Why Testing Should Be Required To Vote

Here's a simple solution.

EDUCATE PEOPLE. I know, I know, it's not the sort of policy that the politicians like. Educated people, people who can think for themselves, are people who are less likely to be taken in by the political bull sheet that goes on, ie, advertising to death with billions of dollars (7 billion last Presidential election), and therefore less likely to vote for the people who control the system (which demands useless education for many of the people).

But, you know, it's worth telling the politicians you want them to deal with education.

I mean, when you have things like the presidents wife saying kids should only eat one sachet of ketchup with their school meal and millions of people getting all worked up about the president telling people what to do, you know that there's a MASSIVE problem with education.

I mean (part 2), when you look on message boards like this and you see the carp that goes on (great fish, as long as you don't eat it), the complete lack of intelligence and the massive amounts of energy that go into reducing everything to the simplest, easiest way of understand and the most likely to solve absolutely anything, you know that there's a MASSIVE problem with education.

Great idea, I can get right to teaching those pigs to sing, I got plenty of time to waste and I love to annoy the pigs .....................

Kids don't want to learn, I heard a TV interview about labor skills and school.

The comment that stuck in my mind was that kids today wanted to sleep in school but expected to get out and make big money in the work force.

They get out dumb as bags of rocks and soon find out they are worthless ...............

Dumb as a bag of rocks is believing whatever you hear on t.v.

Only if you use those left propaganda machines like MSNBC & the Communist News Network ....................

So believing right wing made up stuff is intelligence but believing left wing made up stuff is stupidity?

A person who lives under a bridge has as much a right to vote as a CEO

That is how our country was founded
No it's not. Here's some history of the vote: Voting rights in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Does it really make sense to you that a homeless person has as much say in how America is run as a CEO?

Yes it does make sense.
Why should a CEO have more of a say? Just because he has more money? Why should money be the deciding factor in all of this?

In the US money buys politicians anyway. Democracy is dead (if it ever existed).

So believing right wing made up stuff is intelligence but believing left wing made up stuff is stupidity?

Neither side should make up shit ..............

What are you referring to as far as right wing made up stuff??

The left has, global warming climate change, white superiority, war on women, cops are worse than black thugs, lets not enforce laws on the books, yada, yada ............

The lefts bull shit has a horrendous stench and is easily identifiable ............

You were saying about the right??

No it's not. Here's some history of the vote: Voting rights in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Does it really make sense to you that a homeless person has as much say in how America is run as a CEO?

Yes it does make sense.
Why should a CEO have more of a say? Just because he has more money? Why should money be the deciding factor in all of this?

In the US money buys politicians anyway. Democracy is dead (if it ever existed).

No one said money was a deciding factor, work was the measure.

Has nothing to do with amount or who is making more, simply that you work and contribute to society through taxes.

The left has, global warming climate change, white superiority, war on women, cops are worse than black thugs, lets not enforce laws on the books, yada, yada ............

The lefts bull shit has a horrendous stench and is easily identifiable ............

What it may be is neither here nor there right now. This isn't a discussion about what is the made up stuff. This is a discussion about voting. So, keep with the program.

No one should make up stuff, but they do. They do because the voters often prefer the made up shit to the reality.

In German in 1990 Helmut Kohl's right wing CDU party said that reunification of Germany would be all flowers. The left wing SPD said it would be a hard road.
The people voted in the right wing CDU.
The people got the hard road the SPD had said would happen.

So in the end they were less prepare for the hard road because they thought they could just vote for the positive message.

Yes it does make sense.

As I have already stated, the amount one makes would have no bearing.

One vote is all one could and will ever get.

The assertion was that you needed to contribute to that society by working if you would like a say in it.

Even if you paid in no taxes, as long as you were working, then you would have money coming in and not be as much of a burden on society.

You want to have a say in society, then contribute to that society, but if we have to take care of you, then we shall determine as a group of workers / payers just exactly what we are willing to pay for.

Want a voice in that process, get a fucking job.

Does that register in your little simpleton brain??

What it may be is neither here nor there right now. This isn't a discussion about what is the made up stuff. This is a discussion about voting. So, keep with the program.

No one should make up stuff, but they do. They do because the voters often prefer the made up shit to the reality.

In German in 1990 Helmut Kohl's right wing CDU party said that reunification of Germany would be all flowers. The left wing SPD said it would be a hard road.

So in the end they were less prepare for the hard road because they thought they could just vote for the positive message.

We are not discussing Germany, remember as you reminded me this is a discussion about voting in the US .................

Yes it does make sense.

No one said money was a deciding factor, work was the measure.

Has nothing to do with amount or who is making more, simply that you work and contribute to society through taxes.

Okay, I'll work from the basis of work. This is all hyperthetical, we don't need to be debating the finer points, just the main point.

In 2012 there was a presidential election.
In 2008 there was a big economic decline in the US and other countries.

So, you have a job in 2008, you voted Obama. But because of the economic crisis that had started in 2007 you lost your job in 2009. By 2012 the number of jobs was not that high. A lot of poor people had been out of work for a while. So you take their vote away from them. Then the 2012 election would be skewed towards people in work, or people with money. So they'd less likely vote Obama. So it would constantly favor the richer party.

That doesn't make sense.

But imagine that I went to work in Wall Street. I make $50 million in three years then decide to retire on this money. Do I lose my vote or not?

I'm paying taxes when I spend my money. Just as anyone who spends money does. However I'm not paying taxes on wages because I don't earn a wage.

Yes it does make sense.

The assertion was that you needed to contribute to that society by working if you would like a say in it.

Even if you paid in no taxes, as long as you were working, then you would have money coming in and not be as much of a burden on society.

You want to have a say in society, then contribute to that society, but if we have to take care of you, then we shall determine as a group of workers / payers just exactly what we are willing to pay for.

Stop with the insults. I don't talk to people who insult. So, make you choice now, the next time I won't be forgiving.

Absolutely

A homeless man will vote for the candidate who will make his life better
A CEO will vote for the candidate who will make his life better

It all evens out
The number of CEO's is pretty fixed. The number of homeless, indigent, non-working citizens has no bounds. The unproductive will overwhelm the productive. Read Atlas Shrugged.
They are still citizens

The CEOs own a lot more congressmen than homeless people do
Shrug that

We are not discussing Germany, remember as you reminded me this is a discussion about voting in the US .................

Did you not see the point I was making? Should I be more explicit here?

What happened in Germany in the 1990s is an EXAMPLE of how people function.

Politicians make up stuff because people PREFER to listen to the made up stuff rather than the truth. Do you see how my example PROVES that this is the case?

This is an example of someone who is not only saying what they think, but also BACKING UP what they think with EVIDENCE. Do you understand this?

Yes it does make sense.

Having a job and more money is simply an indication of the CEO's ability to rationally think and act.

Those sleeping under bridges may be highly intelligent and millionaires that choose to eschew the trappings of civilization, but why take the risk of giving such people a say in matters that impact the prosperity and safety of the entire country?

Do you want the vagrant or CEO casting the deciding vote?

If you have 50 million in a bank collecting interest, then you will be paying taxes.

Even if you offshore it, when you bring it in to the country you would pay taxes thus qualifying you to vote.

If you had $50 million it would have to be kept in some form, cash or collateral, either way you will be paying taxes.

Those who have big money are going to contribute to society in one form or another thus they will have voting privileges.

Yes it does make sense.

Stop with the insults. I don't talk to people who insult. So, make you choice now, the next time I won't be forgiving.

Oh I'm scared for life ..............

Yes it does make sense.

Having a job and more money is simply an indication of the CEO's ability to rationally think and act.

Those sleeping under bridges may be highly intelligent and millionaires that choose to eschew the trappings of civilization, but why take the risk of giving such people a say in matters that impact the prosperity and safety of the entire country?

Does it matter?

One man, one vote

The standard our country was built upon

Politicians make up stuff because people PREFER to listen to the made up stuff rather than the truth. Do you see how my example PROVES that this is the case?

This is an example of someone who is not only saying what they think, but also BACKING UP what they think with EVIDENCE. Do you understand this?

Why yes it is, but you can't tie it to this conversation.

You imply A & B, state A is true so therefore B has to be true.

The sky is blue. Babies eat pussy.

Just because the first statement is true does not make the second statement true.

Really? To think rationally and act? Hmm. Maybe they got lucky. Some CEOs are there because their father ran the company and handed it over to their son. Doesn't mean the son has these abilities.

Maybe they just simply made a company that did well because an opening existed, or because they had inside information, or because they bribed someone.....

If you do business in China, for example (and many American businesses do), you have to know how to play the system, and you can get lucky, or you can get the govt on your back and end up in prison, it's all about luck, all about Guanxi, a system of "favors" or "knowing the right people".

People sleeping under bridges might just have got unlucky in life. They might have lost their wife to cancer and become depressed. They might have been born with a mental illness and been unable to work for a particular company, been fired and others look at their work history and their letter of "recommendation" and not want to give them a new job.
So many reasons.

But here's the reason why votes should be one person one vote no matter why.

If politicians know that homeless people can't vote, they'll do nothing for homeless people. If they know homeless people can and do vote then they might change things and homeless people might have opportunities to get out of their situation.

The same theory holds for all groups of people.

Black people, for example. If they can't vote then politicians don't look out for their needs.
Women, for example. If they can't vote then politicians don't look out for their needs.

Why should homeless people be different? Surely they need someone looking out for their needs so they can get out of homelessness.

Just because the first statement is true does not make the second statement true.

Are you going to carry on being pedantic, or are you going to debate sensibly? If you're going to be pedantic I'll ignore you, simple as. Last warning.

Really? To think rationally and act? Hmm. Maybe they got lucky. Some CEOs are there because their father ran the company and handed it over to their son. Doesn't mean the son has these abilities.

Maybe they just simply made a company that did well because an opening existed, or because they had inside information, or because they bribed someone.....

If you do business in China, for example (and many American businesses do), you have to know how to play the system, and you can get lucky, or you can get the govt on your back and end up in prison, it's all about luck, all about Guanxi, a system of "favors" or "knowing the right people".

People sleeping under bridges might just have got unlucky in life. They might have lost their wife to cancer and become depressed. They might have been born with a mental illness and been unable to work for a particular company, been fired and others look at their work history and their letter of "recommendation" and not want to give them a new job.
So many reasons.

But here's the reason why votes should be one person one vote no matter why.

If politicians know that homeless people can't vote, they'll do nothing for homeless people. If they know homeless people can and do vote then they might change things and homeless people might have opportunities to get out of their situation.

The same theory holds for all groups of people.

Black people, for example. If they can't vote then politicians don't look out for their needs.
Women, for example. If they can't vote then politicians don't look out for their needs.

Why should homeless people be different? Surely they need someone looking out for their needs so they can get out of homelessness.
You reap what you sow.

Good night.

Are you going to carry on being pedantic, or are you going to debate sensibly? If you're going to be pedantic I'll ignore you, simple as. Last warning.

Dude you made my ignore list .............

Forum List

Back