Why Tax Reform Terrifies the Left

Nice graph, I have a little observation about that if I may, if you look at the graph, and then look at the tax rates for the years that graph represents, it does seem sort of out place does it not? LEt me give you an example ,

In 1974 the top rate was 70% and today its what ? 35%? so the books get bigger and the rates get lower? Would seem to me the reverse would be true would it not? So does this not make a good case for basically reducing the number of tax regulations rather than the tax rate themselves?

poor whining eagle... so much spew... so little knowledge

uhuh....here come the attacks....you lefties are about to wet your pants with Herman Cain at the forefront....

:lol:
I think I'm going to start a thread abou the many things the right thinks the left is afraid of.......that they don't really seem to be afraid of.

I don't hear lefties accusing righties of being afraid much though.....hmmm

don't you wonder about all the many vicious attacks on Cain these days.......? the lefties are really gunning for him....

tax reform MUST scare the ever-loving snot out of them.....:lol:

Raising taxes is not really "reform"....

If we went to a flat tax we could get rid of about 75,000 pages of tax code.....now that's REFORM....

You are repeating the Perry lie. The tax code, while still hefty, is only 4,000 pages.

We do need tax reform though, but it needs more progression, not less.

Perry didn't lie.....you're the one who's wrong.....
according to Political Calculations: 2011: The Number of Pages in the U.S. Tax Code

2011-cch-std-fed-tax-reporter-number-of-pages-us-tax-code.png

And I've found multiple sources that say it is under 20,000. The ONLY source of the 75,000 number is yours. I think I'll wait for the Politfact fact check.

a flat tax would accomplish that...

Money you need for food and clothes and living indoors should be taxed at a different rate than money you need to redecorate the interior of your private jet.

The biggest problem is that what Perry calls a “flat tax” isn’t, writes Dylan Matthews at The Washington Post. A flat tax can sound attractive because it is simple—a virtue Perry himself calls out in his Wall Street Journal op-ed announcing the plan. But Perry’s version is optional, meaning the mind-bendingly complex tax code he despises will remain in place but will now be fitted with a new parallel tax structure. “By making the flat tax optional, Perry’s plan actually complicates the tax code,” Matthews writes. “It would force households to determine whether they should pay the flat tax or the regular income tax, making the process more time-consuming and expensive, not less."

“It is an embarrassment,” writes Reihan Salam at National Review, describing the Perry plan as an “alternative maximum tax, or MAXTAX.” Middle-class Americans will still face frustration and high tax-prep costs figuring out if they should go with their old rate or Perry’s new “flat” rate, but the flat tax will be an automatic steal for the wealthy. “Essentially, what Perry has done is reverse the Buffett Rule,” Salam writes. “He has guaranteed that no American will ever pay more than 20 percent of her income in federal taxes. Indeed, affluent homeowners living in high-tax jurisdictions like New York City and Los Angeles earning up to $499,000 will likely pay much less than that, as they’ll continue to have access to the mortgage interest, charitable and state and local tax exemptions … This plan defies credulity.”

Journalists Break Down Rick Perry

A massive tax break for the rich... Where does the extra money come from?

Perry's flat tax isn't a flat tax because it's optional........? now that's some mind-bending liberal rationalization....:lol:

What's there to lose.....? a few bucks for the "middle class" to compare methods.....? gosh! :lol:

and if the "rich" pay less money.....that's called an "embarrassment"......? No, that's called DOWNSIZING THE GOVERNMENT.....

uhuh....here come the attacks....you lefties are about to wet your pants with Herman Cain at the forefront....

:lol:
I think I'm going to start a thread abou the many things the right thinks the left is afraid of.......that they don't really seem to be afraid of.

don't you wonder about all the many vicious attacks on Cain these days.......? the lefties are really gunning for him....

I'm not a lefty...but I don't think Cain is being "attacked" "visciously".....he's being criticized the same way any other politician gets criticized when they run for office, epsecially POTUS. Asking Cain to answer the sexual harrassment claims isn't "viscious"...nor is making fun of his ads that show his campaign manager out for a smoke an "attack"...

I'm not sayin this kind of turd flinging is good......it's just that Cain is not a victim, nor is the right singled out more than the left, IMO

Last edited:

I'm not a lefty...but I don't think Cain is being "attacked" "visciously".....he's being criticized the same way any other politician gets criticized when they run for office, epsecially POTUS. Asking Cain to answer the sexual harrassment claims isn't viscious...nor is making fun of his ads that show his campaign mamager out for a smoke...

I'm not sayin this kind of turd flinging is good......it's just that Cain is not a victim, nor is the right singled out more than the left, IMO

Remember when Bill Clinton got just "criticized" in the mainstream media for his affairs.....?

oh you don't....? me neither.....

If you hinder in any way, shape, or form the Democrat's ability to spend money, their party is out of business. What reason would their constituents then have to go to the polls without visions of "Bread and Circuses dancing through their heads"?
"We have to tax more so we can spend more." Charles Range (D-NY)

I'm not a lefty...but I don't think Cain is being "attacked" "visciously".....he's being criticized the same way any other politician gets criticized when they run for office, epsecially POTUS. Asking Cain to answer the sexual harrassment claims isn't viscious...nor is making fun of his ads that show his campaign mamager out for a smoke...

Remember when Bill Clinton got just "criticized" in the mainstream media for his affairs.....?

oh you don't....? me neither.....
I was a politics junky during the Nixon admin, then again after 2004.....I don't remember the back and forth regarding the whole Clinton thing.....I just remember it being the blow job heard round the world.

Forum List

Back