with it are the elitist stigma that liberals have placed on and the more expensive price, but the fresh, non-altered food does taste much better....

why do people hate ti so much? before mass production of food, everyone ate organic because it was the only thing there. some people have mocked it because they say it could be unsafe due to lack of pesticides and such but organic growing has much much tougher restrictions on it than normal for exactly that reason.

We buy it currently for everything but meat since we couldn't afford that big jump yet (its often 3x the price of non-organic meat), but we get the meat too for approiate occasions. Assuming you are willing to cook everything from scratch/close to it, teh food always tastes infinitely better and you are not eating any of the junk put in by mass producers.

I do understand the hippie/liberal issue though. I go to whole foods on off hours to shop just to avoid them because they drive me nuts.

before mass production of food, everyone ate organic because it was the only thing there.
//

Not correct at all. Many garderners/small farmers still use some pesticides. I do some of them myself and follow safety procedures. I recall Malithion and even DDT being used when I was a boy.

It has come up again with the pushing of healthy food by the whitehouse. The only things I see wrong with it is besides the food itself. The mains issue I think most people have with it are the elitist stigma that liberals have placed on and the more expensive price, but the fresh, non-altered food does taste much better....

why do people hate ti so much? before mass production of food, everyone ate organic because it was the only thing there. some people have mocked it because they say it could be unsafe due to lack of pesticides and such but organic growing has much much tougher restrictions on it than normal for exactly that reason.

We buy it currently for everything but meat since we couldn't afford that big jump yet (its often 3x the price of non-organic meat), but we get the meat too for approiate occasions. Assuming you are willing to cook everything from scratch/close to it, teh food always tastes infinitely better and you are not eating any of the junk put in by mass producers.

I do understand the hippie/liberal issue though. I go to whole foods on off hours to shop just to avoid them because they drive me nuts.

I love shopping at Whole Foods.

Everything costs more, not only the meat.

But I like the Hawt Wimmins that go to the Boulder Store. I'll pay a premium to oggle them.

But I like the Hawt Wimmins that go to the Boulder Store. I'll pay a premium to oggle them.

good point :p

I meant the meat seems to have the biggest price difference. many times vegetables are with 1 or 2 cents compared to the other local groceries near me while meat can be a number of times higher

LOL, same reason I worked in a food co-op in the 70's.
Those liberal braless chicks......

I like the Mountains around Boulder.:redface:

Wimmin Develop Firm Buttocks Hiking to Whole Foods.

Where is there any backlash, hate? Organic seems pretty darn popular to me. Frankly I think its kind of the fad of the day.

I like the Mountains around Boulder.:redface:

Wimmin Develop Firm Buttocks Hiking to Whole Foods.

I concur, colorado has the best asses I've ever seen!

Forum List

Back