Why tell Arnold?

p kirkes

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2006
NW Louisiana
It's another sad day for men when a personage such as Arnold admits to adultery.

Not only does it destroy a 25 year marriage, stress and embarrass the children, give a black eye to his "family values" political party and disgrace himself, and all for what?

Powerful men, men of all ages, social status or wealth generally share the same drive to lay with women other than their current wife.

Some maintain the secret, some get a divorce, regardless of financial or social consequences, and some get caught and some take matters into their own hands.

But why voluntarily admit it? That's what I don't understand.

In our society such infidelity is wrong, and confession is good for the soul and all that but why not keep the confession between you and your priest.

I'll bet the farm that Father Joe didn't tell Arnold to go and blab this around the world or even tell his wife. He probably council ed him on the benefits of self control, promise not to do it again, say three "Our Fathers" and three "Hail Mary's" and an act of contrition.
(no disrespect to Catholics just making a point)

1. Confession is good for the soul.
2. Maybe he wanted to divorce his wife anyway and this was as good a time as any.

Who knows. Who cares. The Governators' transformation to full fledged Democrat is now complete! Good riddance!

None of us are saints but why run the lives of so many people, his family, the child's life the mother over adultery. What can't men keep there zippers up.

No ones life is ruined. This happens all the time. You don't have to be married to be a good mother or a good father. In fact staying together sometimes is worse for a child. Arnold has been a well known womanizer for as long as hes been famous. This is no surprise.

None of us are saints but why run the lives of so many people, his family, the child's life the mother over adultery. What can't men keep there zippers up.

While Arnold shouldn't have cheated he is not soley to blame here (it takes two to tango). The woman involved knew he was a married man (A rich and famous married man...which was probably the draw). She shouldn't have slept with him. Period.

As for the staffer he cheated with..her life isn't ruined. I'm sure Arnold will be paying for her and her child to live comfortably (which was probably her ultimate goal anyway).

No ones life is ruined. This happens all the time. You don't have to be married to be a good mother or a good father. In fact staying together sometimes is worse for a child. Arnold has been a well known womanizer for as long as hes been famous. This is no surprise.

Sorry, Lew....wrong.

How about the ten year old chlid who probably visited the Gov's home, saw him but never knew that was the child's father, and missed out on the love, affection, and reflection a child deserves from his or her father.

There is a coldness, a pecuniary basis that informs this life...perhaps three lives. When I read the story, that, for me, was the worst aspect.

I agree...kids pick up on much more than you realize when living in a home where the parents are unhappy with each other. The fighting and stress affects everyone involved.

Just because you fail at your marriage doesn't mean you don't love or do right by your kids.

2. Maybe he wanted to divorce his wife anyway and this was as good a time as any.

Who knows. Who cares. The Governators' transformation to full fledged Democrat is now complete! Good riddance!

Maria has had to live with the womanizing rumors of Arnold's for years and I feel their marriage has long been over. They may still love each other but the "friendship" is over. Too much pain for one and too much guilt for the other. And the staffer may have increased her demands on Arnold in ways we can only assume but may never know and who cares. "You play; you pay."

If his wife didn't know already...it was probably just a matter of time before she found out (can't keep secrets like that forever). I'm sure he didn't just spill the beans to get it off of his chest because of the guilt. Not after keeping it secret for so long. His motives were probably wanting a divorce (or he was about to get caught anyway)...but it's still sad to see a 25 year marriage end.

Last edited:
he jumped because he was about to be pushed, imo.

I agree, sorta like the David Letterman incident, they'd rather admit something awful than have the media or their ex's release the info first.

Derek Jeter has it figured out, he has all the money in the world and can get any woman he wants so what does he do? He doesn't get married. I don't have any problem with guys doing that, it's what I'd do, get married later when you're in your 40's or so. We men can safely have children at that age no problem, no point in destroying lives by getting married young and having kids young when you know you don't give a damn about your wedding vows.

The dirty little secret is that so-called "investigative reporters" put so much pressure on the issue that he probably had no choice. It would be refreshing if "investigative reporters" used their skills on something useful for a change...like the Obama administration. It should be noted that the media did run a brief story about the Rev. Jesse Jackson's love child a couple of years ago but it was clear they didn't have the heart for it.

Forum List

Back