Why the 2nd Amendment needs to be reconsidered...

Not that I think it was about anything but Militias, but let's pretend we are in National Rampage Association crazy land...

This is a Revolutionary War Era Musket. It could fire 2-3 rounds a minute in the hands of a trained infantryman. Accurate to only about 100 yards.

20020045-449_lrg.jpg

One of the main reasons the colonists were able to win the Revolutionary War was because many of them carried Kentucky long rifles... which, at the time, represented the latest technology in small-arms weaponry... these rifles were a vast improvement over the standard-issue muskets in terms of accuracy... a skilled marksman with a Kentucky long rifle could pick off a British officer at 200 yards with ease... sometimes even as far as 300-400 yards... all of which caused great consternation among the Brits as they attempted to reign in the colonists by force of arms...

the Framers recognized that an armed citizenry, having access to the latest small-arms technology, was vital to making sure that the guarantees granted by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights would be able to survive any future threat of tyranny, whether foreign or home-grown...

This is a AR-15 Bushmaster.

bushmaster_ar15_carbine.jpg

It can fire 45 Rounds per minute, and has a maximum effective range of 450 meters.

If the Framers of the Constitution were able to somehow materialize before us, they would be of the opinion that each and every sane and law-abiding American man and woman should have one of these...

That gun can kill someone? Impressive. I would have thought it would take a person pulling the trigger. Who knew?

On the other hand, if you really want to protect the child, we should ban cars since children aged 0-14 are 12 times more likely to die in a automobile accident than to be killed with a firearm.

Among the 10 Leading Causes of death for kids under 14, the use of firearms ranks dead last, about 1.5%. The kid is FAR more likely die by drowning, burning, suffocating, poisoning, or a car accident than it is by the use of a firearm.

"Mendacity comes in three forms- Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics"- Benjamin Disreali.

Actually, since that gun is 43 times more likely to kill one of her kids than it will ever kill a bad guy, I think I'd want to look out for her kid.

What were you saying about liars and statistics? :lol:

Actually, since that gun is 43 times more likely to kill one of her kids than it will ever kill a bad guy, I think I'd want to look out for her kid.

I doubt that she would want you to look out for her kids!

Actually, that chick's just a model, I doubt she cares one way or the other...

But more to the point, a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy...

We really do need someone to look out for the kids of stupid people who've bought into the Gun Industry's hype.

The National Rampage Association is an arm of the gun industry. They are not your friend, they don't care about you other than the money in your wallet. GET REAL.

I suspect that a bathtub in the home is at least 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy...

and I can't remember ever hearing about anybody using a bathtub to protect himself and his family...

eta: lesson to be learned from the OP's logic... we should give up bathtubs and go around stinky... for the children's sake... :)

Last edited:
I doubt that she would want you to look out for her kids!

But more to the point, a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy...

We really do need someone to look out for the kids of stupid people who've bought into the Gun Industry's hype.

The National Rampage Association is an arm of the gun industry. They are not your friend, they don't care about you other than the money in your wallet. GET REAL.

I suspect that a bathtub in the home is at least 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy...

and I can't remember ever hearing about anybody using a bathtub to protect himself and his family...

You're wasting your time. He hates mormons and freedom. He came here espousing his version of the virtues of conservatism yet is even more radical than the fringe left in his views.

Last edited:

You're wasting your time. He hates mormons and freedom. He came here espousing his version of the virtues of conservatism yet is even more radical than the fringe left in his views.

yeah... I know... but dumbfucks like Joe are like low-hanging fruit... just too tempting to resist... :)

Not that I think it was about anything but Militias, but let's pretend we are in National Rampage Association crazy land...

This is a Revolutionary War Era Musket. It could fire 2-3 rounds a minute in the hands of a trained infantryman. Accurate to only about 100 yards.

20020045-449_lrg.jpg

One of the main reasons the colonists were able to win the Revolutionary War was because many of them carried Kentucky long rifles... which, at the time, represented the latest technology in small-arms weaponry... these rifles were a vast improvement over the standard-issue muskets in terms of accuracy... a skilled marksman with a Kentucky long rifle could pick off a British officer at 200 yards with ease... sometimes even as far as 300-400 yards... all of which caused great consternation among the Brits as they attempted to reign in the colonists by force of arms...

the Framers recognized that an armed citizenry, having access to the latest small-arms technology, was vital to making sure that the guarantees granted by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights would be able to survive any future threat of tyranny, whether foreign or home-grown...

This is a AR-15 Bushmaster.

bushmaster_ar15_carbine.jpg

It can fire 45 Rounds per minute, and has a maximum effective range of 450 meters.

If the Framers of the Constitution were able to somehow materialize before us, they would be of the opinion that each and every sane and law-abiding American man and woman should have one of these...

Joe would do well to add this to his reading list.

Regulating the Militia - National Review Online

The problem is, when "conservativism" became "whatever big corporations say it should be, or increases their bottom line", it became a meaningless concept.

Case in point. Most sensible people don't want crazy people to have guns...

Except big corporations know the crazy are their best customers...

Among the more frustrating aspects of the ‘gun debate’ is the absent of facts and information.

As well as logic and reason.

You want to talk about bans on certain types of firearms or their accessories. Okay. Please tell us how these bans would avoid the predictable consequence of putting law abiding citizens at a disadvantage when facing armed criminals who really could care less about your regulations?

Stated differently, what makes you think bad guys would be prevented or even deterred from obtaining these banned items, thereby giving them an advantage against the good guys? Why would you want to give criminals an edge? I find that approach insane.

Personally, I'm happy to support stiffer sentences for criminals that use a firearm in the commission of their crimes. Fine. But I cannot support new regulations that restrict our ability to defend ourselves against these assholes.

Any thoughts Clayton? Trying to keep things "informative, civil, and reasonable".

:dunno:

our greatest problem is the People in this country that put this man into office and his coherts. It is the Minds of the voters that has eroded and become incapable of seeing what this Man is doing to all of us, including to them.
I am neither Rep or Dem, and don't believe in associating myself into either party. I am an American, not a party affliation. I can think for myself and don't need a Party to form my way of thinking. The majority of people have controlled minds by their party. I do not believe in the two party system because it pits people against one another when we should all be "united we stand".as americans, not as a rep or democrat. Just because you belong to a certain party does not mean you have to be mentally controlled by them and for them.
I do not believe in communism and that is what this administration believes in. Obama has many people fooled and its a shame. He is a tricky person that uses the power of words on people, and the weak minded people fall gullible to it. Obama is a very professional con artist.

I think that when you guys blurt out words like "Communism", you all sound kind of silly.

This is really a simple debate.

Should crazy people have access to military grade weapons?

And the answer is "No, they shouldn't."

and they don't but you are too fucking stupid to understand that you fucking moron.

No one but the military has access to military grade weapons,

Last edited:
You sure do talk about guys' penises a lot.

Meanwhile, back in reality:

gunowners1.jpg

Why do you want this woman disarmed? So she can be victimized?

Liar.

You want that woman disarmed. Undeniably.

71529101512016008316419.jpg

As well as logic and reason.

You want to talk about bans on certain types of firearms or their accessories. Okay. Please tell us how these bans would avoid the predictable consequence of putting law abiding citizens at a disadvantage when facing armed criminals who really could care less about your regulations?

Stated differently, what makes you think bad guys would be prevented or even deterred from obtaining these banned items, thereby giving them an advantage against the good guys? Why would you want to give criminals an edge? I find that approach insane.

Personally, I'm happy to support stiffer sentences for criminals that use a firearm in the commission of their crimes. Fine. But I cannot support new regulations that restrict our ability to defend ourselves against these assholes.

Any thoughts Clayton? Trying to keep things "informative, civil, and reasonable".

:dunno:

Crickets...

And you have the temerity to say you don't hate freedom?

You're a lying sack of shit.

He wants govt in every one of his orifices. He can't think for himself so he alludes to a sub-mediocrity entity such as govt to do it.

Given the internet is the scene of more crime and illegality than your average street corner, yeay, I think it needs to be policed.

So do those dead hookers from Craig's List, I imagine.
They weren't murdered on the internet, dumbass.

You sure do talk about guys' penises a lot.

Meanwhile, back in reality:

gunowners1.jpg

Why do you want this woman disarmed? So she can be victimized?

That gun can kill someone? Impressive. I would have thought it would take a person pulling the trigger. Who knew?

On the other hand, if you really want to protect the child, we should ban cars since children aged 0-14 are 12 times more likely to die in a automobile accident than to be killed with a firearm.

Among the 10 Leading Causes of death for kids under 14, the use of firearms ranks dead last, about 1.5%. The kid is FAR more likely die by drowning, burning, suffocating, poisoning, or a car accident than it is by the use of a firearm.
...thus proving that the freedom-hating Joe and scum like him really don't give a damn about kids.

They just want to disarm the population so the government they want can rule over everyone.

Disgusting.

One more fact that Jose neglects to mention, other then mass shootings are not unique to this country, and further proof that he is an ignorant fuck is the fact that the shooter in Norway managed to kill around 80 folks with a bolt action rifle. the one he says the constitution allows us. You know, a hunting gun. 5 rounds and shit.

[

Liar.

You want that woman disarmed. Undeniably.

Yes, I want her and everyone else who isn't a cop or a military person disarmed.

And before you go into your typical whine that "the criminals won't obey the law", the fact is, in other INdustrialized countries where guns are outlawed, they have very little gun violence or crime.

One more fact that Jose neglects to mention, other then mass shootings are not unique to this country, and further proof that he is an ignorant fuck is the fact that the shooter in Norway managed to kill around 80 folks with a bolt action rifle. the one he says the constitution allows us. You know, a hunting gun. 5 rounds and shit.

How often does Norway have mass shootings?

Or any of those other countries?

We have mass shootings every few weeks.

Besides the fact that 8 of those people were killed by a bomb, there was this little tidbit.

Upon returning to Norway, Breivik obtained a legal permit for a .223-caliber Ruger Mini-14 semi-automatic carbine, ostensibly for the purpose of hunting deer. He bought it in late 2010 for €1,400 ($2000). He wanted to purchase a 7.62x39mm Ruger Mini-30 semi-automatic carbine, but gun laws in Norway may have prevented Breivik from obtaining it.

He aquired or attempted to acquire guns and ammo from Germay,the Czech Republic, Poland and the US as well as Norway.

He also got access to the island where he killed most of his victims by dressing like a police officer, and then shooting the armed security guard when his guad was down.

Forum List

Back